FedEx Freight | City Hands.......who like runnin' wild?

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
Just a little fun here guys, any city hands out there like runnin' wild like me?, or do you prefer a steady route? A steady route can become a bit tedious, or boring, I know you get to know the customers, etc.... but I like runnin' wild, it keeps it interesting. Also, when you get to a stop and their closed, you can just say you didnt know......but a good freight hand may sometimes persuade the customer to take it anyway, being that you didnt know they were closed...... :poke:
I also like the new sights I get to see, and the challenges it brings....and when you finish before the regular driver usually does, dispatch likes it too!! :buttkisser:
Ive approached management before about not getting a real start time, and theyve said that the relationship of a regular driver is important, I say BS...... every driver should maintain the same customer relations as a driver whether he's delivered to that customer for ten years, or its his first time......
Your Thoughts.....
:hyper: :thumbsup:

I loved running wild when I was in the city. I like to talk so I got to know the customers even though I didnt see them everyday. The only two routes that I liked and wanted to do on a daily basis was Fishers Indiana and Bloomington Indiana. I miss Bloomington it was a busy day all day and a bit challenging because its spread out and not well designed its got low trees and narrow streets and tight turns but man the IU college girls were awesome. Got a few dates while delivering to the cammpus, fun times being and adult but living like a college kid. :beerchug: Like you said if you get the route done before the regular driver you do look good and my bosses loved me and would pretty much let me by with a little more because I busted my but and took care of them even if at time I worried them a bit. Good times got to the point that I hated running the city so I went to the road at times I wish I could go back and have my senority back but that wont happen.

I just got back into the city myself.....running wild everywhere....get screwed up sometimes though and forget a customers location, and some of the names have changed too.

[quote author=hooty link=topic=79998.msg828762#msg828762 date=1273542682]
I just got back into the city myself.....running wild everywhere....get screwed up sometimes though and forget a customers location, and some of the names have changed too.
[/quote]
Now thats what Im talkin' bout...... :dance:
:hyper: :thumbsup:

its cool runin wild you hear what the regular driver is like and what the cust thinks about the reg driver and others.

:biglaugh: Or you get to hear the customer tell you what a hero and how the regular driver thinks he's the best driver FedEx Freight has , I'm falling down laughing at some of the crap that comes out of these freight experts. Mighty high opinion some of these guys have of themselves , if they only knew what the customers really thought of them.

Smokestack, one of our cust. talks bout 1 of our city drivers like they feel sorry for him cause he talks about all his problems with them and they thought they had it bad until he started talkin.

[quote author=ff5013 link=topic=79998.msg829082#msg829082 date=1273671313]
Smokestack, one of our cust. talks bout 1 of our city drivers like they feel sorry for him cause he talks about all his problems with them and they thought they had it bad until he started talkin.
[/quote]

That's sickening the driver needs to stop that crap .
Boy I'll bet the customer hates having to even take
delivery from us if they have to listen to that B.S.
every time the loser steps on that dock.

I'm with you Lonestar, I like runnin wild. When I first started, a few months ago, I was filling in all over the map and enjoyed the challenges it brought. Now they're trying to settle us all in to regular routes and I'm already bored....
I love it when I come in and I get to go someplace new or different!