Holland | Concessions Again

SERIOUSLY? YOU WILL SELL YOURSELF OUT FOR 4 DOLLARS? WHERE IS THE 15 PERCENT THAT WAS STOLEN FROM US? THE PENSION IS ANOTHER THING. I RETIRED FROM HOLLAND WITH 25 YEARS AND A TOTAL OF 33 YEARS IN THE TEAMSTERS. YET YOU SOB's WANT TO SELL US OUT FOR A LOUSEY 4 DOLLARS. WHICH WILL PUT YOU STILL BEHIND THE NON UNION CARRIERS. GO AHEAD YOU AND THE REST OF THE MEASTERS.
Shows how much of a selfish ass Meester you are, Pointing a finger with 3 pointed right back at you, If we're selling out for $4 we learned it from your weak ass who voted on every contract proposal before this one. Show us one contract in LtL that paid $4 in 5 years, so you voted for less dumb ass sellout, Enjoy your retirement while we keep trying to work to pay for it you selfish ungrateful bastard

"Most of our city guys make 65k to 80k.We have several dock workers that made over 85k..."

LMAO!!! Yeah right!! If they're making that much it's not on a 40-50 hour work weeek!!!

"Most of our city guys make 65k to 80k.We have several dock workers that made over 85k..."

LMAO!!! Yeah right!! If they're making that much it's not on a 40-50 hour work weeek!!!

Gee,that's genius, nobody realized that.
Btw,neither is anyone else.

And Dude..I could rattle off a dozen city guys that have knocked down over 70k for the last 5 years,and yes they work 60 hours per week The opportunity is there and they utilize it.

Gee,that's genius, nobody realized that.
Btw,neither is anyone else.

So you like spending that much time away from your family? Must suck to be you!! I for one love my wife and spending time with my kids. When I clocked out I go home and not to a house!!

So you like spending that much time away from your family? Must suck to be you!! I for one love my wife and spending time with my kids. When I clocked out I go home and not to a house!!

I never said me.We got guys putting their kids through college that love their children also.You aren't special,people do what they have to do.
Where the hell are you going to work 40 hours in this industry?
What in the hell are you doing here? You know the bill of goods here.
Btw, this job has afforded my wife and I to go to several different countries over these last 10 years.Not one cruise either,flying direct.Im very thankful and very blessed .It doesn't suck to be me but you can think however you wish.

You are retired, and you find it in YOUR best interest to tell us the working guys to not be sold out for 4 bucks. What do you think would happen to pension funds if 25,000 Teamsters stopped paying in? I think you should stop and think before you spew out comments that could severely damage your way of life and many others.
Thank you for your years of service, but wish us the best and enjoy YOUR retirement.
My point is as a retiree is that Central States will be insolvent in 5 years, that is a fact. At that point ME and you will have no pension. So yes I dare come at you guys for selling out for 4 dollars an hour. You obviously don't understand that the company is getting off Scot free if this passes and you dont get the 15 percent back. And no one will have a pension if Central States goes broke. No money in from YRC or UPS who do you think is footing the bill for my retierment? Only the money on hand and the little bit paid in by ABF and a handful of mom and pop companies. So yes you are selling yourselves down the road for 4 dollars if you don't insist on 100 percent pension funding. Why would you accept any less? Think of you futures and mine.

Last edited:
I ain’t selling out :shit:t.The 15% wasn’t stolen and just about everyone on here stayed the entire 10 years.
You call $27 bucks per hour with no overtime,no job protection and
:shit:ty insurance ( compared to ours) better .You can kiss my ass pal.Dont come at me with your bravado bullshitt.I don’t like what’s happened any more than anyone else.

When the union leadership tells us they have done the very best they can possibly do and with what they are giving us it’s going to be a struggle AND that if it gets voted down they project a closure within a month,due to lost revenue ,I’m listening to them not some loudmouth retiree calling people measters who just want to keep their union job.
If you are so friggin smart why don’t you call the IBT and tell them all about your theories.
Of course the union says they have done the best they could. That's BS. Why would you accept 4 dollars an hour and not the 15 percent plus the 4 dollars PLUS full pension contributions? Central States will be insolvent in 5 years. At the end of this new contract you will have nothing. No retirement. Nothing but a pay check. Oh wait that's all we had for the last 10 years. So open your eyes. Think about your future retirement while management is getting huge bonuses on your retirement contributions

I agree, Nice shot
Bet you'll be glad when we go out of business too, I got my own brothers who want the same so you can't disappoint me or ruffle my feathers, but like us, what about your pension for the vested time you have, you don't mind spiting your face just to get a good laugh at our downfall, I for 1 want my coworkers and their families as well to not be unemployed without insurance looking for a job at the bottom of somebody's board, but laugh all you want and in the back of your evil head, just know some of us prepared for this very day
I agree, Nice shot
Bet you'll be glad when we go out of business too, I got my own brothers who want the same so you can't disappoint me or ruffle my feathers, but like us, what about your pension for the vested time you have, you don't mind spiting your face just to get a good laugh at our downfall, I for 1 want my coworkers and their families as well to not be unemployed without insurance looking for a job at the bottom of somebody's board, but laugh all you want and in the back of your evil head, just know some of us prepared for this very day
There won't be any money to pay your vested years without full pension funding by YRC. Central States will be insolvent in 2024. Not my words, Central States words. So given that why would you vote for any contract that does not include full pension funding by YRC? Think about your future, and mine.

Of course the union says they have done the best they could. That's BS. Why would you accept 4 dollars an hour and not the 15 percent plus the 4 dollars PLUS full pension contributions? Central States will be insolvent in 5 years. At the end of this new contract you will have nothing. No retirement. Nothing but a pay check. Oh wait that's all we had for the last 10 years. So open your eyes. Think about your future retirement while management is getting huge bonuses on your retirement contributions

Their bonuses are primarily from stock which have absolutely nothing to do with operations.
Full contributions would do nothing to save this pension..period.
If you have ever looked at a quarterly statement you would realize your demands are impossible.
Please don't be one of those that think that they can get away with hiding money.
No one takes what we are getting into consideration .only what we are not getting.
That is why private unions are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
Plain ignorance.

Shows how much of a selfish ass Meester you are, Pointing a finger with 3 pointed right back at you, If we're selling out for $4 we learned it from your weak ass who voted on every contract proposal before this one. Show us one contract in LtL that paid $4 in 5 years, so you voted for less dumb ass sellout, Enjoy your retirement while we keep trying to work to pay for it you selfish ungrateful bastard
You answered your own question. In all contracts that I voted for we received full pension funding. You about to accept a contract with no pension funding. Central States will be insolvent in 5 years Not my words, that is Central States words. So while you are calling me an ungrateful bastard, step back and look what a dumbass you are if you accept a contract without full pension funding. And as far as the MOU's that were voted on I voted no all 3 times.

Their bonuses are primarily from stock which have absolutely nothing to do with operations.
Full contributions would do nothing to save this pension..period.
If you have ever looked at a quarterly statement you would realize your demands are impossible.
Please don't be one of those that think that they can get away with hiding money.
No one takes what we are getting into consideration .only what we are not getting.
That is why private unions are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
Plain ignorance.

Those demands are NOT impossible. The company has stolen enough in 10 years to pay full pension contributions. My question is why accept any less.

There won't be any money to pay your vested years without full pension funding by YRC. Central States will be insolvent in 2024. Not my words, Central States words. So given that why would you vote for any contract that does not include full pension funding by YRC? Think about your future, and mine.
So pay full pay into the pension
Even if we pay full pay it still won't save it and put the company out of business
50000 paying in
200000 receiving payments
What part of that do you not get
We get ridiculed for taking concessions but ask the guys at NEMF or many other companies if they would have taken a dollar or 2 less to stay open
Ask a CF guy who could have retired 10 years ago but still working under our Yellow Jr guys all the other union carriers and their members could have been paying in and then your point would make sense and be valid
We took concessions to stay in business and now we're going back in the right direction
Fine if you don't get it but most of us do
And we don't want to be at the bottom of another roster either especially with a $4 raise and A Week of Vacation being offered

So pay full pay into the pension
Even if we pay full pay it still won't save it and put the company out of business
50000 paying in
200000 receiving payments
What part of that do you not get
We get ridiculed for taking concessions but ask the guys at NEMF or many other companies if they would have taken a dollar or 2 less to stay open
Ask a CF guy who could have retired 10 years ago but still working under our Yellow Jr guys all the other union carriers and their members could have been paying in and then your point would make sense and be valid
We took concessions to stay in business and now we're going back in the right direction
Fine if you don't get it but most of us do
And we don't want to be at the bottom of another roster either especially with a $4 raise and A Week of Vacation being offered
So you are a bird in the hand kinda guy. Take your money now and the hell with retirement. You are being sold out if you don't insist on full pension funding. But since you want all your money now **** on the pension. 10 years from now go back and read my posts and see what you have. Hell the company couldn't even offer you a matching 401k.

They are 100% impossible!!
Sounds like you are a real company man. Maybe you you should get you a management job and leave the real work to the working men that are willing to fight for what's right. You probably spend all your time In the terminal manages office ratting on people. So shut the **** up if you want to be a sellout.

My point is as a retiree is that Central States will be insolvent in 5 years, that is a fact. At that point ME and you will have no pension. So yes I dare come at you guys for selling out for 4 dollars an hour. You obviously don't understand that the company is getting off Scot free if this passes and you dont get the 15 percent back. And no one will have a pension if Central States goes broke. No money in from YRC or UPS who do you think is footing the bill for my retierment? Only the money on hand and the little bit paid in by ABF and a handful of mom and pop companies. So yes you are selling yourselves down the road for 4 dollars if you don't insist on 100 percent pension funding. Why would you accept any less? Think of you futures and mine.

And no one will have a pension if Central States goes broke. No money in from YRC or UPS who do you think is footing the bill for my retierment?

BINGO DING DING DING, and you are the winner.
Exactly what you said MY RETIREMENT, what about the man with 5,10,15 years, they are going to get nothing, you and to many others have watched the crap pulled over the years and now bitch about “ who is going to fund MY RETIREMENT “ You should have planned for yourself and taken care of yourself.
MAN YOU HIT A NERVE THERE. And to think the government is going to bail out the funds, wish full thinking. It is not good but I would rather see jobs preserved verses putting money in a bottom less pit. Any one that didn’t take advantage of 401 k was a fool. You think things are bad now, shut the company down and see how fast you and all the other retirees will blame us for voting no.

WHY DONT THR RETIREES SHUT UP AND WISH US GOOD LUCK. IF ANYTHING ENCOURAGE A GOOD OUTCOME BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE TO LOOSE THAN US, YOU ARE RETIRED AND HAVE RESTRICTIONS ON WORK WE DONT.

Sounds like you are a real company man. Maybe you you should get you a management job and leave the real work to the working men that are willing to fight for what's right. You probably spend all your time In the terminal manages office ratting on people. So shut the **** up if you want to be a sellout.

You are nothing but a punk smart ass.
I got your rat hanging.come get it *******.
You aren't worried about nothing but YOUR pension.
Measter

Last edited: