XPO | con way tl to launch ltl lanes

zennbubba

TB Lurker
Credits
heads up guys i just read article in yahoo finance said con way truck load was moving into the ltl end of buisness with about 600 new trucks by the end of the year.That cant be good for you guys on in ltl i dont think (good luck).

Looks like this is the beginning of the end of the Line Haul drivers for Con-Freight. With this Truckload Regional deal and with Con-Freight hiring full-time dockworkers, it's only a matter of time. Guys with less seniority better start getting those applications and resumes updated.

I just read 2 articles on Yahoo finance. Nothing on the Con-way website yet. It's regional truckload service. Nothing about LTL.

I just read 2 articles on Yahoo finance. Nothing on the Con-way website yet. It's regional truckload service. Nothing about LTL.
They aren't going to come right out and say it, but come on, it's time for people take off the blinders. Jippo carrier (i.e. Con-Truckload) lower wages, same type of work or Con-Freight, higher wages. Isn't it obvious what they are planning to do? It was pretty obvious from the time CFI was purchased what the ultimate goal was and still is.

They aren't going to come right out and say it, but come on, it's time for people take off the blinders. Jippo carrier (i.e. Con-Truckload) lower wages, same type of work or Con-Freight, higher wages. Isn't it obvious what they are planning to do? It was pretty obvious from the time CFI was purchased what the ultimate goal was and still is.

They have already been doing it for a few years. Long boxes running 400 miles out of Freight terminals. Yet, we're still covered up.

oh and just so you guys know it has been confirmed that our shops will be servicing CTL equipment probably come first of the year more work less pay for us i love it

I've read a few articles about this and read nothing about LTL. Everything I read talked about short-haul TL freight. I guess you can't take anything at face value though.

That's because that is what the announcement states...Regional Truckload business...and it even goes the extra effort to remind everyone "Regional Truckload Business"...no interest in LTL...53 foot truckload orders...It's not even in Freight's portfolio..Should be a posting of the announcement in every service center by now..

Yep, this is the same model that Knight Transportation uses too. A lot of their freight is short haul and relay, seems to be working for them.

That's because that is what the announcement states...Regional Truckload business...and it even goes the extra effort to remind everyone "Regional Truckload Business"...no interest in LTL...53 foot truckload orders...It's not even in Freight's portfolio..Should be a posting of the announcement in every service center by now..

It isn't!

Rat

I dont even work for Con Way and I take offense to this one. I'm guessing you work for truckload.

Nope, I work LTL, but I've talked to a few Knight Trans. drivers while doing my P&D route. Not all of their runs are short, but quite a few of them are. Most of the guys I have talked to like it because they get the miles and they are close to home. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just saying it works for Knight, and no, they aren't doing LTL, it's truckload stuff.

in my opinion, if it isnt truckoad long-haul its going to hurt line haul one way or the other. furthermore, whats to keep the company from filling up a partial truckload trailer with a couple straggler bills going the same direction? somethings cooking and what i smell stinks.

in my opinion, if it isnt truckoad long-haul its going to hurt line haul one way or the other. furthermore, whats to keep the company from filling up a partial truckload trailer with a couple straggler bills going the same direction? somethings cooking and what i smell stinks.

Thier gonna use CFI to take away our longer runs 1st...(Only my opinion).:TR10driving03:

Box, you know as well as I do, that this new "Truckload Regional business" will eventually replace some if not most of Con-Freights line-haul runs. When Con-way bought CFI, we were told that it would not affect "Freight". Well, low and behold, who is hauling our freight? "Well, we'll only use them on empty lanes." Well guess what, they now run opposite one another from Service Centers to Service Centers. "Well, we will only use them on the cross-country trips." Not true once again. Long boxes being loaded on regional runs now going in both directions.
Do you honestly believe that this company is going to come right out and say "Truckload Regional" is now going to haul Freight's loads on the short line haul runs? No. They will ease it on in a little bit at a time. It may not happen in the next month or two but I guarantee you it will happen. And that sir is a damn shame.

as a CLS survivor... That's Chicken Little Syndrome, the first step to recovery is realizing the sky is not falling.

we eliminated the extra charge for shipments over 14 feet of a pup, the lineal foot rule. This established the True LTL program. No one posted anything on here about the end of truckload as we know it. No one seems concerned about the freight that came off of truckload carriers to us. So if our company creates a program to offer a better rate for truckload shipments in a regional market why all the chicken little action? More and more truck drivers are looking for a regional run to be home more often. The numbers show it's possible, why complain?

Con-Way Truckload is a Con-Way Company, their success is our success, including our stock value.

BB you are right, some folks would complain about winning the lottery

as a CLS survivor... That's Chicken Little Syndrome, the first step to recovery is realizing the sky is not falling.

we eliminated the extra charge for shipments over 14 feet of a pup, the lineal foot rule. This established the True LTL program. No one posted anything on here about the end of truckload as we know it. No one seems concerned about the freight that came off of truckload carriers to us. So if our company creates a program to offer a better rate for truckload shipments in a regional market why all the chicken little action? More and more truck drivers are looking for a regional run to be home more often. The numbers show it's possible, why complain?

Con-Way Truckload is a Con-Way Company, their success is our success, including our stock value.

With the True LTL program we are now the Sales force for Truckload. We cut the rates, we pickup the freight, we load it onto Truckload, or other purchase carriers trailers, they take from Service Center to Service Center, then we deliver it. I'm sure there are occasions when they deliver it. So lets recap. We use our Sales people, our local drivers, our dockworkers, and they drive. We get most of the expense and very little of the revenue. If any.
Some "Chicken Little Survivors" have been hit in the head a few times from falling pieces and just don't realize what's going on around them. Sir, how's the cut in pay, no pension, frozen 401k, stolen vacation, and outsourcing of 1000's of jobs working out for you?

Unfortunately, more and more employees do not trust what corporate sez. I don't know why.