Politics | Classified documents found at Biden’s namesake think tank

Rastus

Semi-Fascist
AD FREE
"There's also a detailed process for declassification with rules laid out under executive order. Typically, if a president wants to declassify something, he checks with the agency in charge, which has broad say in whether the information becomes public, Gerstell said.

If documents are declassified, there’s usually a painstaking process of blacking out what information still stays secret. “It’s not a question of a concept being declassified, or boxes of documents. It’s a word by word determination,” he said.

The declassification order must be memorialized and any agencies that are affected have to be notified, Moss said. The individual documents then have to be re-marked to show they’re no longer considered classified."
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...dent-declassify-and-how-does-it-work/3164522/
The official documents governing classification and declassification stem from executive orders. But even these executive orders aren’t necessarily binding on the president. The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."
You are wrong

Rastus

Semi-Fascist
AD FREE
The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will."
Your side lies about everything so why stop now.

Bubba74

I live Here
AD FREE
Why did tRUMP steal the highly classified documents and why wouldn't he return them?

he was in negoitations with the archives to have them returned
He was told by them to put a lock on them which he did
The raid was done for shock factor and politics that is the reality
If we had equal justice under the law, Big Joey's lawyers would not be going through the stuff it would be the FBI
amazing the one standard for Rep
and the other standard for DEms

Brassballs

Last edited:

Brassballs

he was in negoitations with the archives to have them returned
He was told by them to put a lock on them which he did
The raid was done for shock factor and politics that is the reality
If we had equal justice under the law, Big Joey's lawyers would not be going through the stuff it would be the FBI
amazing the one standard for Rep
and the other standard for DEms
Why would we have to negotiate the return of the federal governments documents?
My question is, are any of Bidens marked top secret?
Are any of Pences?
Would you rather it be the FBI?...I thought they couldn't be trusted?

Brassballs

True
but the FBI and the MSM cant

it doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the Biden family business
Larry Holmes could figure that out
You just said you want the FBI to conduct the Biden search of documents.
Are you saying they're incompetent?

Bubba74

I live Here
AD FREE
Why would we have to negotiate the return of the federal governments documents?
My question is, are any of Bidens marked top secret?
Are any of Pences?
Would you rather it be the FBI?...I thought they couldn't be trusted?

Trump thought he could take them
the Archives wanted them back
you discuss something like that you dont send in the 1st Armored Division to retrieve them

The FBI cant be trusted
in case you missed it one of the lead FBI agents on "Trump Russia" was just arrested for being a Russian asset

AzPilot

The official documents governing classification and declassification stem from executive orders. But even these executive orders aren’t necessarily binding on the president. The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."
You are wrong
I will bet you that those documents recovered from Mar Lago are still considered classified.

Rastus

Semi-Fascist
AD FREE
The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will."
www.politifact.com
PolitiFact - Does the president have 'the ability to declassify anything at any time'?
The blockbuster article in The Washington Post saying President Donald Trump had "revealed highly classified information
www.politifact.com www.politifact.com
Your side lies about everything so why stop now.

AzPilot

If President Trump says he declassified them they’re declassified.
Brandon didn’t have the authority to declassify his documents
So, you are saying the President can give our adversaries our top secret nuclear documents if he wants.
If you think that is true, you are not very intelligent.

kboomarang

My allah, between pie and mode
AD FREE
So, you are saying the President can give our adversaries our top secret nuclear documents if he wants.
If you think that is true, you are not very intelligent.
Have a cup of coffee or something, he never said that, but keep in mind Joe has been widely know as the most stupid person by even the democratic elites for decades..... so he would do it.

flybynite

AD FREE
I will bet you that those documents recovered from Mar Lago are still considered classified.
Hey, who’s pulling your chain? So the documents found in Biden and Son garage are definitely classified and marked as such. Remember, a VP or Senator doesn’t have the authority to declassify documents. You still don’t comprehend. “Duh, which way do I go.”

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker or click the green AD FREE button to support Truckingboards.
We have 2 ways to pay for this website, Advertising or Users who buy out of advertising. Thank You

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks