Con-way Acquires Contract Freighters, Inc. to Accelerate Growth ...

Maybe Conway will change thier name to hmmmmmmmmm CFI???Gotta admit the red trucks would look better than that cheesy new scheme they got going on.:hysterical:

Maybe Conway will change thier name to hmmmmmmmmm CFI???Gotta admit the red trucks would look better than that cheesy new scheme they got going on.:hysterical:

tramp1155 :1036316054:

That is one thing I have not read yet on these press releases.
I think the CFI brand name is worth keeping for awhile.
Actually this acquisition of CFI by Con-Way is yet another way of dressing up this transportation and logistics company so to make it more appealing for DHL to finally make the plunge and buy Con-Way.

:smilie_132:

I can see DHl buying ConWay and with CFI they make a great buy.I am surprised ConWay went with a truckload carrier instead of buying another LTL. But CFI is big on cross-border trucking and that in itself is a big plus to any carrier.
I am no expert on trucking but I do believe DHL is in a "poop or get off the pot" situation here in the USA.If they want a market-share they are gonna have to do something soon.Because all of these major acuquistions are driving up prices on every-body's net worth..

I can see DHl buying ConWay and with CFI they make a great buy.I am surprised ConWay went with a truckload carrier instead of buying another LTL. But CFI is big on cross-border trucking and that in itself is a big plus to any carrier.
I am no expert on trucking but I do believe DHL is in a "poop or get off the pot" situation here in the USA.If they want a market-share they are gonna have to do something soon.Because all of these major acuquistions are driving up prices on every-body's net worth..

tramp1155 :1036316054:

Using Wall Street lingo the purchase of CFI by Con-Way was nothing more than
"putting lipstick on a pig" to make Con-Way
more appealing for DHL to buy.

Guys you have to understand that The parent Co. of DHL has its hands in several different trucking companies in the U.S. and Canada already. They are fully LTL capable across the entire country already I don't know why they would want to take on the add expense of purchasing another trucking Co.

Guys you have to understand that The parent Co. of DHL has its hands in several different trucking companies in the U.S. and Canada already. They are fully LTL capable across the entire country already I don't know why they would want to take on the add expense of purchasing another trucking Co.

Traveler :1036316054:

Pretty hard for DHL to get customers to put freight on these long haul trucking companies if nobody even knows them.
What they need is a one stop shopping suite of choices like FedEx and UPS has.
What are the names of these carriers that DHL uses.
Or are you talking about their logistics arm using purchased transportation.

I'm surprised, that nobody has mentioned, the fact that con-way sold their original truckload division(CWT) to Covenant. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. It seems they always go back to the original money-maker. The LTL company. How long do you think this new venture is going to last?

I'm surprised, that nobody has mentioned, the fact that con-way sold their original truckload division(CWT) to Covenant. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. It seems they always go back to the original money-maker. The LTL company. How long do you think this new venture is going to last?

I think this one will stick. Press on

who knows but as long as i earn a paycheck im not to worried about it or what were called or who owns us ive been hearing the dhl thing for years

beerfd :1036316054:

Con-Way figured out that they needed to buy some real professional help to show them how to run a truckload operation, since they are keeping all the CFI management intact and are moving the Con-Way Truckload division under the CFI wings.
Actually Con-Way management has not even learned yet that it is not wise to run under powered Sterling trucks either.
Maybe now CFI can get Con-Way some big discounts on some Kenworth trucks for the LTL side to use.

Con-Way figured out that they needed to buy some real professional help to show them how to run a truckload operation, since they are keeping all the CFI management intact and are moving the Con-Way Truckload division under the CFI wings.
Actually Con-Way management has not even learned yet that it is not wise to run under powered Sterling trucks either.
Maybe now CFI can get Con-Way some big discounts on some Kenworth trucks for the LTL side to use.

Or maybe Con-way can get CFI some discounts by using the power Sterlings.

Or maybe Con-way can get CFI some discounts by using the power Sterlings.

Are you trying to say that Con-Way management is to cheap to even buy power steering for those Sterlings????
I suppose next you are going to tell me they are too cheap to buy A/C for those Sterling trucks????

:biglaugh:

Are you trying to say that Con-Way management is to cheap to even buy power steering for those Sterlings????
I suppose next you are going to tell me they are too cheap to buy A/C for those Sterling trucks????

:biglaugh:
Well...too cheap to keep them working.:nutkick:

Having worked at CFI I can tell ya this ConWay would be crazy not to have you guys roll thru a CFI safety lane like the one in Joplin Missouri takes about 5 to 10 minutes they inspect grease and alert shop of any issues that may come up Like oil leaks etc. etc, I believe thier maintence programs to be one of the best I have seen.
Then there's the War room.Very state of the art dispatching facility and just pretty cool to check out..

I feel the reason Con-Way bought CFI is becouse they have their own truckload divison to haul the 3 day freight but no one want to work for them becouse their to cheap to pay anything. CW always wants something for nothing

Kenworths for me to drive?

I can only dream about ConWay getting smart about their crappy stripped down sterlings and buying a real truck for once, ummm lets see kinda like viking did.