XPO | Con-way agrees to pay $300k to settle SEC lawsuit

why no ICP?

I wonder why this wasn't discussed in our mornoing meetings? Thats ok, just take the money fronm ICP, drivers wont miss it!

Should be taken from the pocket of the person(s) that allowed this to happen. No, Conway isn't the only one to do it but shouldn't make the drivers pay out of their pocket for this.

We have reserves for this type stuff...ICP can only be enhanced by reserves, not depleted...ICP is directly pulled from monthly earnings from every service center...We also keep reserves for accidents, injuries, etc...

Got some poop on this recently...we were in a situation like others over there, with basically everyone doing the same thing...grease the agent's palm, or your freight may sit for a month before being delivered..sad, but true...anyway, the pressure was getting intense, and we decided to bail and, in a nutshell, turn ourselves in with the hope of getting off easier..since the others have not been publicized yet, we really don't know if "easier" is...I won't say where I got the info, that would be unfair to him, but I have known him a long time and I trust him...He is much better connected than I...
So I suppose you could talk about corruption all day, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't amount to much more than paying a premium in a third world country...I'd like to say that stuns me, but I would be lying..