SEFL | Compensation

I’m very curious as to our profit this year. Between moving more freight than ever before for months and gov paid furloughs, no sdi to pay for, no iq meetings to pay for, no driver appreciation week to pay for, no thanksgiving or Christmas food to buy I’d say they can afford it lol

Cheaper to give out a one time bonus then to get a bigger raise or better benefits
If being cheap is the goal, then not giving a bonus would be the easiest and cheapest thing to do. Come on guys! Gimme a break. We were given a good raise announced in May for a June start at a time when NO LTL carriers were giving any raises. NO ONE. We received a raise before management knew the freight surges were coming which is when other LTL carriers finally gave theirs.Managemnt could have easily hidden behind we “need to wait and see” like everyone else but they stepped out an announced a good raise. Then, after the freight increased so much, they gave us a nice bonus to thank us. There are a handful of you who just want to say the same negative things over and over and frankly, you lose credibility with drivers like me.

It pains me to know that they took the tax break to increase their spending by a whopping 39% from last year and give us a .02 raise (in Linehaul) which barely comes in at a 3.5% increase. Now as a disclosure, I am thankful for the increase and the 2 additional personal days, so don't get me wrong, thank you. However, with an outstanding operating ratio of a .89 along with a massive tax cut, come into the company update meeting and with a straight face and say proudly you're getting a .02 raise and two more personal days, that's just embarrassing. I can only speak for our meeting, but they didn't refer one bit about the massive tax cuts they received. I just sincerely hope that maybe they have an additional raise coming in November or December that they are not saying anything about. Fingers crossed!

OD CEO said about Tax cuts we will give back to employees....

As Old Dominion CEO David Congdon, who will be stepping down as part of planned executive succession next month, recently wrote in an email to employees: “The president has signed a historic tax reform bill that should reduce our taxes and also generate growth for the U.S. economy. We expect that the anticipated improvement in the economy will create additional opportunities for use to win market share and grow our company more than originally anticipated.”