College Football 2014

Reported this morning from www.dandydon.com

Smart, age 39, has been Alabama’s defensive coordinator for the last seven years and has had great success there. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: “Why would Kirby Smart, whose making $1.35 million a year at a program that’s been the nation’s most successful over the last few years, want to leave Nick Saban’s side to come to LSU? Well, think about that for a moment. Who do you think would be more pleasant to work for - Saban or Miles? Add to that the fact that Smart could very well feel like he doesn’t get the respect he deserves due to Saban's reputation as a defensive genius, and it’s not hard to see why LSU would be an attractive option. For what it’s worth, I heard from a longtime reader Sunday night who told me of the mutual interest between LSU and Smart. I was hesitant to mention it without being able to corroborate it with other reports, but now multiple sources are reporting the contact.

Looks like LSU and Smart are talking...

Added to the mix is Jack Del Rio, Mel Tucker(Bears DC) and Matt Eberflus(Cowboys LB Coach)...

Last edited:
Isn`t his old coach in Philadelphia?
I don't know that a Chip Kelley type offense is going to work in the NFL.. You got guys making millions a year in the NFL and they don't like working that hard with the "hurry-up" offense... I still have to be convinced it's going to work.. Turning a play every 20 seconds, just don't work in the NFL..

I just heard some sound bites from the game last and one that stuck out pretty nasty was "How do you like us now Blue"... Damn, that cuts to the bone...

I just heard some sound bites from the game last and one that stuck out pretty nasty was "How do you like us now Blue"... Damn, that cuts to the bone...

It's going to be a lot of fun beating oHio, the next..8 out of 10 years.
I cheered for em' last night..
but "Go Blue !"

I love your pink hat....lol

It's going to be a lot of fun beating oHio, the next..8 out of 10 years.
I cheered for em' last night..
but "Go Blue !"

I love your pink hat....lol
I thought you and Mud would get a kick outta that.. But I did promise him and I carry out my promises.. The thing I like about Harbaugh is that he isn't afraid to play anyone.. I'll bet he'll have at least one SEC school on his schedule in two years...