Holland | City drivers being asked to run the road board

We are having a guy retire the end of next week and I am taking a bid. I really like the money and freedom of running open board and i live about 45 miles from the terminal, but I can't take this bullshit anymore. I am going to get fired when I come unglued and either go off on central or climb through one of those glass windows. Enough is enough, I can't wait for contract time!

We are having a guy retire the end of next week and I am taking a bid. I really like the money and freedom of running open board and i live about 45 miles from the terminal, but I can't take this :horseshit: anymore. I am going to get fired when I come unglued and either go off on central or climb through one of those glass windows. Enough is enough, I can't wait for contract time!
Gotta be able to beat them with the language. Works for me except on Dean but I don’t get in his area too much. I just file and collect on him though

I was passed last night by a 27 or 28 series Volvo and my radar system said it was doing 72. Someone got turned up.
Every night it happens to me, it doesn't bother me so much when its a newer guy because he was probably just stuck in the truck, but when some guy that has been here fifteen or twenty years blows by me in a Volvo blows by me it pisses me off because you know he has turned down multiple new trucks to continue screwing his brothers over.....you know who you are!

I was passed last night by a 27 or 28 series Volvo and my radar system said it was doing 72. Someone got turned up.
Every night it happens to me, it doesn't bother me so much when its a newer guy because he was probably just stuck in the truck, but when some guy that has been here fifteen or twenty years blows by me in a Volvo blows by me it pisses me off because you know he has turned down multiple new trucks to continue screwing his brothers over.....you know who you are!
Trucks running hot has been going on since you could put vice grip pliers on fuel return lines. Way the 1953 work rules are setup is man may get longer run tonight, but is done later in day so re runs out short the next night. You get in earlier so you will get longest out plus probably layover depending on terminal your at or they get you out on your 10 or time which gets you out ahead of majority road drivers being dispatched at a later time. End of the week you average bout the same amount of miles. I love It when I see a holland or YRC truck coming on freeway and Estes or southeastern etc stays in the left lane cause he thinks he will be passing him in a few. Yet he doesn’t know he just ran up on a large car freight truck and now his ego has been deflated now. Pop the clutch on 2300 series sterling’s and she will run around 80 mph.

Last edited:
Trucks running hot has been going on since you could put vice grip pliers on fuel return lines. Way the 1953 work rules are setup is man may get longer run tonight, but is done later in day so re runs out short the next night. You get in earlier so you will get longest out plus probably layover depending on terminal your at or they get you out on your 10 or time which gets you out ahead of majority road drivers being dispatched at a later time. End of the week you average bout the same amount of miles. I love It when I see a holland or YRC truck coming on freeway and Estes or southeastern etc stays in the left lane cause he thinks he will be passing him in a few. Yet he doesn’t know he just ran up on a large car freight truck and now his ego has been deflated now. Pop the clutch on 2300 series sterling’s and she will run around 80 mph.
You don't run the open board do you? Rules like early in longest out no longer exist, the only rule that exists is that they have to worn you each night before they pound it up your ass! No need to worry last night was my last on the open board for a while so blow my doors off and it won't bother me, I am no longer in a hurry!

You don't run the open board do you? Rules like early in longest out no longer exist, the only rule that exists is that they have to worn you each night before they pound it up your ass! No need to worry last night was my last on the open board for a while so blow my doors off and it won't bother me, I am no longer in a hurry!
Yes I do run open board. Dispatch procedures do exist if you grieve it that’s what the sign out sheets are for I use them frequently to collect on them. If you see a load that’s longer when you call for next dispatch write trailer number down and call Central and ask if the trailer moved and if so who moved it. Grieve for all miles runaround plus any extra miles beyond that dispatch. If your looking for them to just honor it good luck till everyone starts filing left and right on them. Excessive payouts makes them adjust their way of thinking.

yeah, only a very few run good and the point is they have freight sitting all over , turn the trucks & pay up to non-union level and get the freight moving !!