Holland | Comments From Carl Barelli, USF Holland, Chief Steward And 30-Year Member, Local 41,

And I bet the applause were THUNDEROUS too weren't they? If the "leaders" in Washington were doing the right thing, that friggin rug would have never shipped on a Fed-ex truck. And he's right, the Old Timers wouldnt understand a "no" vote. They would wonder why the hell we aren't going on strike! A NO vote is as close as we can get to going on strike anymore. I'm going on strike when my Ballot comes in the mail today!

And I bet the applause were THUNDEROUS too weren't they? If the "leaders" in Washington were doing the right thing, that friggin rug would have never shipped on a Fed-ex truck. And he's right, the Old Timers wouldnt understand a "no" vote. They would wonder why the hell we aren't going on strike! A NO vote is as close as we can get to going on strike anymore. I'm going on strike when my Ballot comes in the mail today!
I'm right there with you shoeman! Why don't you represent us on the national level?

I'm right there with you shoeman! Why don't you represent us on the national level?
Some day I might! The Teamsters need someone to stick up for the employees that pay their inflated salaries! I'd be happy to make that money and be proud to actually represent the workers and not multi millionaire Corporate Thugs!

Comments From Carl Barelli, USF Holland, Chief Steward And 30-Year Member, Local 41,

A transcript of comments made by Brother Barelli during the Teamster Teleconference about the 2010 YRCW Restructuring Plan, held October 5, 2010
I personally love a Teamster that would rather work for lunch money than burden the fund, if we all did that and the fund could kick off( partition ) those that have paid in and are selfish enough to want to collect their money back, if we steal money from part timers who will never see a nickle , our funds will be in great shape.

has anyone given any thought to how much OUR UNION HAS HELPED US TO OUR CURRENT SITUATION every since I heard RESTORE THE POWER or GET THE HAMMER BACK we have been giving it away look at Schneider Transport they were aloud to go under and then CF they were both aloud to start nonunion companies and then close then there was the UPS give-a-way and all the other deals I think we should all take a long look at who is sailing this ship

{both aloud} , AH, both allowed, grammar check.........the rest are very valid points, and indicators of which direction we are going, and by my estimations is to the bottom. Nobody at the helm!

Hollandboomer out of DS here, 23 year member and 13 as chief steward.

I am surprised that this is the best cheerleader that Local 41 could come up with. Brother B. gives more reasons to the educated teamster to vote NO. The fact that he pretends to vote for former brothers and retiree's is laughable. True old timers would be spitting nails mad at a third round of concessions.

Brother B. shows no concern for all the multiple pension big wigs out of different locals including Local 41 while at the same time encourages us to possibly vote away our only pension without even a courtesy reach-around.

Instead of the light bulb going off in Brother B's head he's following a "light bright" plan with no design.

I am not hiding behind an anonymous screen name.
John R out

Last edited by a moderator:
Some day I might! The Teamsters need someone to stick up for the employees that pay their inflated salaries! I'd be happy to make that money and be proud to actually represent the workers and not multi millionaire Corporate Thugs!
I would do it for a hell of a lot less, I am not even a steward and I represent my fellow Teamsters more then the people who get paid to do it.

Iam an old timer, and I would not undestand a NO vote. The old days of Teamster power are gone.
I now see us as a victim of this economy. I have to think how a YRC closure would affect my family, when the pay checks stop coming in, when we no longer can afford health insurance, education for my two kids and everything else that comes with a paycheck. Honestly I can not afford it all with SS and a Teamster pension. This is a hard decision that is left up to the individual.

My advice for what is worth? vote with your family in mind instead of false Teamster pride. It will never be the same again. I'm voting YES!
[/FONT][/FONT]

Iam an old timer, and I would not undestand a NO vote. The old days of Teamster power are gone.
I now see us as a victim of this economy. I have to think how a YRC closure would affect my family, when the pay checks stop coming in, when we no longer can afford health insurance, education for my two kids and everything else that comes with a paycheck. Honestly I can not afford it all with SS and a Teamster pension. This is a hard decision that is left up to the individual.

My advice for what is worth? vote with your family in mind instead of false Teamster pride. It will never be the same again. I'm voting YES!
[/FONT][/FONT]
Of course you are 3 post TM. Teamsters dont pay for Health Insurance out of pocket....you management type do though. Your kids can pay for their own education if they want to get out of your house and go to College! Their education is of no concern to me. Higher education is severely overrated in this "depressed economy" as your types like to call it. Tell them to go into the service industry. Thats what I'll be doing when YRC shuts this SOB down! :woot2:

Brother Barelli has 1 concern and that is himself. He could care less about the old timers or anyone else. Its amazing how Brother Barelli wants everyone to stick together now cause he never tried sticking together before. Oh I heard that he will stick with the terminal manager and get on his union brothers that got hurt on the job and are drawing work comp.

Of course you are 3 post TM. Teamsters dont pay for Health Insurance out of pocket....you management type do though. Your kids can pay for their own education if they want to get out of your house and go to College! Their education is of no concern to me. Higher education is severely overrated in this "depressed economy" as your types like to call it. Tell them to go into the service industry. Thats what I'll be doing when YRC shuts this SOB down! :woot2:

Brother shoeman, have you been sniffing diesel fumes? and why are you so angry. Vote YES you'll feel better and your family will love you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brother shoeman, have you been sniffing diesel fumes? and why are you so angry. Vote YES you'll feel better and your family will love you.
Yes, I sniff diesel fumes every night. Frustrated not angry! And....too late, my NO vote was mailed in the day I got it! Good luck.

H.ey Old timer, funny thing you want us to continue to work for reduced wages and no pension so your life style won't be cramped. Sorry pal but not at my expense