ABF | Cola?

If we do maybe it will be 3 or 4 dollars to catch us up with the rest of the industry....
In our region we are having trouble hiring drivers because of the pay. Not all drivers look at the big picture the free health benefits the pension, overtime after 8. They just wanna make the most per hour and also lot of new guys only wanna drive no dock work so they can’t hire anyone new. The contract says the minimum we agreed for pay but doesn’t say anywhere that they aren’t allowed to pay us more. Even other carriers like central transport paying more per hour than Abf.

In our region we are having trouble hiring drivers because of the pay. Not all drivers look at the big picture the free health benefits the pension, overtime after 8. They just wanna make the most per hour and also lot of new guys only wanna drive no dock work so they can’t hire anyone new. The contract says the minimum we agreed for pay but doesn’t say anywhere that they aren’t allowed to pay us more. Even other carriers like central transport paying more per hour than Abf.
That’s true. The contract language regarding wages is the MINIMUM that ABF has to pay its unionized employees. Article 33, which Steward of The Rock pointed out, refers to a COLA…paltry as it is. If ABF agreed to pay more, it would have to be unilaterally applied. Would they pay more is anybody’s guess.

My hope is that ABF will consider re-opening the current contract to bump up the wages. I know it is a long shot, but it was re-opened back in 2015 to bump up the casual pay by almost $3.00 an hour because they could not get or retain any casuals at the $13.02 hourly rate at the time. This bumped them up to $16.00 per hour (2015). Now, they are having trouble getting and keeping full time employees. Like I said, it is a long shot, but it has been and can be done again. It would be a good way for Seth Runser to start out his leadership role as our new president.

Central Transport!

***New Rates - up to $31.00 per hour***

***$5000.00 Sign On Bonus***

Experienced drivers with 6+ months LTL experience start at $29.50

Now hiring drivers with a manual restriction

How does the sign-on bonus play out? One dollar per day for 5,000 days AFTER 5,000 days?
Not sure about the central transport sign on bonus but I know the Abf sign in bonus of either 7500 or 10 thousand is given to u one day one and u have to stay I believe two years or u give it back, might be one year but I think it’s two years and they give u the check on your first day. Usually the other companies pay u half after 6 months then the other half after or a year something like that

Not sure about the central transport sign on bonus but I know the Abf sign in bonus of either 7500 or 10 thousand is given to u one day one and u have to stay I believe two years or u give it back, might be one year but I think it’s two years and they give u the check on your first day. Usually the other companies pay u half after 6 months then the other half after or a year something like that
How are they going to get it back if you quit take you to court sue you for it?