XPO | Con-way Cares pension and health care

That's correct Upnorth. In order for Doctors to be (in network) they have to basically be in a binding contract with Cigna to provide services at a negotiateable price and other criteria. The one big benefit for the consumer is that The Doctor cannot bill you
for more than what your predetermined out of pocket expenses are. Depending on the plan's percentage that it pays . I had a Provider try to bill me for more than what Cigna said my out of pocket expenses where and I called them out on the Bill. I sent a copy of the E O B provided by Cigna showing my cost and got a corrected bill from the Provider. They tried to hook me for approximately 800.00.
Been there a few times

Please educate me... if I understand, in the states, your healthcare insurance is provided by Cigna. And there are different levels you can choose, depending on coverage and deductible, correct? That’s what the open Enrollment posters refer to I see at the fac I’m assuming? And if your doctor or hospital chooses not to deal with Cigna for whatever reason, you either have to find another doctor, or pay out of pocket to keep seeing yours, correct?
You are at the mercy of the doctors and hospitals that Cigna provides. If they choose to cut your primary, you are outta luck.