Pitt-Ohio | Citydrivers only

slohan

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys we were told that dock plates had to be pulled when we got back from your city run,dock crew to busy to get off towmotor and pull it .Is this co. policy? I have been here 17 years and this is the first time I have heard of it.P S We have a new outbound boss, (Power play ?)

The only thing I know is the Straight Truck drivers are to unload their trucks themselves because the lifts are not to be on the trucks. some city drivers are helping on the dock along with linehaul drivers to try to make cut times, its voluntary not forced.

Is your new outbound guy an insider or from somewhere else? That may be your answer. Pitt does it their way and nobody elses. The way you did it at your previous employer doesn't matter to POE.

insider , he used to be a dockworker ( inbound)

Sounds like he is showing is ***** because he got to be a Sup. I guess he doesn't know maybe he does the drivers still make more money. We have had some drivers at that job and they wanted back because of the money.

if pulling the dockplate is to difficult for you, you may wanna consider another line of work. i bet alot of layed off drivers would have no problem pulling a dockplate for what your making.

I haven't heard of this policy at WSH, but I always put the dock plate up before pulling my pallet jack and other equipment off anyway. The same goes for most if not all of the other city drivers.