Averitt | Combo?

Seeing an outside carrier pulling our trailers down the road is like a kick in the gut to me. I'll use lifers phrase" pants on fire" management.

Original RR, everyone on here will agree that I constantly remind myself and others that I work out of one the the finest run terminals in the company.I also understand that regions like Oklahoma and other Western territories seem to be a different world. It just bothers me to see a disgruntled employee try to dispute the facts on our company and our benefits. I applaud you for seeking greener pastures and finding happiness and success out the red walls. Hopefully your post will encourage other unhappy employees that there is life after Averitt and one can make a lot more money elsewhere.

Sorry you're having such a rough time Jm !

I'm not having a rough time.....I just realize it's coming to the time where I'm going to PULL THE PLUG and retire,or just leave AVRT and find something else to do. I hate coming to work,I have complete distain for the BS I run into during the week. At the end of the week I grab my gear and go home,I don't look in the mirror,nor do I care if the truck is there Sunday/Monday,or if the place is locked up when I arrive to work. I don't care about getting a new truck nor do I look forward to the cookouts,nor do I want to recieve the MINDLESS dribble that comes over the qualcomm units!

You know iceman I never said I hated Averitt. I love my job,I just want Averitt to come close to these other freight company's in pay. I am what you call a realist I call it like I see it. Yes new hires get benefits after 90 days,,But they will not get full holiday pay or vacation pay till they are employed with Averitt for 3 years. That's a fact. Do not call me a liar again when you don't do your research. You understand me, And another thing you are not fully invested in 401k plan for 6 years..Now you tell me what I'm wrong on. Yes Averitt is a good company,Its just not the best one in compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to argue with you with facts that are in black and white for the world to see.As a realist you must then understand that we will never come close to the larger LTL carriers pay scale, I realized that years ago. I have insulted the intelligence of job seekers assuming that they would believe anything on this forum without doing extensive research before applying here. New hires have told me that insurance is the number one benefit that is the draw to working here, full pay for vacation and holidays are irrelevant when they were searching for a job in the trucking industry. As Moderator of this forum part of my job is to monitor and remove any offensive or abusive comments toward any member, This forum is an awesome place to vent and voice concerns about our company, but they must be done within the rules administered by the owner of Truckingboards.

Yes OriginalRR,sometimes I chose to edit rule violations verses giving an infraction or banning a member.

Not sure why Redvolvo insists on lying about our benefits, you will get benefits in 90 days. We have discussed this before and Redvolvo still is clueless. The bennies vs. pay is your decision, but if you are losing 25k a year, this seems like a no brainer. Straight from the averittcareers.com website :" Multi-leveled medical, dental, and vision insurance. Not only do we have some of the lowest-cost insurance in the industry, but it’s flexible so you can choose different levels of coverage for each category and ultimately pay for only what you need. (New associates have Basic insurance for the first 12 months when coverage begins after 90 days.)"

I personally dont see the difference between calling a man a liar and calling one a coward. Are you prepared to submit to everyone on this board that you hold everyone else to a higher standard than you do yourself..You absolutely called RV a Liar and basically an Idiot with your clueless reference so I am at a loss as to what kind of people Jeff Todd has moderating this Averitt forum
For those watching, Companyman(AKA Iceman) like all other averitt employees have a website called averitt insider where they can go to conduct company business. You and I can not see it but it clearly states inside the bennies section that new hires will not receive full holiday pay until they reach 36 months. Now when i went to school 36 months was 3 years and if I remember correctly, in the post by RV that companyman deleted RVstated that a man will not receive full bennies till 3 years making his statement true and correct and far from deserving the label of liar and clueless that he received from companyman AKA Iceman. I am really concerned because companyman then chose to reference the website that we could see to make his argument all the while surely he had to know what his own personal website (the one we cant see) says about bennies, He had to have looked because he claims that he did extensive research but that part was overlooked because it did not fit the argument for him.
Now companyman in my first post i made a statement concerning the issue and your reply went basically like this. You opened defending yourself, You then went on the offensive against RV and finishied out by patronizing me. Then you just insulted everyone's intelligence by trying to diffuse the fact that RV was right by stating that most new hires were mainly concerned about the health and such not vacation. That was a very lame attempt to throw attention away from your iniquity..If I didnt know better I would swear that you were Jay C..Maybe as you delve into the bible to find the next quote that suits you God will lead you to something dealing with hypocracy...
RV I will just tell you that you might as well give it up because what you have on your hands is a man who will go to the end of the earth to polish to a blinding gleam, the turd otherwise known as averitt. Sometimes it just rolls that way my friend I have said my peace and Im out of here.

Here's one of the posts I deleted, the other was a threat. I will delete the offensive language and sexual content. :"I don't no why you lie so much on this forum,,It is a fact that new hires do not receive full benefits for three years. After 90 days you get benefits but new hires don't get full holiday pay and don't get full vacation pay,,. Combo drivers have to drive more miles and work more hours than regular employees because they do the same work for less money..THATS A FACT. I have friends that work for other fright companies and they are very happy with everything,,They actually get paid for what they do. Runn find a driver at averitt that has been there for about year and a half and ask them if they get full benefits... Ask if they get full holiday pay or vacation pay. Now as far is insurance you will get it after 90 days..You wont be fully invested in 401k for 5 years..And combo pays less money than regular employees. If you can get on with old domian or fed ex freight you will make more money and have better benefits.OD starts there drivers out higher than averitts top pay.. Iceman gonna say i'm lying but he knows it true. Averitt must pay him extra to get on hear and lie..I have friends that make 100,000 dollars a year that work at fed ex doing the same thing I do. 30,000 more a year than me. fed ex freight 57 cents a mile, OD 57 cents a mile..I have a friend that works for OD that used to work for Averitt and he said it is so much better than averitt that he would never work for averitt again. Dont take my word just ask somebody that is not on this forum..for real." Redvolvo

OriginalRR I deeply apologize for appearing to patronize you. It was not my intent. You are one of the few guys on here that have left the company and returned to say positive things about us.That shows a lot of charatcer. I admire Old Dominion and I beleive they are one of the most courteous drivers on the road and I am sincerely glad that you have found contentment in your driving career. I will never say Averitt is the perfect employer, that places doesn't exist as long as imperfect humans work for imperfect humans.

I'm not having a rough time.....I just realize it's coming to the time where I'm going to PULL THE PLUG and retire,or just leave AVRT and find something else to do. I hate coming to work,I have complete distain for the BS I run into during the week. At the end of the week I grab my gear and go home,I don't look in the mirror,nor do I care if the truck is there Sunday/Monday,or if the place is locked up when I arrive to work. I don't care about getting a new truck nor do I look forward to the cookouts,nor do I want to recieve the MINDLESS dribble that comes over the qualcomm units!

Jeep, I feel the same way as you....could care less if they make it or not, will do no extras and the reason for this is that the company has the same views about all of us. Total lack of resect for the people that they "expect" to do SO much for nothing...fuelin, dropping trailers, switching out, babysitting endless broken down equipment and flat tires for hours unpaid.

I do however get by with about anything I want to. I roll and stop when I damn well please and if I am late I fabricate some bullcrap reason why I was late. I am hear, however, for the longhaul because I am not going to go and start on the bottom of some other outfit's board. So I laugh it off, blow it off and do my time and go to the house.

My days of trying to help them or make ANY suggestions or trying to correct their "head up rectum" decisions are way far behind me. If they were to line me up to pull a southbound destined load north, that load is going north without any mention to anyone. They pretend to be so smart let them suffer in their ignorance. Doesn't bother me in the least.

I see the list of cookouts and parties all over the system. We have bupkis and to be honest I wouldn't partake anyway.

Averitt is a paycheck to me. Nothing more. Don't care about their profits, their reputation, their endless awards, and surely don't buy any of their propaganda that they spew in the monthly Pravda; stories fabricated to make the light shine bright on them.

I do my time, go to the house and dread having to return to the non-stop incompetence.

Has anyone had to deal with the disaster known as breakdown lately? Hours sitting and waiting for flats to be fixed with hardly a return call from a department (maintenance) that does not want to talk to the drivers. Many 4-5 hour waits. Again, you suggest a tire repair company that is close by and they don't want to hear it. If 100% of their freight was late because of this practice, they wouldn't change a thing and frankly I wouldn't give a rip if it happened, just unfortunate that I am the one stuck on the side of the road making peanuts to babysit for ignorance on high.

The new breakdown procedure is not good, if I'm in a dangerous spot I would not want to wait for a reply. I need to talk to a person, I will probably do both, send message and then call.

Was told by one of the gurus in breakdown "Don't call here. Do a macro 53." This is unacceptable! They are employing new procedures that I am not fond of.

Averitt is a paycheck to me. Nothing more. Don't care about their profits, their reputation, their endless awards, and surely don't buy any of their propaganda that they spew in the monthly Pravda; stories fabricated to make the light shine bright on them.

I do my time, go to the house and dread having to return to the non-stop incompetence.

Has anyone had to deal with the disaster known as breakdown lately? Hours sitting and waiting for flats to be fixed with hardly a return call from a department (maintenance) that does not want to talk to the drivers. Many 4-5 hour waits. Again, you suggest a tire repair company that is close by and they don't want to hear it. If 100% of their freight was late because of this practice, they wouldn't change a thing and frankly I wouldn't give a rip if it happened, just unfortunate that I am the one stuck on the side of the road making peanuts to babysit for ignorance on high.

Same. I like the way you think.

Same. I like the way you think.
PGTW...I think that about 95% of the "driving force" feel the exact same way. Want to know when the company went in the crapper? It was when they spent millions changing the logo of the company from Averitt Express to Averitt. Prior to that it was tolerable. Now it is a joke and like I stated, most employees view it very similar to the way I do. They don't care and neither do I.