Yellow | COLA RAISE THIS APRIL?

My reaction to his post was a question not an accusation. Evergreen's post stated this: "Doesn’t matter this company is the Top Bottom Feeder look around an excuse for everything, but wear your vest." That to me implies he is not exactly happy working there. I simply asked a serious question in my reply to him: "Why are you still here? Serious question. I don't understand why people who hate their job stay at it." I didn't specifically claim that he hated his job when I made the general statement about people hating their job. But I guess you can insinuate that I did imply that. Regardless, I was looking for a serious answer to why someone would stay at a place which they felt was so bad, i.e. "Top Bottom Feeder." There was no need for the snark of his reply to me just as there is no need for you to refer to others as "sheep" or suggest that those with "sunny" dispositions are toxic. In any event, I no longer care why he stays or leaves. Have a good day! :smile new:
I put sunny in quotation marks in an effort to be sarcastic. I was referring to chronic complainers. Not saying Evergreen is one. That's my bad on that miscommunication. You believe he's "not exactly happy ", but never implied he hated his job. Hair splitting. I know you don't care but my guess is Evergreen is rapidly approaching a milestone in life. Perhaps retirement age, a family member no longer needing this insurance, maybe new income stream or mission work. I do care. Mr Evergreen I wish you well in whatever lies ahead in your new chapter of life. By the way Triplex, I have discussed face to face with people about them seeking different employment and others about staying. I talked with them because I did care. About them, about me, about the company. In that order. Thanks for the well wishes. I gonna get busy and have fun now.

I put sunny in quotation marks in an effort to be sarcastic. I was referring to chronic complainers. Not saying Evergreen is one. That's my bad on that miscommunication. You believe he's "not exactly happy ", but never implied he hated his job. Hair splitting. I know you don't care but my guess is Evergreen is rapidly approaching a milestone in life. Perhaps retirement age, a family member no longer needing this insurance, maybe new income stream or mission work. I do care. Mr Evergreen I wish you well in whatever lies ahead in your new chapter of life. By the way Triplex, I have discussed face to face with people about them seeking different employment and others about staying. I talked with them because I did care. About them, about me, about the company. In that order. Thanks for the well wishes. I gonna get busy and have fun now.
Evergreen could have given me a straight forward answer to my serious question and none of this discussion would have happened. Instead he chose snark. I too would have wished him well if he had responded as expected but he never gave me the chance. So be it.

You almost have to put sarcasm in brackets so these
58241BAC-2A1F-42A6-9BD2-096149DAFD82.md.jpg 37066589-19C9-422C-B288-D4C7CC487ACF.md.jpg
I may be wrong in my calculations and understanding, but if I am reading this correctly, you will basically get 5 cents for every full percentage point over 3.5%. So, if the Index is 7.5% over the previous years index, you should get an additional 20 cents per hour on top of what your contract states your raise will be. Again, this is how I read it and I may be wrong.
When they agreed to this I bet they thought to themselves, we have nothing to worry about it will never go over 4 percent. Of course Brandon said "hold my beer"

Few guys say because don't want to start over or don't want to give up vacation time or doesn't want to give up milking the clock & unlimited smoke breaks , but main reason was the 62 mph trucks , but most just enjoy eating a Snickers bar daily !
I think you may be right Wong.
I stayed with those 62 mph trucks 35 yrs, just look at me now.
I live the luxurious life of Riley, buying Snickers by the case, and dreaming about a 72 mph transfer truck.

Why are you still here? Serious question. I don't understand why people who hate their job stay at it.
Probably because this used to be a good job, until a bunch of guys started voting to give everything away. We know other companies suck, we try to keep this place from going down the toilet, but guys still keep voting away and not fighting for the contract we have. Now we have guys (not mentioning names) that question why we hate this place. So either you haven’t been here that long or you are ok with letting the company stick it up our ass. I’m hoping it’s the first, we have enough of the latter.

Probably because this used to be a good job, until a bunch of guys started voting to give everything away. We know other companies suck, we try to keep this place from going down the toilet, but guys still keep voting away and not fighting for the contract we have. Now we have guys (not mentioning names) that question why we hate this place. So either you haven’t been here that long or you are ok with letting the company stick it up our ass. I’m hoping it’s the first, we have enough of the latter.
What is this "keep voting away" that you speak of? Have there been more concessions since the last one about 12 or 13 years ago? I must be missing something if there have been more. And isn't "a bunch of guys" actually the majority? If someone hates the place, haven't they had almost 12 or 13 years now to make a move to a better place? What's been stopping them? Just about every trucking company has been begging for help. And by the way, wasn't voting to accept the concessions a way to keep the company from literally "going down the toilet"? Don't you remember that the concessions were a requirement insisted on by the banks before they would agree to refinance the notes which were coming due and which the company didn't have the cash to pay off and which meant a likely Ch.11 situation? Or do you believe all of that was some kind of scam? I understand being pi**ed at having had a pay cut, but I don't understand complaining for 12/13 years already and not doing something about it.

That's how that works? I wonder if I could move to Utah, isn't that where you can have a bunch of wives? Think how big that raise would be!
Well, for one, you prepare to retire and do so debt-free. If you can't do that, then don't retire
With a great Teamster Pension, Annuities, Social Security (yes,2), and investments made over 40 years, and retire debt-free, you will do great. Better than you think.

Well, for one, you prepare to retire and do so debt-free. If you can't do that, then don't retire
With a great Teamster Pension, Annuities, Social Security (yes,2), and investments made over 40 years, and retire debt-free, you will do great. Better than you think.
I'm not looking to do great, my beloved bride and I have always lived a modest simple life and that is really all I am looking for. As long as I can afford that big bag of dog food at Costco every couple months we will be just fine!
But thanks for the kind words!

I'm not looking to do great, my beloved bride and I have always lived a modest simple life and that is really all I am looking for. As long as I can afford that big bag of dog food at Costco every couple months we will be just fine!
But thanks for the kind words!
I thought maybe someday you would move into a higher tax bracket, but without your Hoffa avatar
I have my doubts.