1. We have the Facebook and Twitter going again. We would appeciate a like or follow.

POLITICS Coal Worker Struggle

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by sucker666, Aug 21, 2019.

1. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    They need to be adequately funded in order to do that though, that's the problem and funding issues don't suddenly just crop-up they're in the works for decades and they are not hard to detect and manageable if action is taken to correct issues, it's basic math.

jimmy g, buffalobill and Fly-by-night like this.
  2. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

What's it matter they all properly came out of the same factory. Most of the walmart brand food comes out of the same plant the name brand stuff does

3. Fly-by-night

with what. Can't pay something they don't have. We the taxpayers didn't promise it to them so why should we bail them out.

4. Fly-by-night

yup i still trying to get blood from an orange

5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

No you don't 'get it'
    I didn't say you should not be helped.
    I said the 2007 recession was a national emergency and that s why they did the bailout. Or none of us would have :shit: right now.

What I always said here is your congress person in the house of reps will have to raise between 1 million and up to 10's of million dollars every two years to run for reelection. Senators while only having to run every 6 years will need to raise way way more.
    So where do they get that kind of money from? Lobbyist of course not you, not I. I can send these people $10 when I'm really fired up not much more.

Change the system of election campaign money and you change the way we are governed.
    then at least someone will listen to you for a change.
    But we scratch our heads and wonder why things are the way they are.
    Follow the money thats where you find your answers.

My city received some BP oil settlement money Maybe some tourism was hurt at the time.
    So the Major and counsel voted to spend 6 million dollars to make some improvements to a city park with a portion of that money. There is nothing really wrong with the park excepting there is no rest room facility's for the family's that play there. There is a very expensive 'playground' ( that playground equipment costs in the hundreds of thousand's, which sounds like I'm making it up but I'm not it's been written up in the newspapers )with the kiddie stuff but no rest rooms. Four years ago they torn out the rest rooms which were very modern restrooms nothing wrong with them at all. Maybe 10 years old? The major same Major we have now said he's tired of sending the police to the park to monitor the restrooms. Some people may have used them for sex, some to hide while taking drugs. What ever. So they tore it down and then no one had a place to go. Oh but now they want to build new restrooms. Which begs the question if police will not have to be sent out to the new restroom's and why not?

Of course they will!
    But authorizing the spending of 6 million dollars has a lot of room in it for political graft and paybacks.
    It's not only in DC its in our own towns and citys where we live.
    Mexico they say is full of government graft and corruption and I'm sure that it is.
    But we're not much better, they just hide it better here calling it campaign contributions and Pacs and super Pacs.

one more thing about restrooms in the parks. We have anouther city park again very fine building with restrooms. But every door has a key pad on it and they are kept locked. So maybe if the city held some special event someone would come and unlock the doors? WTF. If no one can use them then why spend the money to erect them?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    White likes this.
  6. White

White Straight’nin the curves, flat’nin the hills

American Airlines is an example of a company at fault.

7. White

I think everyone on here would agree that campaign costs & spending are the most hypocritical part of the system.

8. Fly-by-night

funny they will put, the company, in $807 million for this year. Man I sure they are lots of UMWA and CSPF member wish they saw that much go into there pension plan. If this is failing what does doing good look like
    https://www.pionline.com/article/20...n-plans-with-807-million-contribution-in-2019

White likes this.
  9. White

They we’re just under $10B behind at the beginning of the year. And, to save a post, if the IBT isn’t a business, I’m still a horse’s arse.

10. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

We at ABF get around 375 dollars put into the fund a week. If they wasn’t paying into the pension it would be in our check

buffalobill likes this.
  11. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    That's 19,500 a year.

Fly-by-night and SAC75 like this.
  12. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    theres the point, properly. you buy cheap crap and it always works and lasts? that's not been my experience....

Fly-by-night likes this.
  13. Fly-by-night

$19k is the max you can put into a 401k per year. Who would wants a pension. I would want the company to give me the money because I would do a lot better then the ones that manage those broke azz pension. Also at the end of the day it mine and I know what I got.

14. Fly-by-night

I would rather have it in my check. Have to ask then why did you let the company freeze the amount they put into the pension????

Jaloc likes this.
  15. Fly-by-night

Just saying sometimes the cheap stuff comes out of the same plant and off the same line. Snap-on and MAC are just over priced. All you are buying is the name.

16. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Chicago local 705 has 25 and out . I could have retired at 45 years old full 25 year pension in hand .I chose to work 19 more years to increase my pension to a 44 year pension . I could not see quitting a job I enjoyed doing . 45 is too young in my opinion to retire from any work .

White and buffalobill like this.
  17. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

They didn’t freeze anything. Jaloc likes to talk crap but they are paying what the union negotiated. Not a penny more not a penny less.

18. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    absolutely wrong, but if that's how you justify it, have at it.

00mustang likes this.
  19. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

Don't leave out Elon musk who wants to nuke Mars
    As if we don't have enough :censored: going on with our atmosphere

20. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

:poke: Mars is a different atmosphere!

buffalobill and kboomarang like this.