XPO | Con-way picnics and Xmas parties are done...

There's a sign up at our place asking the VTF for suggestions on the company picnic. I think they should just cancel everything for now.

I remember the early parties several years ago. Everyone (including spouses) and we'd pull a number. The number was called and you picked a gift. Then we could 'steal' each other's gift. It could take hours for everyone to finally get out the door because some of the gifts were popular and kept making the rounds.

No talk of business.

Waste of time anyway. Who wants to sit around and listen to bosses talk bout how good/bad we are doing.

You guys did that at your events..??? That's horrible....the last thing we ever do at those events is talk about work...we got all year for that crap...

We talked about everthing but work...did a lot of catching up on what was happening in each others lives and the changes or lack of from the year before.

If anyone mentioned work they got the "shut up, stupid!!!" stare.

Rat :loser:

We talked about everthing but work...did a lot of catching up on what was happening in each others lives and the changes or lack of from the year before.

If anyone mentioned work they got the "shut up, stupid!!!" stare.

At ours, you could always tell who was talking work...they were usually in the corner by themselves...

You guys did that at your events..??? That's horrible....the last thing we ever do at those events is talk about work...we got all year for that crap...

Yea they got up and gave a speech kind of similar to the state of the union address ... at the Holiday Party

well good, i think it is a waste of money, i have yet to go to one in my 24 years, put that money to better use......

Ok...lets not get our panties in a wad!!!...

This company made $58 million last year give or take. I'll say in again...$58 million!!!! Yes...it is significantly less than the years prior, but it is still profit.

Was it what they wanted to make???...NO!

Was it what the stockholders wanted???...NO!

Did it meet projections???...NO!

But it was still $58 million. Down just just under $100 million from the year before. Well here is an eye opener for you!!!...I am guessing there are many companies out there that would give anything to have made a profit! Many would love to say..."Yeah, we made a third of what we made last year..but we are still in business!!!...and forging ahead, looking for better times." Unfortunately, many companies and their employees won't have that luxury.

Unemployment is at an all time high...business closings are at an all time high (at least since the Great Depression) and some are wondering where the hell the next meal is coming from!

Fortunately (and blessfully) Con-Way is not in that position.

This 'knee-jerk' mentality the company has sucked us into is really becoming annoying. They are constantly crying "the sky is falling" and yet on the other hand justify assinine expenditures at the expense of their employees.

There is such a thing as success. And it doesn't necessarily mean it is measured in dollars and cents. There is the attitiude of success...the ongoing and continuing thought process of "damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead."

Eliminating the picnics and dinners is ridiculous. These are once a year events. If Con-Way can't see clear to at least take the time to appreciate their people once a year then close the doors and be done with it! Same thing goes with the coffee...same thing goes with 'King of the Hill" and same thing goes with cookouts.

These people are screaming about morale. They have been hacking the hell out of benefits for years. But yet we are supposed to one happy family...BS!!!

In a recent video Labrie made a statement to the effect of some companies were more concerned about cutting costs rather than assuring service. I don't see as we are doing much different. Yes, we are still providing our service...but guaranteed it comes at a high cost. That cost is morale.

OK...you wanna be successful,,,then act like it...otherwise keep your mouth shut and follow in the footsteps of your competitors and then let me know how that works out!