Holland | City drivers being asked to run the road board

jimmyjoe (jj)

TB Lurker
Credits
City drivers through out the system are being asked to volunteer to run the road on the weekend. YRC and Holland have put themselves in this position do the low wages and they cannot hire. I wish they would get no volunteers but I know better.

City drivers through out the system are being asked to volunteer to run the road on the weekend. YRC and Holland have put themselves in this position do the low wages and they cannot hire. I wish they would get no volunteers but I know better.

If it gets a road guy home on Saturday for the weekend spent with his family, and the city guy wants to, and has the hours to work, I think it's a good thing.
If it's only because their bull ::shit:: has gone around and they are short handed, not able to hire for road, **** em and wait until 2019. Open Board road drivers have been getting screwed at Holland for the last few years.

Turn the F-ing TRUCKS UP and RAISE THE PAY ,IF they really wanted to move the freight , which they don't obsessively:6788:, and plus city driver's are already running out of hours by Friday !
They won't turn the trucks up until 2019, as a carrot to get guys to sign the contract, or as part of the contract itself all while keeping wages low. Either way, turning the trucks up will be the shiny object they use in 2019 to get a ::shit:: pile contract signed.

If it gets a road guy home on Saturday for the weekend spent with his family, and the city guy wants to, and has the hours to work, I think it's a good thing.
If it's only because their bull :::shit::: has gone around and they are short handed, not able to hire for road, :censored: em and wait until 2019. Open Board road drivers have been getting screwed at Holland for the last few years.
I'm going to disagree with you. I know in my supplement City guys cannot perform road work! If they can get away with this what's going to stop them from saying you going to fuel and hook your own tractor at night time as a road driver when you come in because it short city drivers. Or better yet you get in the morning and then going to send you to go make a couple of deliveries in the city. Also anyone that's been around 15-20 years knows that they ran the crap out of us as open board drivers. But we got paid better than any non-union company and I layover pay was Superior to any union company. So we put up with the crap

I'm going to disagree with you. I know in my supplement City guys cannot perform road work! If they can get away with this what's going to stop them from saying you going to fuel and hook your own tractor at night time as a road driver when you come in because it short city drivers. Or better yet you get in the morning and then going to send you to go make a couple of deliveries in the city. Also anyone that's been around 15-20 years knows that they ran the crap out of us as open board drivers. But we got paid better than any non-union company and I layover pay was Superior to any union company. So we put up with the crap

You made your point and I agree with all except road driver pay, but you made it clear that was 15 to 20 years ago. It's not that way now. But you are spot on regarding work rules.

just because the contract etc says they cant doesnt mean jack to them alot of the time, they will do anything they want until they get their chain yanked. (grievance,loss of money, preferably thousands)

they have done similar stuff in detroit, they were having road guys drop their own trailers whether they were from detroit or not and no ground crew..they did this at least 3 times and they cried work overload,need guys on the dock, but there was a grievance filed and they paid money out... corporate called and told them to quit it.

a grievance needs to be filed and they need to lose money to get them to stop.

i can confirm they have a posting up for a linehaul run in detroit for city drivers as well.

Atlanta has postings for line haul also.
If they do it though, they will pay mightily for grievances They have already been told they can't .
I hear we are 400 loads behind, system wide.
If they would quit suspending so many damn people they wouldn't be that far behind.

Hey falcon in Me the local ok’ed the weekend running for last weekend. This week not so sure. But most city men are out of hours by Saturday.

Hey falcon in Me the local ok’ed the weekend running for last weekend. This week not so sure. But most city men are out of hours by Saturday.

Is the union recognizing the 34 hour reset or are the city drivers not allowed to drive Monday?
Also, are they going crazy with suspensions in Memphis? We have 6 or more on suspension every week and are giving loads to contractors.
They aren’t accepting doctors notes and are suspending on the 4th late within a 6 month period.
They’ve lost their damn minds down here Griz.

Is the union recognizing the 34 hour reset or are the city drivers not allowed to drive Monday?
Also, are they going crazy with suspensions in Memphis? We have 6 or more on suspension every week and are giving loads to contractors.
They aren’t accepting doctors notes and are suspending on the 4th late within a 6 month period.
They’ve lost their damn minds down here Griz.
They haven't lost their minds. Don't they usually get away with a ::shit:: load in the south? Isn't that why they over hire road drivers from southern terminals? I heard the Carolina Conference bends over at every chance.
Hoffa is weak, but from what I've seen, Hoffa locals in the south are weaker.

I unloaded 2 ATL loads yesterday and loads were perfect. STL is another story. Must have a couple of doors assigned to ME. A lot of misloads and part of a shipment on different trailers.

I unloaded 2 ATL loads yesterday and loads were perfect. STL is another story. Must have a couple of doors assigned to ME. A lot of misloads and part of a shipment on different trailers.

Are they suspending dock and drivers for 4 lates? Are they giving letters and suspensions with doctors notes? I’m just wondering if this is just in Atlanta or everywhere.

They haven't lost their minds. Don't they usually get away with a :::shit::: load in the south? Isn't that why they over hire road drivers from southern terminals? I heard the Carolina Conference bends over at every chance.
Hoffa is weak, but from what I've seen, Hoffa locals in the south are weaker.
We were winning almost all grievances until the IBT appointed two new members to represent us in committee.Ken Bryant needs to come back on committee.
We are contacting the IBT freight division about it,we are also contacting OSHA/ labor board about the discipline for illnesses.

Now is the time that if guys stuck together we could stick the screws to them. But we have way to many greedy guys out there to stick together! I am beginning to think that about half the guys really don't deserve to be called brothers!

Do you really think they will hang a carrot of faster trucks? What good does that do for a city guy or dock guy?

Okay here is a question that will open a lot of controversy. City men use 60/7 rule line haul use 70/8, if I gave 60 on Friday can I run road on Saturday under 70 hour rule?

If a city guy hits 60 on Saturday he can work Monday with reset.

If we want to fix the problem, as of know get rid of velocity centers and go back to kick and pick and make management responsible for proper loads no more burying 4 bill's of proper with 20 skids of relay. Way move freight twice with VC terminals. And move freight with line haul drivers. We have city men that run more miles than VC drivers.

Do you really think they will hang a carrot of faster trucks? What good does that do for a city guy or dock guy?

Okay here is a question that will open a lot of controversy. City men use 60/7 rule line haul use 70/8, if I gave 60 on Friday can I run road on Saturday under 70 hour rule?

If we want to fix the problem, as of know get rid of velocity centers and go back to kick and pick and make management responsible for proper loads no more burying 4 bill's of proper with 20 skids of relay. Way move freight twice with VC terminals. And move freight with line haul drivers. We have city men that run more miles than VC drivers.
It seems all relay frt from KC goes through Me and relay frt is always on the rear. Come on, we work IB in the morning OB at night at end of line terminals. Velocity is the single worst managerial move in the history of Holland. Service and claims skyrocketed.

They offered work to city guys they are running a turn up to Knoxville out of my barn. I signed up to work was called for Sunday night lay down not Saturday night turn have hours for both. I like free money.

using 34 enables the company to overwork you on a weekly basis. Too much has been given back to throw them another bone. This problem now hopefully helps in negotiations. They know why we have to much work.