XPO | Con-way Cares pension and health care

I see it as you have to pay for what others get for free.
Well I guess that drew the line in the sand. The same is done in union contracts too some get thing other don't. The same can be said about the PTO for new hires starting after jan 1 2017

Well I guess that drew the line in the sand. The same is done in union contracts too some get thing other don't. The same can be said about the PTO for new hires starting after jan 1 2017
Not about unions, about how we as company treat employees differently. Shouldn't be that way, but the company knows they can't rock the boat with the old guys too much.

Not about unions, about how we as company treat employees differently. Shouldn't be that way, but the company knows they can't rock the boat with the old guys too much.
Sorry to say in today world that how big companies change benefits and any perks. Not trying to call out the union but I have worked under contracts that had different tier level in the contract. Meaning depending on you hire date defined what extra perks you got. Just stating that the not only do companies do it but it is also put in union contracts too.

Sorry to say in today world that how big companies change benefits and any perks. Not trying to call out the union but I have worked under contracts that had different tier level in the contract. Meaning depending on you hire date defined what extra perks you got. Just stating that the not only do companies do it but it is also put in union contracts too.
Could you show some of those perks that were based on your hire date in a union contract?

12 yrs and were in the same position because lack of willingness to push for change . Complacency will get you more of same.
Now we’re faced with a possible economic turn down and you still have no say as to what’s to be taken

All these guys working at UPS now. They just keep talking about how much they love it.

Many sat back then hoping it would get better and never thought it would come to what it is now. Some complained, most stayed silent ,afraid to make waves but all of knew it should be better .
The drivers didn’t fail this company. I’m proud to work with the guys at my barn and others of I have met over the years and they deserve better .
I’m suspicious of the motives of any who argues that. I make no apologies for that statement. I believe that my co-work and myself are 100% worth it.

CCX died many moons ago. If you want what you are worth. It'll cost you an application. Otherwise, it's YOUR time that YOU are spending.

Could you show some of those perks that were based on your hire date in a union contract?

My wife just works here at the local grocery store ( Meijer ). It's union, UFCW. They have tiered wages. And she is grandfathered into better health care and more vacation than the new hires will ever have.

My first job was at a supermarket. Started in 1977 went full time in 1978 the union contract I was hired under never changed for me until 1989 the only I change I went from double time and a half for Sunday pay to double time for sundays. Everything else stayed the same for me. Can't say much about the other contracts for newer employees except they got less. I left there making more per hour in 2001 than I make now at xpo. I been here 17 years now. Also never paid anything for health insurance for entire family. Just shows what third party representation can get you.free dental vision lawyers real good coverage. Hope this helps

My wife just works here at the local grocery store ( Meijer ). It's union, UFCW. They have tiered wages. And she is grandfathered into better health care and more vacation than the new hires will ever have.
Yeah, we have a two tier system at Xpo now Legacy and new hires.

Is that store still around over here in chicago we lost a good union food store chain called dominicks we still have union store called jewel in the old days my grandma was the union steward at a food srore called paulies and grandpa was a union printing pressman
My first job was at a supermarket. Started in 1977 went full time in 1978 the union contract I was hired under never changed for me until 1989 the only I change I went from double time and a half for Sunday pay to double time for sundays. Everything else stayed the same for me. Can't say much about the other contracts for newer employees except they got less. I left there making more per hour in 2001 than I make now at xpo. I been here 17 years now. Also never paid anything for health insurance for entire family. Just shows what third party representation can get you.free dental vision lawyers real good coverage. Hope this helps

Why do they say they like more ?

Less stress. No stupid dispatching. No paper work. No problems. They have their own scanner. Before they are even called into work it tells them what they will be doing that day. They go do it. And that's it. No nonsense. No fussing.

Eventually, they will have better pay. And the health care is obviously much better. If they last, they will have a retirement, too.

Even you say that the people after you got less. Even with a third party to represent them.