TForce | city drivers route changing

bighammer

TB Lurker
Credits
are any of the other terminals changing bid procedures in indy were changing from routes to areas it doubles our route size

Are you saying that you are doubling the amount of area that any one route has to cover? Up in our neck of the woods, we are putting more and more drivers on and shrinking the amount of area any one driver covers. For instance, I use to cover 9 towns and cities. Now I cover four. There are a couple more trucks in the area. Today I had a full trailer for one town, awesome!!

Are you saying that you are doubling the amount of area that any one route has to cover? Up in our neck of the woods, we are putting more and more drivers on and shrinking the amount of area any one driver covers. For instance, I use to cover 9 towns and cities. Now I cover four. There are a couple more trucks in the area. Today I had a full trailer for one town, awesome!!

I used to cover 3 cities and 2 towns now I am down to 1 city, and half of the state for pickup's.:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Why wouldn't it make more sence to tighten up the delivery areas.
The outbound trailers would be able to leave earlier with us city drivers getting our pickups back for outbound loading earlier.
So the inbound will arrive earlier.
The P & D routes will leave the terminal earlier.
You can get your deliveries off than make pickups.
I'd rather get my deliveries off than make pickups.
I really don't like making pickups while I'm delivering,than have to keep moving the freight from side to side,so I an get my deliveries off.
Also I think all of us P & D drivers would much rather come in to start our routes around 8,or 9 am,instead of 10 to noon.
Than getting back later in the evening.

Efficiency has to start somewhere.
And shrinking the routes would be as good as anywhere to start,a better on time delivery system.
I for one feel we would gain more customers if we could have a better on time delivery system in place.

As this company begins to grow you will see so many changes in the name of efficiency your head will spin. The Brown machine could not claim to be the tightest ship, if it was any other way. Right now it seems that we are tripping over millions to make pennies!!!

Buffalo was the first NY terminal that started operations in 1985.
Than came Rochester,Albany,& Syracuse in 1986.
Rochester started up the end of May,
I hired on with Overnite the end of July.
We were the very first nationwide non-union LTL company in Rochester.
We could of had all the LTL business here.
But that was the year Union Pacific Rail Road bought Overnite.
In the years after Overnite came into to start their northeastern region,all the rest of the non-union LTL's slowly came into town,as well as companies operating out of Syracuse,and Buffalo to take their share of the Rochester LTL business.
We saw Overnite gain,and loose,with the Rail Road,slow delivery times, missed pickup's,and deliveries,as well as shortages,and damages.

It was a good thing the Rail Road hired Leo S.,and his buddy Gordon M.
Two long time trucking executives to bail them out.
That was then.

Times change, old methods have to be put away.
New to us proven UPS delivery methods are being introduced.
We all have to go with the flow,or get out of the way.
This is life in the fast lane of the trucking industry,get up to speed or be run over.

LTL trucking was deregulated by our government in 1980 just 16 years ago.
There were around 3500 LTL's nationwide.
Mostly union back then.
Now you can count the union companies on one hand.

It's anyones guess how many will still be running in the next 10 years.
I'm sure UPS will be one of the biggest players.

So heres the bottom line, union,or no union all of us freight haulers working for UPS,should just do our best to help our company grow their buisness end of story.
I'm posting this,and also talking to myself.
I'm letting go of what ever goes on with the union from here on in.
I'm really sick,and tired of hearing about what they may be doing.
I myself am going to do my part to grow our business untill I retire,this is the second end of story.
HA, HA, HA, how do you like them apples?