ABF | Come on in: What it’s like at an ABF/ArcBest hiring event

:bouncy:
I don't know about other locations but my place is pounded with freight for this time of year. The new sales staff is really doing their job. I was told that they are using a new sales technique where they are pricing dead lanes on a daily basis to fill the trailers. Also sales team is not confined to a certain area or state, meaning if a company moves to a different state & they don't care for their new salesperson they can use the original one.... Whatever they are doing it's working.

I don't know about other locations but my place is pounded with freight for this time of year. The new sales staff is really doing their job. I was told that they are using a new sales technique where they are pricing dead lanes on a daily basis to fill the trailers. Also sales team is not confined to a certain area or state, meaning if a company moves to a different state & they don't care for their new salesperson they can use the original one.... Whatever they are doing it's working.
Everybody else is paying way more than we are. So they’re under pricing everyone. That’s why we’re kicking everybody’s butt.

I hope Slave doesn't read this...
They were talking about loading freight to Maximize yield!!!
I took a glance.
Did t read it though
We had a supervisor go there. He's a good man.
He has a job having to do with dispatching the road or something.
He really liked NPME and really likes ABF.
Definitely kept our job from becoming boring. Very much a dedicated team guy, whichever team he is on.

Not only sales but you got pricing on board as well. Better to have some freight in those light lanes to pay the bills instead of running empty.

They are calling it Dynamic pricing. Pretty slick, they are also coming out with a 3-D model for city routes so we are not backtracking or wasting miles….
doesn't surprise me. Most carriers our using routemax and haul plan software packages to develop efficient p&d routes. pretty interesting stuff. When I worked in W&R the veteran W&R personnel would say the dimensions would be the end of W&R.

doesn't surprise me. Most carriers our using routemax and haul plan software packages to develop efficient p&d routes. pretty interesting stuff. When I worked in W&R the veteran W&R personnel would say the dimensions would be the end of W&R.
UPS parcel has been doing this kind of thing for years. That helps explain why they are so efficient and profitable and able to pay what they do.

They are calling it Dynamic pricing. Pretty slick, they are also coming out with a 3-D model for city routes so we are not backtracking or wasting miles….
They already had a system in hand for maximizing inefficiency in the operation, and so do all the LTL Companies. Listen to your drivers, the vast majority know much better how to make your peddle run without back tracking and passing each other. We had a saying back in the UPS Freight times, "UPS where stupidity pays well".

Who’s this Routemax fella??
it’s always me stripping and reloading my route trailer…..hmmm…I’ll call it Routedave……. :17142: