Yellow | COLA

4. Cost of Living Adjustment Clause
All regular employees shall be covered by the provisions of a cost- of living allowance as set forth in this Article.
The amount of the cost-of-living allowance shall be determined as provided below on the basis of the “Consumer Price Index for Ur- ban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers”, CPI-W (Revised Series Using 1982-84 Expenditure Patterns). All Items published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor and referred to herein as the “Index”.
Effective April 1, 2020, and every April 1 thereafter during the life of the Agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for January, 2019 (published February 2019) and the Index for January, 2020 (pub- lished February 2020) with a similar calculation for every year thereafter, as follows:
For every 0.2-point increase in the Index over and above the base (prior year’s) Index plus 3.5%, there will be a 1 cent increase in the hourly wage rates payable on April 1, 2020, and every April 1 thereafter. These increases shall only be payable if they equal a minimum of five cents ($.05) in a year.
All cost-of-living allowances paid under this Agreement will be- come and remain a fixed part of the base wage rate for all job clas-
- 133 -

Article 33
sifications. A decline in the Index shall not result in the reduction of classification base wage rates.
Mileage paid employees will receive cost-of-living allowances on the basis of .25 mills per mile for each 1 cent increase in hourly wages.
In the event the appropriate Index figure is not issued before the effective date of the cost-of-living adjustment, the cost of living adjustment that is required will be made at the beginning of the first (1st) pay period after the receipt of the Index.
In the event that the Index shall be revised or discontinued and in the event the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, does not issue information which would enable the Employer and the Union to know what the Index would have been had it not been revised or discontinued, then the Employer and the Union will meet, negotiate, and agree upon an appropriate substitute for the Index. Upon the failure of the parties to agree within sixty (60) days, thereafter, the issue of an appropriate substitute shall be sub- mitted to an arbitrator for determination. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding.

I was thinking yeller cola would taste like pee....

oh my god omg GIF

Since the gubment is doing it’s best to show inflation is dropping
Along with the cost of living (true or not) the math is rather simple.

Your COLA increase will be 0

What is -15% of .02.......that is the answer to this riddle...
:lmao: :438::lmao:
I will have my partner look at that when he gets out of the bunk. Big Dave had us go to the border and pickup a load of beets from Mexico yesterday, then we stopped in San Antonio last night and watched an opening game of the XFL. They let us in free to try and fill seats so the TV audience thought maybe people actually pay to watch this.