XPO | Con-way teams up with US Army Reserve

A Public Service Announcement brought to you by:
Con-way ESGR

ESGR

This is probably one of the best things I've seen come out of Con-way in a while.:USA::1036316054::1036316054::USA:

Makes me want to kiss Dave M. on the lips.

Anyone that has been in our armed forces whether they've seen war/conflict or not needs/deserves the best from our companies, citizens and government!!

I was talking Dave last week about this and other things and he and Con-way are a 100% behind us in uniform.

The support my family and I are going to receive is going to really help when I leave in 6 weeks. These programs that are in place will help me worry less about home and let me focus on my job over there. hunting bad guys.

This is utterly disgusting...the only reason conway did this was for exposure..nothing more, nothing less...

and some of you fell for it...come one people wake up.
I could care less what the reason is for what they have done for the men and women who our in the service. They are spending money on us that they don't have too. If they are getting tax break, great. If Con-way is talked about at the highest levels of government, Great.

I can say that I have fallen for it and maybe I will wake up after a 7.62x39 goes by my head or the front end of my armored up hummer gets blown off by an I.E.D. Until then I believe in what Con-way is doing for us and My family thanks them and I thank them.

Jim ( gov ) T.

D co 1/178 Inf, Illinois National Guard

Truckingboards Salutes the Illinois National Guard
Jim (Gov) T.

Thank you for your bravery in defending our freedom.​

saluteflagaltig9.jpg

Great Thing

I Agree With Most Of You.
This Is A Great Thing For Con-way To Do.
Those That Do Serve In The Military
Need A Break To. Theres Many Out There That Come Back To Notting.
Yea Maybe It Puts Con-way In The Spot Light But Who Cares Everyone There Once In Awhile.

:1036316054:

I could care less what the reason is for what they have done for the men and women who our in the service. They are spending money on us that they don't have too. If they are getting tax break, great. If Con-way is talked about at the highest levels of government, Great.

I can say that I have fallen for it and maybe I will wake up after a 7.62x39 goes by my head or the front end of my armored up hummer gets blown off by an I.E.D. Until then I believe in what Con-way is doing for us and My family thanks them and I thank them.

Jim ( gov ) T.

Well, I think you miss interpreted my post guardsman...I myself am an active duty veteran of 11 years, and will still state what this company has done in this regard is disgusting...and i am sorry that you feel they are doing you a favor...they are not, they would have hired you with or without any military experience, and i assure you it would more then likely not have any difference whether you get the job (you being figuratively) or the no vet gets the job...the federal government even eye washed that over for Congress when I got out in 1992, and 90% of the re-entry into civilian life programs they have adopted and used are failures...

No, it takes more to honor us veterans in my eyes, if they didnt happen to mention the signing ceremony happened at the company's brand new HQ facility, that may have made a slight difference...

Shinanigans (<---i wish i knew english)such as these are very insulting to veterans of all branches, regardless of component, and trust me when i tell you, if you do experience any hostile fire go by your head or in your vicinity, or worse yet, if you do have to take lives...you will understand what I am saying...until then, keep your head low and be safe.

Well, I think you miss interpreted my post guardsman...I myself am an active duty veteran of 11 years, and will still state what this company has done in this regard is disgusting...and i am sorry that you feel they are doing you a favor...they are not, they would have hired you with or without any military experience, and i assure you it would more then likely not have any difference whether you get the job (you being figuratively) or the no vet gets the job...the federal government even eye washed that over for Congress when I got out in 1992, and 90% of the re-entry into civilian life programs they have adopted and used are failures...

No, it takes more to honor us veterans in my eyes, if they didnt happen to mention the signing ceremony happened at the company's brand new HQ facility, that may have made a slight difference...

Shinanigans (<---i wish i knew english)such as these are very insulting to veterans of all branches, regardless of component, and trust me when i tell you, if you do experience any hostile fire go by your head or in your vicinity, or worse yet, if you do have to take lives...you will understand what I am saying...until then, keep your head low and be safe.
You and I got out of active the same year so we came from the same old school army and most likely where under fire in the same parts of the world. I do agree the transitioning programs that were in place were not very good back then.

Now lets look at what this place is doing for us.

Differential pay that is base off my base military pay.

Medical benefit for my family while I'm on active duty.

Medical help for when I get back for any problems that I may have, P.S.T and so on.

So how can I complain if use this in the news or what ever. They our doing more then most. As for hiring vets, They always have hired them.

You and I got out of active the same year so we came from the same old school army and most likely where under fire in the same parts of the world. I do agree the transitioning programs that were in place were not very good back then.

Now lets look at what this place is doing for us.

Differential pay that is base off my base military pay.

Medical benefit for my family while I'm on active duty.

Medical help for when I get back for any problems that I may have, P.S.T and so on.

So how can I complain if use this in the news or what ever. They our doing more then most. As for hiring vets, They always have hired them.

Well if it works for you then that is great. I really mean that. But to save debate, you are fellow veteran and have my utmost respect...

Now...ever go to central america? Oh and I was USAF not Army...and from previous travels to central america and on through 1991, the AF considered a few things which they previous had and abandoned, and I was aproached right before the on-start of Desert Shield, and decided I had had my fill with their intentions (which they decided against afterall) but none the less...the candle burned out and back to a civilian i decided...and from day one in 1981 i told myself that it was enlistment by enlistment, and once the candle was done...i was done, completely, no reserves nothing. I ended up having to committ to inactive reserves for twice the years remaining on my enlistment (a small price for early out) so I did, which they eventually cancelled and i received yet another honorable discharge...all done with that. No regrets, no remorse, I did what i was ordered to do and live with the decisions without any remorse...a vet is a vet! And we rule! I shall step off my :soapbox: now and relinquish it...

WWI: My grandfatherserved at a remount station. My great uncle injuried by bayonet in the arm by German soldier. My great uncle came home and the other...didn't.

WWII: 1 uncle, guarded prisoners here in the US.

Korea: 1 uncle, served his tour.

Vietnam: 1 uncle, 2 full tours, non-com Sgt. - Army. 2 uncles, stationed overseas and here in US, Army, but didn't see combat as their older brother did.

1 cousin, missed Vietnam but served Marines 5 years.

Cousin's son has been trained in languages by the Marines, I believe, no information is being given out what he is to do.

I stay in contact with a 20 year vet that keeps me up to date on what the government is doing for it's Vets.

Each memorial day I sit down, go through hundreds of profiles on AOL, any that says &quot;vet&quot; or &quot;veteran&quot; I send a personal note thanking each for his/her service and for my freedom. Sometimes I get replies, a lot of times I don't but that's not what I write to them for.

As I've stated many times here and elsewhere: our soldiers deserve respect, honor because they signed that Freedom Check, to keep our homes and lives safe. That 'check' is made out with the knowledge that the Soldier is to keep us safe up to and including with his life.

The empty home next to ours is where a War Hero lived, a young man on his second tour, Iraq. Died a hero, age 25.

I get so mad when I hear of vets of any war treated by people and the government as if they were disposible and don't need a retirement, good pay or receive the best medical care, for them and their families.

Ok, off the soapbox I go. One of my 'touchy' spots. Sorry everyone. :soapbox:

:USA: :USA: :USA:

WWI: My grandfatherserved at a remount station. My great uncle injuried by bayonet in the arm by German soldier. My great uncle came home and the other...didn't.

WWII: 1 uncle, guarded prisoners here in the US.

Korea: 1 uncle, served his tour.

Vietnam: 1 uncle, 2 full tours, non-com Sgt. - Army. 2 uncles, stationed overseas and here in US, Army, but didn't see combat as their older brother did.

1 cousin, missed Vietnam but served Marines 5 years.

Cousin's son has been trained in languages by the Marines, I believe, no information is being given out what he is to do.

I stay in contact with a 20 year vet that keeps me up to date on what the government is doing for it's Vets.

Each memorial day I sit down, go through hundreds of profiles on AOL, any that says &quot;vet&quot; or &quot;veteran&quot; I send a personal note thanking each for his/her service and for my freedom. Sometimes I get replies, a lot of times I don't but that's not what I write to them for.

As I've stated many times here and elsewhere: our soldiers deserve respect, honor because they signed that Freedom Check, to keep our homes and lives safe. That 'check' is made out with the knowledge that the Soldier is to keep us safe up to and including with his life.

The empty home next to ours is where a War Hero lived, a young man on his second tour, Iraq. Died a hero, age 25.

I get so mad when I hear of vets of any war treated by people and the government as if they were disposible and don't need a retirement, good pay or receive the best medical care, for them and their families.

Ok, off the soapbox I go. One of my 'touchy' spots. Sorry everyone. :soapbox:

:USA: :USA: :USA:

The stinking Veterans Administration is our worse enemy...ever see Born on the Fourth of July? And how the vets were treated during Vietnam? I do not think much has changed since then.

As for military family history, from our 5th generation here in America participating in the Revolutionary War all the way up through Desert Shield/Storm, we have participated as veterans in each and every conflict. I cannot say for current day Iraq/Afgahnistan, as I have not stayed in too much contact with my family since moving away at 18. But everything my family can speak of and for. We came here before 1678 (our earliest tax records in Trenton, Jersey in 1678), no one knows for sure exactly when before that date, but we were here in that year onwards. Oh wait, my aunt served a tour in Kuwait and the Iraq in the Army National Guard, I forgot about her. She thought it sucked the big whazoo the way they were crapped on over there...so much that when she returned she retired...

I know that our vets are treated like crap and our soldiers too.

Clinton didn't keep up the spending on the military so our forces went into this war with old equipment/weapons!!

My uncle that served two tours in Vietnam had problems from Agent Orange and they gave him benefits for it, took them away, give/take/give/take. I'm like what the...??!!??

The guy that sends me emails that keeps up with this stuff he has information on how we can protest, sign petitions, etc. I'll have to go back and look but I believe he said they upped his disability pay. Maybe retirement pay?

I'll be honest, he sends me about 10 emails a day (He has a big list he sends to everyone) that are political and about the Vets and I get it all confused LOL!! I have to go back and re-read them.

Oh and for treating soldiers like subhumans, what about the atom bombs being detonated and our troops nearby so the government could watch them for years to come, see what results were caused by their exposure??

My in laws were living within a few hundred miles of the testing site and their first child was stillborn. So my first time to travel to that town with in laws to put flowers on the baby's grave shocked me.

There were 2 rows nearly a city block long, all within the same 2-3 year period and EVERY BABY WERE EITHER STILLBORN OR DIED WITHIN 2 DAYS OF BIRTH. I thought at first the small town had a bad doctor but was watching a special one night on tv about the testing, what year and..... it clicked. I've wondered how many other towns that were within a few hundred miles that had rows of dead babies??

And to think our soldiers were even closer to the detonation.

As far as tracing our bloodlines here, I know I have several that was in the Civil War. My grandmother and her family are Native American. My dad has an old picture of my grandmother's cousins, they are in dresses, I think from when the NA children were sent to school to become 'white'.

The rest are from Ireland, Germany, India and Dutch.

There's not a country that hasn't been conquered. Hopefully our country won't be conquered by terrorist.

Thanks to our Service men and women.