Holland | City Driver's Running out of Hours !

Just curious, why do you state non teamster 401K? Do you think there is something wrong with the current 401K because it has Teamster in the name?

from what i can tell, its fine..but there are issues: theres just no company match at all and with it being "teamster" there is suspicion from me anyway that there is corruption somewhere,somehow he and his buddies get a kickback from whoever manages it, its how hoffa works. also i dont know of any "benefit" from joining the teamster 401k other than showing pride in the union.

Last edited:
from what i can tell, its fine..but there are issues: theres just no company match at all and with it being "teamster" there is suspicion from me anyway that there is corruption somewhere,somehow he and his buddies get a kickback from whoever manages it, its how hoffa works. also i dont know of any "benefit" from joining the teamster 401k other than showing pride in the union.
Negotiated no company match.

The inability to hire Driver's ,will be the demise of Holland !! :apologetic:
We say the same thing at New Penn, YRC has the luxury of not dealing with the time sensitive shipments that the regional carriers customers base requires so they either don't understand or don't care how not being able to hire drivers affects the regionals operations.

I have put money in the Teamster 401K for years now. The benefits are two, first that the money is put in before taxes just like any 401K and the second is that it is run by Prudential a very reputable investing company and they have some very good choices to invest in. Could they have more choices, yes of course, but if you do some homework it isn't real hard to figure out the better funds over the last number of years where you can increase your investment. Yes it would be wonderful to get a company match, with the current condition of the pension I would be more than happy to let the company quit putting any money in the pension and just put it in my 401K. Yes I know this might screw the older fella's that are already retired but I feel they screwed me by not excepting the reduced pension which would have allowed the pension to last long enough that there would be something left in ten years when I retire so I guess what comes around goes around.

Yes ever day. We have drivers work over their 14 just to get the next day off. What happened to covering your bid time? Our managing team is clueless.[/QUOTE

Every Friday the same city guys in SB have no hours. Burned up. If they aren't burned out of hours, they call off so the noon closing shift gets robbed of 5 or 6 people on average to cover lack of people.

Griz , you are 100% correct , always short handed on close shift with forklifts sitting ,and getting loads out late midnight or later , but hey they overstaffed the morning crew and they stand around waiting for the in-bound-loads to get in when they all got out late because of no help on close shift !! Riddle me that management ???? It's like you can have 50 guys start early , BUT if you can't get loads out at night on , they won't get back till late in morning ! Point is you need to staff enough guys to keep all the forklifts running at night to get the loads out on time !:6788:

Griz , you are 100% correct , always short handed on close shift with forklifts sitting ,and getting loads out late midnight or later , but hey they overstaffed the morning crew and they stand around waiting for the in-bound-loads to get in when they all got out late because of no help on close shift !! Riddle me that management ???? It's like you can have 50 guys start early , BUT if you can't get loads out at night on , they won't get back till late in morning ! Point is you need to staff enough guys to keep all the forklifts running at night to get the loads out on time !:6788:

Amen to that! Can't have good returns on linehaul if can't get them out on time on time to get city out in the damn mornings!

I have put money in the Teamster 401K for years now. The benefits are two, first that the money is put in before taxes just like any 401K and the second is that it is run by Prudential a very reputable investing company and they have some very good choices to invest in. Could they have more choices, yes of course, but if you do some homework it isn't real hard to figure out the better funds over the last number of years where you can increase your investment. Yes it would be wonderful to get a company match, with the current condition of the pension I would be more than happy to let the company quit putting any money in the pension and just put it in my 401K. Yes I know this might screw the older fella's that are already retired but I feel they screwed me by not excepting the reduced pension which would have allowed the pension to last long enough that there would be something left in ten years when I retire so I guess what comes around goes around.
I to have been in the Teamster 401 for 20 years. Thank God I made that sacrifice in the beginning.

I use to hear for years all this talk about Teamsters and brotherhood and on and on. I also came to the conclusion years ago, that the only one that is going to lookout for my family, is me.

I use to hear for years all this talk about Teamsters and brotherhood and on and on. I also came to the conclusion years ago, that the only one that is going to lookout for my family, is me.
Agree ,look out for Family & yourself , as the union don't give a rat's ass about us anymore ,with CSPF going broke and letting them take away -15% pay and at work there is no brotherhood anymore , Driver's screw the next Driver every chance they can and then there is the BIG WAR between City & Line-haul , everyday is a bitching match !!

At MI the night ops dick is cutting shifts one night, putting up work available the next, asking for volunteers to go home early and letting guys stay on overtime. Contract? what contract?

At MI the night ops dick is cutting shifts one night, putting up work available the next, asking for volunteers to go home early and letting guys stay on overtime. Contract? what contract?
Those Milwaukee guys are pretty sharp....I am sure they will bending that ops dick over and pounding it dry pretty soon. You want a strong Union and a Strong Contract? Well you have to make it that way! I wish anybody who really wanted a strong Union could spend a month in Chicago and Wheeling, they have it figured out!

I to have been in the Teamster 401 for 20 years. Thank God I made that sacrifice in the beginning.
I've been in the Teamsters 401K for 27 years but can no longer add to it, since I no longer work there. But even sitting there idle it has still grown. I will be consolidating it into my newest 401k real soon. I had three, currently two, but will be consolidating in to one real soon. Less to try to keep up with.
If I could have kept adding out of my paycheck, I would have kept my Teamsters 401k. My pension will soon be my last tie to the Teamsters.:sadwavey:

Agree ,look out for Family & yourself , as the union don't give a rat's ass about us anymore ,with CSPF going broke and letting them take away -15% pay and at work there is no brotherhood anymore , Driver's screw the next Driver every chance they can and then there is the BIG WAR between City & Line-haul , everyday is a bitching match !!
Sad but true. Luckily there other places that aren't that way.

New Bids are working well ,as another 14 hour day :cuss: but good news is Friday only have a skeleton crew working again !!:censored:

99e9e2772398fec1b71aeb572717dded.jpg
Another Friday & guys running out of hour's !