XPO | Company Survey, Did You Take It?

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
Another company survey, did you take it? So many Conversations at work about it really being confidential. You had to give your badge #, but no one would know it was you. Fine. I took it, gave my opinions , and really, couldn’t care if they knew it was me. I spoke the truth, I was polite, and if I was asked in person, I would have no problem giving the same truthful answers. I speak my mind at work. What good is it to be silent, when you speaking up, could improve a bad situation, or point out an unsafe work environment. I understand, things are not the same at every location. I also understand, that not everyone’s opinion, is respected equally, based on time of service. Enough rambling, what’s your take on the survey?

They didn’t post it until the last day at my facility. So I missed it. I can assume that local management didn’t want anyone knowing local secrets

We have the surveys just about every year, I haven't seen any changes after survey is done in the past, no one at my place felt it was worth their time to take it.

In my 15+ years here, I’ve never seen anything positive come out of the surveys. My FOS mentioned it in passing only and never asked me to take the time to take it. I think that it would not have been anonymous based on needing to input your badge number to take the survey. If it was a one page printed paper with no name or badge number required, I would have taken it. I hope the results of the survey are passed on to all employees and acted on.

In my 15+ years here, I’ve never seen anything positive come out of the surveys. My FOS mentioned it in passing only and never asked me to take the time to take it. I think that it would not have been anonymous based on needing to input your badge number to take the survey. If it was a one page printed paper with no name or badge number required, I would have taken it. I hope the results of the survey are passed on to all employees and acted on.
I don't ever remember the results of the survey being shared, has anyone been told results of the survey in the past?

I did it. I didn't care if they knew who I am. Everything I put on the survey I would tell then to there face. That one of the biggest problem I seen at my barn is they all talk tough in the parking lot, but sit them in a meeting and they are as quite as a church mouse.

Another company survey, did you take it? So many Conversations at work about it really being confidential. You had to give your badge #, but no one would know it was you. Fine. I took it, gave my opinions , and really, couldn’t care if they knew it was me. I spoke the truth, I was polite, and if I was asked in person, I would have no problem giving the same truthful answers. I speak my mind at work. What good is it to be silent, when you speaking up, could improve a bad situation, or point out an unsafe work environment. I understand, things are not the same at every location. I also understand, that not everyone’s opinion, is respected equally, based on time of service. Enough rambling, what’s your take on the survey?
I fully intended to give my honest opinion,until they lied to me and asked for my badge number after telling me no one would know it was me.I can't stand liars. Every question was answered strongly agree. Waste of both of our time.

I took it. Gave my two cents. They don't care. Doesn't matter. Answered as honestly as possible. Really thought it was more geared towards office workers than DSRs and dockhands. But whatever. TM spent the last week begging people to take it. Very low participation. The badge number part scared people off. Will it change anything ? Nope.

The badge number.

The way my terminal manager explained the need for the badge number was to prove you work at XPO , and to verify the location at which you work. Lastly , the badge number identifies your work group ( DSR , FOS , CSR , etc...)

He went on to explain that there was a certain amount of people that were required from each location and workgroup to participate that would cause the results to be examined.

In my opinion a person shouldn't take it if the issues and concerns they have can't be shared face to face. I'm no tough guy , but what does it say about the environment where you work if you can't or won't lay your cards on the table without going through a bunch of BS?

The badge number.

The way my terminal manager explained the need for the badge number was to prove you work at XPO , and to verify the location at which you work. Lastly , the badge number identifies your work group ( DSR , FOS , CSR , etc...)

He went on to explain that there was a certain amount of people that were required from each location and workgroup to participate that would cause the results to be examined.

In my opinion a person shouldn't take it if the issues and concerns they have can't be shared face to face. I'm no tough guy , but what does it say about the environment where you work if you can't or won't lay your cards on the table without going through a bunch of BS?
My TM said they also wanted the unique number to be associated with each survey so they know they are authentic and not being generated by an unscrupulous manager. Which he said has happened in the past. Lol.

I filled it out honestly, so if we all get a raise, go to a 4 day work-week and they start maintaining the equipment again... You're welcome.

My TM said they also wanted the unique number to be associated with each survey so they know they are authentic and not being generated by an unscrupulous manager. Which he said has happened in the past. Lol.

I filled it out honestly, so if we all get a raise, go to a 4 day work-week and they start maintaining the equipment again... You're welcome.

Which is a huge problem company wide. There is so much pressure on numbers that a great deal of lying is being done to present the numbers demanded. And then the reality shows up and needs to be addressed and we have nothing but problems. XPO creates the problems with their structure.