Con-way crash Knoxville, TN

1tdriver

knoxvilletn12408xw9.jpg

Link to news article: Icy roads send drivers to the curb, keep insurance agents, tow trucks busy : Business : Knoxville News Sentinel

Haven't heard a thing about the driver. Sure hope he is alright. The job is replaceable your life isn't.

The Driver recieved minor injuries and was released from the hospital. I hear safety ruled non preventable due to icy conditions

where's the haz-mat crew? Sure does look like a radioactive card on rear pup.or maybe it fliped during the logging expedition.

How can that be non perventable when the driver shouldnt have been driving on that ice if he couldnt keep it on the road. It just slide off as he was sitting at a stop sign?

You would have to ask his Safety Rep that. I do know he was real close to arriving at his Terminal. I aslo know that the Ice hit very suddenly. It had been extremley cold in Knoxville the last couple of days and when the rain hit the road it immediately froze. It started as rain then went to Ice

where's the haz-mat crew? Sure does look like a radioactive card on rear pup.or maybe it fliped during the logging expedition.

I would venture to guess that the determination was made that no leakage occurred thus no safety risk was posed...could be wrong, maybe they were already there and left.

Sometimes the only way we truckers can avoid accidents in bad weather,is to stay home,and let someone else take our place.

which is why I'm taking a vacation day to day,spending my time on this truckingboard.
We are having very high winds with a lake effect snow common to this area.

the last day we had like this my route trailer was lifted up and pushed to the right shoulder of the road.
Which also caused my day cab to be twisted into the left side of my trailer.

45 years as a city driver,and I was just along for the ride.
nothing humanly possible to avoid the crash other than staying home.

when I heard the weather report on the radio yesterday,I told my TM give me a vacation day tomorrow.
he just smiled as I said once burned,twice shy.

Sometimes the only way we truckers can avoid accidents in bad weather,is to stay home,and let someone else take our place.

which is why I'm taking a vacation day to day,spending my time on this truckingboard.

the last day we had like this my route trailer was lifted up and pushed to the right shoulder of the road.

when I heard the weather report on the radio yesterday,I told my TM give me a vacation day tomorrow.
Major snow storm in Michigan also. First time in 13+ years that the Gaylord city drivers didn't go out to deliver. I was shocked to get the phone call instructing me to stay home. DARN! Gaylord Terminal closed for first time.:1036316054:

I hear ya bro. I was on glare ice before, watching my trailer get blown off the 2 lane by a crosswind as another rig was coming at me with his trailer being blown into my lane. Talk about puckerin':shock:

TODAY???????
The Rain started tues. afternoon. Switched to a blizzard with 40 mph winds by ten o'clock or so. Mackinac Bridge closed and most highways were shut down for several hours. State police asked people to stay off roads unless absolutely needed. Major drifting of snow. Still pretty nasty as of 8:30 pm on wed. Closed our terminal for first time in 13+ years that I have been here.

The Rain started tues. afternoon. Switched to a blizzard with 40 mph winds by ten o'clock or so. Mackinac Bridge closed and most highways were shut down for several hours. State police asked people to stay off roads unless absolutely needed. Major drifting of snow. Still pretty nasty as of 8:30 pm on wed. Closed our terminal for first time in 13+ years that I have been here.

Damn, fire up the sled and have some fun man!!:1036316054:

66 mile per hour wind gust here in upstate NY.
Mix the wind with snow,and thats just not my idea of fun.
Let the young ones have this adventure.
I stayed home warm and toasty in my house.
Not out slipping,and sliding on my daily city driving route.
Althought I bet the youngster that took my route today had a few choice words for me not showing up.

Hey I've paid my dues over my long career.
So all I can say to him when he climbs all over me the next time I see him,will be.
HA,HA,HA, I hope you had fun!