Averitt | Combo classification abolished, thoughts anyone? Keep it clean please.

As for me I went from 7th to 10th, we had a 34, 28, and 25 years service city drivers switch to Shuttle.

They have told us nothing other than bidding starts on Monday. At nor we have not had a shuttle meeting in over a year and a half. They lay a sheet of paper out in dispatch with talking points. You walk up sign your name and that's our meetings. I'm sure this is not the way shuttle meetings are handled anywhere else. Nothing is handled here like it is up in the volunteer.

They are letting them choose where they want to be by seniority, but I have not seen any lists ,or know who is doing what. We won't know until they put out the bid sheet and seniority list Monday night.

The corporate program states than any city P&D driver can switch to Shuttle, start at .445, start at bottom for one year and then slide in by their seniority.

They have told us nothing other than bidding starts on Monday. At nor we have not had a shuttle meeting in over a year and a half. They lay a sheet of paper out in dispatch with talking points. You walk up sign your name and that's our meetings. I'm sure this is not the way shuttle meetings are handled anywhere else. Nothing is handled here like it is up in the volunteer.

At my house, we haven't had a shuttle meeting in the 9 years that our worthless/sorry terminal manager has been there. COme to think of it, I haven't seen him nor our ops manager at the facility outside the M-F 730a-430p time frame.

The corporate program states than any city P&D driver can switch to Shuttle, start at .445, start at bottom for one year and then slide in by their seniority.

With the team raises, what you stated above and the combo elimination, they are allowing moves between departments but also demanding sacrifices in pay and the bottom of the board seniority for a year to discourage wholesale inter-department moves.

Something tells me that there were hours of discussions on the inner workings of this development prior to it's implementation.

As for bidding and such, as usual, every terminal is doing it differently. MFS started last week. I also heard that the deadline for making your wishes known (I want to transfer to X department) was last Wednesday. Of course, not a word of any of it mentioned at my barn.

This would be a golden opportunity for Dick to transfer our Terminal manager and our regional manager from "employed to FIRED". Both are totally inept and incompetent.

Why do some terminals do this bid correctly and some terminals (like mine) turn it into a fubar.

I swear our terminal manager is nothing short of worthless.

We have nearly finished the bid at Knx ! It seems some terminals are doing it their own way for whatever reason, Knx did it just like the memo read, I'm hearing many are not, Cor. didn't even rebid !

Has anyone heard the "real" reason all of this happened so suddenly?? Think about it, sudden changes forced to pick a new classification, forced to rebid when it would cause the most disruption...... why not wait until the next bid time? Why do it when freight levels are at their peak?

No reason was told on timing other than it is the right thing to do, Combo just wasn't working and causing confusion and done different at different centers.

Almost no change here at all. All 3 ss drivers stayed the same, 1 combo/ city driver changed to shuttle, and no city or shuttle drivers moved.