FedEx Freight | CLEANING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
WELL, (deep subject), the new CEO Mr. Logue is cleaning house. P. Reed, L. Miller and most of the original Execs of Fedex Freight are going out the door. Supposedly someone from Ground is going to run Harrison. Good ole boys club isn't cutting the mustard by Fedex's standards anymore.

[quote author=Momoney link=topic=79663.msg825458#msg825458 date=1272505805]
WELL, (deep subject), the new CEO Mr. Logue is cleaning house. P. Reed, L. Miller and most of the original Execs of Fedex Freight are going out the door. Supposedly someone from Ground is going to run Harrison. Good ole boys club isn't cutting the mustard by Fedex's standards anymore.
[/quote]

I have heard friday is the day. I will be off friday, so just in case it is , I would like to wish pat good luck in his future endevers.

Wouldnt surprise me, if its true......they want to weed out all the old freight hands, why I dont know, they did good all these years....why run them out? I guess Fred wants all his buddies in place.........Look out freight people, watch your back.....
Any express or ground guy want to take my job.....bring it on, its not just riding around slingin' envelopes........ :hyper:

[quote author=USLoneStar link=topic=79663.msg825550#msg825550 date=1272548990]
Wouldnt surprise me, if its true......they want to weed out all the old freight hands, why I dont know, they did good all these years....why run them out? I guess Fred wants all his buddies in place.........Look out freight people, watch your back.....
Any express or ground guy want to take my job.....bring it on, its not just riding around slingin' envelopes........ :hyper:
[/quote]

Really? They've done a good job? Profit is down, (or gone...), damage is up, arrivals suck, morale is in the toilet, and lots of people want to punish FedEx with the U. I think they've done a crap job. They destroyed a working line haul system out here in the west that doesn't work like it does back east. They've destroyed 20+ year careers so guys can be pissed of driving a forklift instead of what they are best at. They got rid of full time dockworkers who had some skin in the game and took pride in their work and loads. (For the most part). Now we're sending several drivers into the same customer to deliver freight. We're sending multiple drivers into the same out of the way small towns to deliver freight that should have been on one driver.

We are MUCH less efficient than we once were, and charging more to customers that have taken a backseat to our own internal audits and policies.

I don't know what going on ... but at the hub I run to at night
The top man.. and I do mean the CCM is out on the dock chasing freight .. not with the lift .. but looking freight up on the computor, going to doors .. making sure cut times are being made .. even passing out some thank yous
LEADING... hmmmm seems to be really trying
all redshirts are busting hump .. but they always did ... here
Its the little things that make a BIG difference :clap:

Maybe just maybe Franklin.... we have some hope :thumbsup:

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=79663.msg825563#msg825563 date=1272551880]
I don't know what going on ... but at the hub I run to at night
The top man.. and I do mean the CCM is out on the dock chasing freight .. not with the lift .. but looking freight up on the computor, going to doors .. making sure cut times are being made .. even passing out some thank yous
LEADING... hmmmm seems to be really trying
all redshirts are busting hump .. but they always did ... here
Its the little things that make a BIG difference :clap:

Maybe just maybe Franklin.... we have some hope :thumbsup:
[/quote]

That's exactly what needs to be happening. Instead of being locked away behind their computer screens and trembling at missing a percent of Snapshot, they should make sure that things are running right.

Inspect what you expect. Trust in the lord but tie the camel's feet.

Maybe, just maybe those that have the "right stuff" will be left alone to do what it is they do.

I'm hoping.

[quote author=FILTH the Klown link=topic=79663.msg825474#msg825474 date=1272509655]
[/quote]

I have heard friday is the day. I will be off friday, so just in case it is , I would like to wish pat good luck in his future endevers.
[/quote] :buttkisser: :buttkisser:

[/quote]
Well, if it's someone from ground, does that mean we're going to have to become independent contractors and buy our trucks? I guess the upside would be that if I owned my own truck I could get a seat that won't make me a cripple.

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=79663.msg825696#msg825696 date=1272585132]
[/quote]
Well, if it's someone from ground, does that mean we're going to have to become independent contractors and buy our trucks? I guess the upside would be that if I owned my own truck I could get a seat that won't make me a cripple.
[/quote]

You know, I hadn't thought of that for awhile. Could you imagine trying to run a money making route with the way they load city routes now? They can't do it as a corporation, an owner/operator would go out of business quickly with their business model.

Oh wait.

That is our business model!

:thumbsup:

I wonder, if we had to buy our trucks to run city freight---what would all the clock-sucking crybabies do? actually have to work to make money? what a shocking idea!!!! :stir:

[quote author=1953randy link=topic=79663.msg825736#msg825736 date=1272592736]
I wonder, if we had to buy our trucks to run city freight---what would all the clock-sucking crybabies do? actually have to work to make money? what a shocking idea!!!! :stir:
[/quote]

I can tell you this, the crew at my barn are great drivers. I don't know how many would have to go elsewhere if we had to buy our own equipment. Probably most of them. The biggest reason they get
pissed is because of stupid loads that make their day more difficult than it has to be and is anti-productive.

Larry Miller retired yesterday.. Folks in HRO that know him say he wanted to do it last year, but they asked him to stay until Duncans replacement took over. There will not be a new pres named. Logue will run the show with Senior VP's in charge in Lakeland and Harrison. That is the way Express/Ground does it..

Its not going to happen .... buying our own trucks and runs

You can say what you want ... I'm telling ya right now ...I'd BUY ever road run here at our center... :thumbsup:

Having spent 6 years asa linehaul contractor at ground, the last 10 here are a lot more rewarding. A 1 truck contractor there never gets a day off, can't afford insurance . I like it here a lot better.

it doesn't matter if he retired or was fired thank god he is gone. wish reed would do the same. franklen you are right they really screwed the pooch. If we do run like ground u will see weekend runs and hro working 7 days a week like we did in the west. Just think maybe we might start making money again. That would be nice.

Why do we have to work weekends ... we haven't done that for many many years ... and made money ...

We are not going back to the old ways .. how many years has it been ....give it up and move on, and not to a different company, because we need the old hands (the backbone) leading and teaching the newbies. How did Franklin put it ... let the doers ..do what they do best.

I like working around someone thats happy with their job, rather than someone that **** and moans all the time :poke:
Out of 168 hrs a week I spend 60 a week working, I don't need to listen to someone thats not happy ...

I can see some managment changes,.
I never did like L M's veiw (its always the we) ... that is some :bs: .. its starts with the ME (everyone wants to be needed in some way).. and then builds to the we

:shift: