R&L | Combo driver position here one day vanishes the next when I ask to do it

Cromag

TB Lurker
Credits
Our combo driver took a low paying linehaul and his position has been empty since last month. I was lucky to work the dock at 6pm on thursday for extra hours after coming in to do P/U's at 1pm and since I only had 12 hours for the week before Thursday it was much needed. The dock super asked me if I wanted to do the combo spot and I said hell yes I would, the way it is now if I get 35 hours a week I did good and anything over 40 is a miracle. The next day my TM said "Oh Wilmington has done away with that position"! That's BS :mad:! We only have 3 guys breaking trailers in the afternoon and linehaul has been getting out a hour or more late every night so why would Wilmington not keep that position to give these guys more help. Sounds like the TM is padding his bonus

A friend works at USF and word is they are going to hire 7 more drivers to handle 2 large long term accounts they are setting up.. looks like I have a decision to make, avoid the phone when debt collectors call or take a pay cut and work somewhere else.

Cromag, You know and I both know nothing is going to change at your terminal, (my old terminal) until they get rid of the incopetent management there..

Nothing apparently is going to change in Knoxville, it has been the way it is for years, and apparently, thats the way Wilmington wants it ran, "Into the ground"

Good luck to ya my man, I would get away from that place ASAP, USF would be a step up..
Our combo driver took a low paying linehaul and his position has been empty since last month. I was lucky to work the dock at 6pm on thursday for extra hours after coming in to do P/U's at 1pm and since I only had 12 hours for the week before Thursday it was much needed. The dock super asked me if I wanted to do the combo spot and I said hell yes I would, the way it is now if I get 35 hours a week I did good and anything over 40 is a miracle. The next day my TM said "Oh Wilmington has done away with that position"! That's BS :mad:! We only have 3 guys breaking trailers in the afternoon and linehaul has been getting out a hour or more late every night so why would Wilmington not keep that position to give these guys more help. Sounds like the TM is padding his bonus

A friend works at USF and word is they are going to hire 7 more drivers to handle 2 large long term accounts they are setting up.. looks like I have a decision to make, avoid the phone when debt collectors call or take a pay cut and work somewhere else.