XPO | communication

because i was reading the boards and driver was talking about dispatcher calling them to do a pick up.
i was thinking it would be easier and safer to have satellite communication device

We have devices that run off of cellular networks when we are away from our terminals and Wi-Fi when we are on the dock.
We communicate via text and/or phone ( voice ) , depending on the situation.
Like the previous post said our brand name for it is Mobile SCO , or handhelds informally.

We have devices that run off of cellular networks when we are away from our terminals and Wi-Fi when we are on the dock.
We communicate via text and/or phone ( voice ) , depending on the situation.
Like the previous post said our brand name for it is Mobile SCO , or handhelds informally.

That's exactly how they work..

When the handhelds aren't working, I use my other wireless device.

I yell out the window or across the dock, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

How has your dispatch been handling the new rules regarding handheld phones in trucks? Our dispatchers have started checking to see if we're moving before calling, and if we are they send us a message to call them when we stop. If only our CSRs would do the same... It does unnerve me a little, kinda like Big Brother watching. But it seems all they're using it for is to make sure it's safe to call us.

How has your dispatch been handling the new rules regarding handheld phones in trucks? Our dispatchers have started checking to see if we're moving before calling, and if we are they send us a message to call them when we stop. If only our CSRs would do the same... It does unnerve me a little, kinda like Big Brother watching. But it seems all they're using it for is to make sure it's safe to call us.
UH, I wouldn't say that.....:27:

I heard they caught some driver wrapping his handheld in tin-foil....they kept loosing connection with his handheld and all of a sudden he would pop back on the screen. But you know how stories go..:coffee1:

if you say so.......:smilie93C_peelout:

:TR10driving03:
I heard they caught some driver wrapping his handheld in tin-foil....they kept loosing connection with his handheld and all of a sudden he would pop back on the screen. But you know how stories go..:coffee1:
dropping it in a pail of water works just as well

I dont know about you guys' terminals, but we have an accountability sheet now. Instead of just grabbing one from the rack, a CSR will assign you one at the beginning of the shift. One guy already got an I/R for one as he didnt check it and he claimed it had a broken antenna.

And everytime I walk by the office the FOS's are tracking someone..thats all they do. Or they sit there reading the news or on facebook.

You can answer the phone if they call. You r only pushing onebutton to answer, and its on speaker phone. That's all legal.

I dont know about you guys' terminals, but we have an accountability sheet now. Instead of just grabbing one from the rack, a CSR will assign you one at the beginning of the shift. One guy already got an I/R for one as he didnt check it and he claimed it had a broken antenna.

And everytime I walk by the office the FOS's are tracking someone..thats all they do. Or they sit there reading the news or on facebook.

We have a card that we turn in when we get a mobile SCO. We get the card back, when we turn it back in.

You can answer the phone if they call. You r only pushing onebutton to answer, and its on speaker phone. That's all legal.

I don't know what you drive , but the noise level in my tractor makes the speaker phone useless. Even in some of the tractors with more sound deadening material , the speaker phone is not practical because of the low volume.

I'm referring to our handhelds ( Mobile SCO)

I don't know what you drive , but the noise level in my tractor makes the speaker phone useless. Even in some of the tractors with more sound deadening material , the speaker phone is not practical because of the low volume.

I'm referring to our handhelds ( Mobile SCO)

I didn't say you could hear anything, but was only saying it is legal, according to the rules.