Yellow | Columbus Is The Worst

r6wKYLC.jpg

gNgRX5e.jpg

Stopped into the hell hole Columbus today. Waited on a set of empty’s for 2 hours, of course thats not the rest of the story. I had to wait another 2 hours for them to put a tractor under it. Of course now I had to go to bed enroute. That place is a craphole. What a joke!!! How that place stays open is beyond me.
I cannot believe how dysfunctional your system is. You have to wait for somebody to hook your sets, whether they are full, mty, or mixed, you have to wait, for someone to put a tractor under it, and then you are forced to make an unscheduled enroute hotel laydown. Geez, man. I pull in the gate, at any Saia terminal, break my set, dock the lead, and check the company website, for my next load. If there are any questions, I call dispatch, who verifies the numbers, and then I hook my set and hit the gate in 45/ 50 minutes. I get paid roughly 35 minutes, at $27 per hour, for this and every other drop n hook. I may not get paid for the full time but my ass is home before you guys even hit the outbound gate. I don't understand how you guys deal with it. More power to you. You are some tough SOB's.

I cannot believe how dysfunctional your system is. You have to wait for somebody to hook your sets, whether they are full, mty, or mixed, you have to wait, for someone to put a tractor under it, and then you are forced to make an unscheduled enroute hotel laydown. Geez, man. I pull in the gate, at any Saia terminal, break my set, dock the lead, and check the company website, for my next load. If there are any questions, I call dispatch, who verifies the numbers, and then I hook my set and hit the gate in 45/ 50 minutes. I get paid roughly 35 minutes, at $27 per hour, for this and every other drop n hook. I may not get paid for the full time but my ass is home before you guys even hit the outbound gate. I don't understand how you guys deal with it. More power to you. You are some tough SOB's.
I run mainly time critical freight or first freight--when I start at 4pm my load is on the ready line waiting on me-- I drive to the city terminal with city IN bound freight-- I put 2 trailer to the dock doors/ hook my set, takes 45 minutes that's 6 pins or $34.50...drive back to the DC- jump out of the truck- My 2 DC IN bound trailers are put, to the dock doors by yard workers, before I get to the drivers room and punch the time clock and close out my ELD I am done by 2:30 am with at least an hour break or nap time in there some where

I run mainly time critical freight or first freight--when I start at 4pm my load is on the ready line waiting on me-- I drive to the city terminal with city IN bound freight-- I put 2 trailer to the dock doors/ hook my set, takes 45 minutes that's 6 pins or $34.50...drive back to the DC- jump out of the truck- My 2 DC IN bound trailers are put, to the dock doors by yard workers, before I get to the drivers room and punch the time clock and close out my ELD I am done by 2:30 am with at least an hour break or nap time in there some where

Ran to EOL with two time critical on a Sunday, EOL dark. Told to bring two empties back. No empties in yard. Dispatch said to check trailers at the house. I asked for numbers of empties so I wouldn't have to pull trailers off the doors just to see if they were empty. Got 5 numbers from dispatch off the computer. Pulled first 3 off the house doors one at a time and each had freight on them. The other 2 numbers weren't even at the location. Eventually told to bobtail with dolly back to DC. Tell me who isn't doing their job? Total waste of time looking for non-empty, non-existent trailers because someone doesn't bother to enter up to date info into the computer system.

Excessive drop hook time
Excessive time waiting for fuel
Units on ready line with defects the yard should have found
3 bills per hour on dock
Poorly loaded freight
1.5 stops per hour on p and d
Return freight daily because driver making every excuse why he can’t do it
Clock milkers waiting for top, or 30 past the hour.
Did I miss anything?
You pretty much covered it.

Ran to EOL with two time critical on a Sunday, EOL dark. Told to bring two empties back. No empties in yard. Dispatch said to check trailers at the house. I asked for numbers of empties so I wouldn't have to pull trailers off the doors just to see if they were empty. Got 5 numbers from dispatch off the computer. Pulled first 3 off the house doors one at a time and each had freight on them. The other 2 numbers weren't even at the location. Eventually told to bobtail with dolly back to DC. Tell me who isn't doing their job? Total waste of time looking for non-empty, non-existent trailers because someone doesn't bother to enter up to date info into the computer system.
Tri, you (as usual) hit the "nail on the head". What goes on in YRC's operation is pathetic, and there's plenty of blame to go around. What you've described, and what the previous posters have described is in-excusable, derelict and accurate. When our brethren, ALL of them, figure out that when they sit there waiting for somebody else who isn't doing what they're supposed to do, and just wait (without raising Cain about it), when others who think this is a "garden party" don't do what they're supposed to do, when the management knows about these things and doesn't do THEIR job (get on the [backside] of those who aren't doing their job), that explains why we're in the mess we're in.
We ALL need to help each other out, do what we're supposed to do, get the freight down the road and delivered, and take pride in ourselves PLUS DEMAND that the management do THEIR [stuff] right, we can and will turn this ship around and stand it upright. The things I see every day aggravate the livin' daylights out of me. For instance, I picked up a T/C from a customer last week Monday. It called for delivery on Friday. It's a two-day point if we put "the pedal to the metal", but we had Christmas in the middle of it, hence the four calendar days. I made it a point to be sure that everyone who needed to know about this shipment was "in the loop". My terminal loaded it out Monday night, but the trailer didn't move until mid-morning on Thursday. It still could make service if they kept after it. Well, it didn't even arrive at the destination terminal until this past weekend, and didn't deliver until today!! This is not some extraordinary event; this sort of thing happens all the time. So why, why, for God's sake why would that customer want to trust us to get their stuff to destination on time? Would YOU ship it on YRC if you were that customer?
This complete failure to execute the task-at-hand is killing us!
To all our brethren, labor, front-line supervision and executive management I say: Pull your skull out of your rump (wasn't that "PC"), pay attention, quit trying to screw the customers and the company because WE are the company and we work for the customers, and GET 'ER DONE!!

Good grief.
Good luck to all of you.
This guy is a fool.
Anyone who goes into top management is just lining their pockets before yrc goes extinct.
And why not. Take the money and run because we all know this ship has tipped to far to right itself.
And half the employees don't care.
The other half do but it's not enough.
I've seen linehaul sit through a whole shift. And still be waiting when I clock out at midnight. All dispatch had to is ask the supervisor to get someone on the dock to finish his loads so he could be on his way.
Too busy eating twinkies and fritos with diet coke to worry about what is happening right in front of their faces.
I am so happy all that stupidity and ignorance is behind me.
All the experienced management left at the merger. The ones who knew the city and road. They hired all the flunkies back they fired or let go prior to the merger.
Part of why it's so f*-ked up. They were incompetent the first time around.
Now they run the place. With Jamie. Not his first crack at it either.
Nuff said. I'm not there. And I don't care. Just had to throw my opinions out here.
Because we got Jamie back!
cfooty2015event-100*750xx1745-984-798-469.jpg

:6788:
[/QUOTE.

Tri, you (as usual) hit the "nail on the head". What goes on in YRC's operation is pathetic, and there's plenty of blame to go around. What you've described, and what the previous posters have described is in-excusable, derelict and accurate. When our brethren, ALL of them, figure out that when they sit there waiting for somebody else who isn't doing what they're supposed to do, and just wait (without raising Cain about it), when others who think this is a "garden party" don't do what they're supposed to do, when the management knows about these things and doesn't do THEIR job (get on the [backside] of those who aren't doing their job), that explains why we're in the mess we're in.
We ALL need to help each other out, do what we're supposed to do, get the freight down the road and delivered, and take pride in ourselves PLUS DEMAND that the management do THEIR [stuff] right, we can and will turn this ship around and stand it upright. The things I see every day aggravate the livin' daylights out of me. For instance, I picked up a T/C from a customer last week Monday. It called for delivery on Friday. It's a two-day point if we put "the pedal to the metal", but we had Christmas in the middle of it, hence the four calendar days. I made it a point to be sure that everyone who needed to know about this shipment was "in the loop". My terminal loaded it out Monday night, but the trailer didn't move until mid-morning on Thursday. It still could make service if they kept after it. Well, it didn't even arrive at the destination terminal until this past weekend, and didn't deliver until today!! This is not some extraordinary event; this sort of thing happens all the time. So why, why, for God's sake why would that customer want to trust us to get their stuff to destination on time? Would YOU ship it on YRC if you were that customer?
To all our brethren, labor, front-line supervision and executive management I say: Pull your skull out of your rump (wasn't that "PC"), pay attention, quit trying to screw the customers and the company because WE are the company and we work for the customers, and GET 'ER DONE!!
Just keep on sucking on that Kool-Aid and whatever else You like to put in Your mouth. If You think that You are going to save this company, then You have My sympathy.

ok I’ve been h here a long time I would like things to be better for everybody but this is a job I appreciate this job we are all frustrated and bitter but the grass is not greener on the other side or we would have gone there

teamsters
i was part of the younger crowd at yrc back hmm almost 3 years ago, due to poor management (harassment) i had to find work elsewhere, now i train people at another company the skills i was taught, so even if you "had" talented people working there they are still helping the industry, just not your company

Good grief.
Good luck to all of you.
This guy is a fool.
Anyone who goes into top management is just lining their pockets before yrc goes extinct.
And why not. Take the money and run because we all know this ship has tipped to far to right itself.
I've seen linehaul sit through a whole shift. And still be waiting when I clock out at midnight. All dispatch had to is ask the supervisor to get someone on the dock to finish his loads so he could be on his way.
Too busy eating twinkies and fritos with diet coke to worry about what is happening right in front of their faces.
All the experienced management left at the merger. The ones who knew the city and road. They hired all the flunkies back they fired or let go prior to the merger.
Nuff said. I'm not there. And I don't care. Just had to throw my opinions out here.

Cmon Mystic, you can call Jamie a lot of names, but fool is not one of them, ole (Brylcreem) just put more money in his pockets than you will probably see in a lifetime.
I'll bet Jamie is calling a lot of people fools.

Cmon Mystic, you can call Jamie a lot of names, but fool is not one of them, ole (Brylcreem) just put more money in his pockets than you will probably see in a lifetime.
I'll bet Jamie is calling a lot of people fools.
There is no doubt his pockets have been lined already with more money than I have made in my lifetime. No doubt. Doing it again. No doubt.
Somebody is a fool here. Not me. Not you. But someone is. Jamie's not.
Easy money for him. I don't blame him. I'd do it too just for kicks.

Most terminals are like Columbus. Some better. Some worse. But all are basically the same.
Smaller eol's are a but more efficient. But will pull the same sit and wait.
That's all old flunkie management fault. Especially when getting linehaul out. Management couldn't schedule decent ::shit:: in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Most of your post is spot on, RT. The one thing I would like to point out though is I am surprised they would pickup a TC within a week with 2 holidays knowing it would not make a 2-3 day delivery. But also remember many shippers purposely give, or attempt to give yrc,freight like this, knowing it won’t make it, and getting it hauled at a reduced rate, or free...

Good grief.
Good luck to all of you.
This guy is a fool.
Really , Come on now , he is NOBODIES fool , after all think about it it , he talked them into giving him (1) $500-K signing bonus (2) $500-K in stock shares (3) salary of $784.000.00 and (4) all from a company that says its broke to the union ??? and plus has Banker Golfing buddies on the Cayman Island !!! Riddle me that ??? He is no fool , he knows how to milk the $$$$$$$ cow:6788:

Really , Come on now , he is NOBODIES fool , after all think about it it , he talked them into giving him (1) $500-K signing bonus (2) $500-K in stock shares (3) salary of $784.000.00 and (4) all from a company that says its broke to the union ??? and plus has Banker Golfing buddies on the Cayman Island !!! Riddle me that ??? He is no fool , he knows how to milk the $$$$$$$ cow:6788:

Hope you're not accusing my friend El, of hitting the links with Jamie!