Yellow | COLA RAISE THIS APRIL?

Its going to be expensive.

Got a email today from one of the hobby vendors. They as of this week increased retail pricing 30 to 40% across the entire inventory. Its a permanent increase due to increasing costs.

Why are you still here? Serious question. I don't understand why people who hate their job stay at it.
Few guys say because don't want to start over or don't want to give up vacation time or doesn't want to give up milking the clock & unlimited smoke breaks , but main reason was the 62 mph trucks , but most just enjoy eating a Snickers bar daily !

Few guys say because don't want to start over or don't want to give up vacation time or doesn't want to give up milking the clock & unlimited smoke breaks , but main reason was the 62 mph trucks , but most just enjoy eating a Snickers bar daily !
Bad news partner. Found out those new cabovers they are getting from that Ukrainian truck outfit will be governed at,74.03 kph. (46 mph)

Why are you still here? Serious question. I don't understand why people who hate their job stay at it.
Did Evergreen post something on another thread to make you think he hates his job? His comment on upper management doesn't mean he hates his job. His planned departure is evidence of belief of better opportunities. I don't understand people's reactions to disgruntled employees. Sure, there's a few whose "sunny" disposition is toxic. But most are fine to be around and perform their duties better than most sheep. Why do people encourage them to leave? If drivers keep leaving at the current rate nobody's job is safe. The average age of people retiring is dropping.

Did Evergreen post something on another thread to make you think he hates his job? His comment on upper management doesn't mean he hates his job. His planned departure is evidence of belief of better opportunities. I don't understand people's reactions to disgruntled employees. Sure, there's a few whose "sunny" disposition is toxic. But most are fine to be around and perform their duties better than most sheep. Why do people encourage them to leave? If drivers keep leaving at the current rate nobody's job is safe. The average age of people retiring is dropping.
My reaction to his post was a question not an accusation. Evergreen's post stated this: "Doesn’t matter this company is the Top Bottom Feeder look around an excuse for everything, but wear your vest." That to me implies he is not exactly happy working there. I simply asked a serious question in my reply to him: "Why are you still here? Serious question. I don't understand why people who hate their job stay at it." I didn't specifically claim that he hated his job when I made the general statement about people hating their job. But I guess you can insinuate that I did imply that. Regardless, I was looking for a serious answer to why someone would stay at a place which they felt was so bad, i.e. "Top Bottom Feeder." There was no need for the snark of his reply to me just as there is no need for you to refer to others as "sheep" or suggest that those with "sunny" dispositions are toxic. In any event, I no longer care why he stays or leaves. Have a good day! :smile new:

Last edited:
If we had a copy of the contract we could look it up!

58241BAC-2A1F-42A6-9BD2-096149DAFD82.md.jpg 37066589-19C9-422C-B288-D4C7CC487ACF.md.jpg
I may be wrong in my calculations and understanding, but if I am reading this correctly, you will basically get 5 cents for every full percentage point over 3.5%. So, if the Index is 7.5% over the previous years index, you should get an additional 20 cents per hour on top of what your contract states your raise will be. Again, this is how I read it and I may be wrong.

Last edited: