XPO | Con way now paying for recommendation for new hires?

peckerwood

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard that con way is paying current employees for recommendations for potential new hires? Is this true? Word must be out that things are so bad that no one is applying. I find it humorous that a company that treats a hard working man like he is a well oiled robot and fires him at first sign of weakness is begging like a dog for help. Aint that kind of like JB Hunt, Swift, Schneider. etc.

Don't know why any dsr would refer anyone to conway unless they absolutely hated that individual. Hey conway, just treat them like humans, let them do their job, and compensate them well and the help will come knocking. Pretty simple

I heard that con way is paying current employees for recommendations for potential new hires? Is this true? Word must be out that things are so bad that no one is applying. I find it humorous that a company that treats a hard working man like he is a well oiled robot and fires him at first sign of weakness is begging like a dog for help. Aint that kind of like JB Hunt, Swift, Schneider. etc.

Doubt it. They would rather spend $1000 to save $.05. Why would they give us anything ?

This doesn't fit the concepts they currently have in place. Reduce head count. Out source everything.

Would you apply here again if you knew what you know now?

Actually it's not the first time they have done this. Ten years ago the guy that talked me into filling out an app. got $500 for recommending me.

Actually it's not the first time they have done this. Ten years ago the guy that talked me into filling out an app. got $500 for recommending me.

I also remember this kind of thing in the past. Qualified drivers are getting harder and harder to find and as the economy continues to improve, the market for drivers will tighten even further. I think that is why the company has shifted towards hiring dock workers to work the dock. I remember when everybody that worked for CWX was a driver or going through the school to become one. I am hopeful that the harder it gets to find drivers, the higher our wages will go.

Quality drivers aren't hard to find around me.....just go look at personnel office at OD.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Confirmed by the TM at my barn last night. It's on a terminal to terminal basis whether or not they are paying it and how much they are paying. At my barn it's $1000 ($500 when the person is hired, and another $500 if they stick around for six months).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hey dsr, " I'll give you 500 bucks if you lie to any drivers out there and tell them you love your job". Conway starting to sound like a drug dealer.

Confirmed by the TM at my barn last night. It's on a terminal to terminal basis whether or not they are paying it and how much they are paying. At my barn it's $1000 ($500 when the person is hired, and another $500 if they stick around for six months).

500 wouldn't be so bad...LOL

500 wouldn't be so bad...LOL

TM says the HR cow only has 2 apps for drivers right now and they need more than that. They went through 7 dockworker apps in the last week and out of all of them, ONE was hire-able.

Yup, this company's reputation is definitely getting around fast...

Kinda funny they wanna throw out some cash instead of fix this mess. Used to be a line to get in here.

What changed ?

Would you apply here again if you knew what you know now?

What really is sad is I owe Con-way for everything I now have, which is quite a bit. My problem is the way things look going forward (besides everything they have already taken away).
I would really rather come into work everyday and give 100% to a company that has my back instead of going through the motions for a company that doesn't give a crap about me or my families future...

What really is sad is I owe Con-way for everything I now have, which is quite a bit. My problem is the way things look going forward (besides everything they have already taken away).
I would really rather come into work everyday and give 100% to a company that has my back instead of going through the motions for a company that doesn't give a crap about me or my families future...

You don't OWE Con-Way anything! You WORKED for all that you have!