XPO | Con-way Announces Management Changes

"Con-way Freight has built a 27-year reputation as a premium carrier in all respects," Stotlar said. "The management changes announced today are intended to ensure that we retain this position, and that we deliver to our shareholders, customers and employees the trust, consistent market-leading performance and sustainable value that have been the foundation of our success for nearly three decades."
They have alot of work to do if they want to regain our trust.

78359a6b.jpg

"Con-way Freight has built a 27-year reputation as a premium carrier in all respects," Stotlar said. "The management changes announced today are intended to ensure that we retain this position, and that we deliver to our shareholders, customers and employees the trust, consistent market-leading performance and sustainable value that have been the foundation of our success for nearly three decades."
They have alot of work to do if they want to regain our trust.

Dougie is a bigger moron than John L....who do you think OK'd all the crap of months gone by?...

John L....sacrificial lamb...and deservedly so.

Pass the buck Dougie rides yet again!

Rat

Wow, he musta really pee'd them off. Usually they say stuff like, "John had decided to pursue other interests and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors"....... that kinds crap. This one says, "John jacked the whole thing up and it's all his fault so we're runnin' his arse off".

It's getting ugly out there......

Maybeeeee,Things will get better,Ya think ?

Nope...if anything they will get worse.

Dougie's job is on the line.

The BOD isn't happy...they aren't making any money. And people at those levels of investment demand but one thing...profit.

Dougie and company haven't been able to produce.

So they fired LaBrie...and now Doofus is at the helm.

And as the 'release' said this will be for the next six to twelve months. Probably the time frame the BODs gave him to turn things around.

He was always John's boss...Dougie always had the final say. And as I have indicated in earlier posts...there was a power struggle in the palace...John lost.

If Dougie could not accomplish what the board wanted with LaBrie what makes them think he can do so without him?

The simple answer is he can't. He neither the talent nor the intelligence to achieve this goal. He is one of those CEOs whose claim to fame is the reliance on his staff to make him look good.

Ain't happening.

Keep in mind you still have Moss as VP of HR. A totally unqualified dinosaur...and until his demise is a matter of record your livelihood will always be in question.

Dougie won't last a year.

Until such a time as he is replaced by someone with real leadership abilities and a person with a workable vision for the company...everything is up for grabs.

Claims are at an all time high...Dougies fix?....'enhancements.'

Bank on it.

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
you can build an upper deck on your soapbox and puff out your chest all you want regarding management changes and what you think you know and what you think you predicted. And the weather man can predict it will be hot in August and cold in December.

simple business math 101... we haul customer's freight to make a profit. So that means the customer must want to use us and how we operate must be cost efficient. A publicly traded trucking company. It's not just the Board of Directors. Do some research and look to find the top ten "stock holders" of our company. These are the groups... not really individuals, that must be satisfied by our performance.

pop quiz people... what was the primary topic at last Monday's morning meeting? ah, I'll help you here... changes in True LTL pricing, excessive length, and lineal foot rules. And these changes will do what??? Increase profits and reduce volume. And not having these pricing policies in place for the last six months or so caused a profit loss of how much?

So, as someone used to say on here... connect the dots... changes in policy and changes in management...

As a "consumer" I look for pricing, advantages, how easy to get my products, and service. If I walk into a store that promises all of this and find chaos, meaning everything is all over the place, the sales people are unhappy I will look a little bit but usually will turn around and walk out of the door. I'll pay a little bit more to get what I was promised.

Case in point: Kmart was going down the tubes a few years ago but had a good sale going on. I went in and the place was messy, the sales staff had a look of "I'm just here" and it was hard to find the sales items, sales posters looked as if they had been used for years and were faded. Think I bought anything? Nope. I left out. I had too many doubts about the freshness, quality and if I needed to return something, how was I going to be treated?

Now apply that to LTL. People start with the pricing, how soon their freight will get to destination, how soon can it be picked up, how helpful will the driver be, etc. A business goes with the pricing and the 'sales' promises. But when a driver shows up with a "I don't care attitude" that will get the business wondering. This driver and the other drivers will be handling the freight and it will depend on them to get the freight to destination on time, undamaged and the price still pretty much the same.

Disgruntled drivers don't care and the freight ends up damaged, late, lost, etc and the business will be out. Their customer will be pretty much upset then you start the claim process. Paperwork, proof, headaches.

That business won't use that company and will be glad to pay a little bit extra to get their product safely and on time to the customer. In the long run it will help their company profit wise.

My point: no matter what you promise, the foundation (drivers, dockworkers) are the ones that handle the freight, are seen by the customers, are an advertisment for the company and ultimately responsible for the customers using the company again. The company needs to provide the drivers with the right equipment, incentives and basically keep them happy in order to keep the business going. Pricing, length and lineal foot rules are a big part too but just a PART of what keeps a business going.
When you build a house (business) start with a great foundation, then a great house on top of that. One won't work without the other.

Regardless of the bs we have to put up with, we need to take care of the customers freight. Con-way may write the check but the customer pays it. It is really simple tear up the freight the customer goes away then the job goes with it. With some trailers I have seen lately there is also a problem with fos not checking the loads and it's not all temps doing it. Load it write protect our job the bs will take care of it's self.