Yellow | COLA RAISE THIS APRIL?

I was just reading about the cola and the way I read it, you take this year 7%, subtract last year 1.4%, which leaves 5.6%, then subtract 3% and we should get a 2.6% COLA on April 1st. Roughly 65 cents an hour? Anybody think I figured that correctly or wrongly?

Yes.... and to a different building too
It only lasted 7 days going back to 309 and now we are going to Wheeling again. They can't make up their minds. There are all kinds of rumors going around of a huge shake up in April? Big COO all the bids changing, everything going to the spoke and hub deal.

I was just reading about the cola and the way I read it, you take this year 7%, subtract last year 1.4%, which leaves 5.6%, then subtract 3% and we should get a 2.6% COLA on April 1st. Roughly 65 cents an hour? Anybody think I figured that correctly or wrongly?
1 cent for every.02 % or a nickel a percent.
I think? That is one of those things they will say “ “that’s not we meant “

So if I drive 46mph, on 2 trips daily, am I going 92 mph average? If that’s correct, I may have to stay off, 294, slow down, and run Harlem through town all the way to the Edens….
My middle school diploma leads me to believe you average 23 mph all miles all hours. Please be sure to attach orange triangles to the rear of your Orange Freight semi to prevent frivolous lawsuits from ensuing

Wong, after Russia invades Ukraine you'll probably get drafted so don't worry about the COLA.
So will Yellow save my job when I drafted ? Got a call from the Clarence recruitment office & they said I would have to still take a tank driving test to be drafted & I said would have been driving yellow tanks for years !
tank GIF

9EEDB941-22A8-444E-8F19-E467E3940C2A.md.jpg 094091B0-0E30-42A0-BA1C-404F64A10430.md.jpg
Guys, I posted in post #19 that your COLA raise should be 20-cents per hour per the contract language. After being corrected by Homesick on the ABF forum, I think you guys are supposed to get a 60-cent per hour/1.5-cent per mile COLA raise. I originally based my numbers on a percentage increase of the CPI-W when your contract clearly calls for a 1-cent increase in pay for every 0.2 point increase in the actual Index (not a percentage) plus 3.5% from the previous year. If the numbers I was given are correct, the CPI-W numbers Increased a little over 12.0 points after the 3.5% adjustment from the previous year. A 1-cent pay increase for every 0.2 Index points adds up to a 60-cent per hour/1.5-cent per mile COLA increase. Your COLA language is similar to ours at ABF, except ours has a 5-cent maximum cap per year in our language. Your language does not have that cap in it. Contact your locals to find out for sure. My business agent told me when I asked him this morning, that it was his understanding that the Yellow employees will get around a $1.00 per hour raise with the COLA and the upcoming yearly pay raise combined. You guys deserve that and more with all you have been thru.

And higher gas,meat, eggs, milk, cars, electricity, everything, I bet your Kool -Aid even went up. Thanks Joe.
Everything goes up .It’s basic economics .If you had a high school education .You might even know that.Freight companies raise there rates every year and some times 2 two times to adjust for costs at minimum 6 percent every time.Your wage increases don’t even come close to that..There are shortages every where.Supply and demand.,are opportunities to raise prices.Especially when these costs are not regulated.My economics class is over..Did you learn anything,If not you get a D-.

Everything goes up .It’s basic economics .If you had a high school education .You might even know that.Freight companies raise there rates every year and some times 2 two times to adjust for costs at minimum 6 percent every time.Your wage increases don’t even come close to that..There are shortages every where.Supply and demand.,are opportunities to raise prices.Especially when these costs are not regulated.My economics class is over..Did you learn anything,If not you get a D-.
No need to have a Professor of Econ as yourself
to teach . Just plain old common sense tells me you cut off your domestic oil production and prices go up. Thank you Joe.
You pay people more to stay at home than work and it causes supply and manufacturing issues. Thank you Joe.
Have a bumbling idiot and side kick that have no clue for Pres and Vp that worry more about social programs than real problems. Thank You Joe and the Kumhola.
Explain highest inflation in 40 years Mr Professor!!!