Holland | Concessions Again

I never said me.We got guys putting their kids through college that love their children also.You aren't special,people do what they have to do.
Where the hell are you going to work 40 hours in this industry?
What in the hell are you doing here? You know the bill of goods here.
Btw, this job has afforded my wife and I to go to several different countries over these last 10 years.Not one cruise either,flying direct.Im very thankful and very blessed .It doesn't suck to be me but you can think however you wish.

Our shop, dock and city guys worked a minimum of 54 hrs in 1955, most worked more.

You are nothing but a punk smart ass.
I got your rat hanging.come get it :censored:.
You aren't worried about nothing but YOUR pension.
Measter
Falcon fan, one of us, Company paid bloggers. Ironic we’re out here moving freight paying for them to tell us how to vote. Blogging day and night they can’t possibly be working freight.

Falcon fan, one of us, Company paid bloggers. Ironic we’re out here moving freight paying for them to tell us how to vote. Blogging day and night they can’t possibly be working freight.
You should see when some come on everyday talking about 15%
Pay the rate or lock the gate
Shut the doors
Vote No Vote No but you're right Brother
Let's close the doors
Take care

Wish I hadn't stooped to that level.
Don't know what you are insinuating though.

Last edited:
This is based on just 40 hours per week and 52 weeks a year.
Here is your proposed raises for the tentative agreement
Year one. $1.00 per hour. Equals
$2080.00 per year
Year two. $.70 per hour. Equals
$1456.00 per year
Year three. $.35 per hour for 6 months
$364.00
$.70 per hour for 6 months
$728.00
$364.00 + $728.00 = $1092.00 per year
Full $.70 for the year is $1456.00 this is a loss of $364.00 for the year
Years 4 and 5 are broken down the same
Year 4 and 5 we get split total of $1248.00 for the year and should be if we got the full raise in April instead or being split $1664.00 this is a loss of $416.00 for the year. Now I don't know how you are going to vote but for me and make no mistake about it I need the insurance my wife is sickly and has cancer again but I am tired of taking it up the ass so I am voting NO NO NO and if they shut it down then so be it. At some point we have to take a stand and stop the insanity. However you are going to vote is up to you but for gods sake please VOTE this is your future and don't forget about your pension..........sorry there is no pension

And thats only some of the problems with this contract READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES I have lost over $135,000.00 dollars in my pay the last 10 years........how much have you lost.......The only people to profit from this is management.......remember after the last MOU was passed they wanted to purchase ABF......I'm tired of all of it. This is only 1 problem with this contract.
My heart goes out to you and your wife, you probably remember in 08 when they started hitting the most vulnerable on our insurance co-pays on prescriptions from $5 generic and $10 name brand to a whopping %20% up to $200 each med. Unfortunatly no one made a peep except for those with the high $ scripts All fell on deaf ears... so they said it worked with them, now lets get the rest..
this whole thing is a load of dog pooop but it is a sign of the times (ZEITGEIST).
I know where you're coming from with the high medical expenses Brother specially the scripts.. take care

lets face it.. this was the perfect storm for some of us.. I've seen guys lose homes, file bankruptcy over this pay cut BS.. many are too proud to admit it, which I dont blame them especially when they are the sole bread winners in the family BUT they will voice their opinion when they vote!
Lots of new guys here dont understand the history of this whole mess. I see their point too. unfortunatly as the great chinese philosopher once said " "IT IS WHAT IT IS".
God Bless All!

You are nothing but a punk smart ass.
I got your rat hanging.come get it :censored:.
You aren't worried about nothing but YOUR pension.
Measter
If your screen name is correct I assume you work in Atlanta. If you do in fact live in Atlanta I will be in Marietta next weekend. Come on over to the Braves game Friday night. I would like to see what kind of man you really are. All I can tell right now is that you don't about nothing but your damn self.

And no one will have a pension if Central States goes broke. No money in from YRC or UPS who do you think is footing the bill for my retierment?

BINGO DING DING DING, and you are the winner.
Exactly what you said MY RETIREMENT, what about the man with 5,10,15 years, they are going to get nothing, you and to many others have watched the crap pulled over the years and now bitch about “ who is going to fund MY RETIREMENT “ You should have planned for yourself and taken care of yourself.
MAN YOU HIT A NERVE THERE. And to think the government is going to bail out the funds, wish full thinking. It is not good but I would rather see jobs preserved verses putting money in a bottom less pit. Any one that didn’t take advantage of 401 k was a fool. You think things are bad now, shut the company down and see how fast you and all the other retirees will blame us for voting no.

WHY DONT THR RETIREES SHUT UP AND WISH US GOOD LUCK. IF ANYTHING ENCOURAGE A GOOD OUTCOME BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE TO LOOSE THAN US, YOU ARE RETIRED AND HAVE RESTRICTIONS ON WORK WE DONT.
Yeah I said MY retirement because I am retired. I am trying to point out that all you current guys are biting the 4 dollar carrot. Along with the 1 week vacation which was already ours. In case you missed it the last MOU was voted down. The union pulled some bullshit revote on a Sunday with only a small percentage of the men were able to attend on short notice. And yes we did nothing because for the last 40+ years we had contracts that promised us a full retirement. So go ahead and vote for this POS contract the union is selling you down the road with. All about you. Whee we get a whole 4 dollars. And do a little research and you will find that because of the split raises in 2021 and 2022 you won't realize the full 4 dollar raise until April 1 2024 after the contract expires.

If your screen name is correct I assume you work in Atlanta. If you do in fact live in Atlanta I will be in Marietta next weekend. Come on over to the Braves game Friday night. I would like to see what kind of man you really are. All I can tell right now is that you don't about nothing but your damn self.
Dude I'll be fine with or without this job.Im not looking out for myself.I would certainly hate to see 30,000 families scrambling for a job and see the retirees get on an even faster track to major cuts than they already are.I try to be cool and respect opinions other than mine .I don't like being an ass and sometimes over react when people start name calling.We should probably end that now.You want to debate civally fine.
As far as meeting you no I'm not .I'm in much better shape than you think I am and even if I wasn't I wouldn't meet people to fight like we did in 7th grade.
Happy Easter.

Yeah I said MY retirement because I am retired. I am trying to point out that all you current guys are biting the 4 dollar carrot. Along with the 1 week vacation which was already ours. In case you missed it the last MOU was voted down. The union pulled some :horseshit: revote on a Sunday with only a small percentage of the men were able to attend on short notice. And yes we did nothing because for the last 40+ years we had contracts that promised us a full retirement. So go ahead and vote for this POS contract the union is selling you down the road with. All about you. Whee we get a whole 4 dollars. And do a little research and you will find that because of the split raises in 2021 and 2022 you won't realize the full 4 dollar raise until April 1 2024 after the contract expires.

You will be 4 dollars in October of 4th year. You might do the math before you re post something that is not correct.

Yeah I said MY retirement because I am retired. I am trying to point out that all you current guys are biting the 4 dollar carrot. Along with the 1 week vacation which was already ours. In case you missed it the last MOU was voted down. The union pulled some :horseshit: revote on a Sunday with only a small percentage of the men were able to attend on short notice. And yes we did nothing because for the last 40+ years we had contracts that promised us a full retirement. So go ahead and vote for this POS contract the union is selling you down the road with. All about you. Whee we get a whole 4 dollars. And do a little research and you will find that because of the split raises in 2021 and 2022 you won't realize the full 4 dollar raise until April 1 2024 after the contract expires.

I have never read any contract that you are guaranteed a FULL RETIREMENT. The contract had language to put money in a separate entity called “ Multi Employer Pension Fund(s)” IT IS NOT ANY COMPANYS FAULT FOR THE CONDITION OF FUNDS. Get over that hurdle. Since you are so well informed do a little math and see what 30,000 less Teamsters paying in will do.
Only thing it will do is bring working verse retired a little closer.......... because there won’t be as many working.

Dude I'll be fine with or without this job.Im not looking out for myself.I would certainly hate to see 30,000 families scrambling for a job and see the retirees get on an even faster track to major cuts than they already are.I try to be cool and respect opinions other than mine .I don't like being an ass and sometimes over react when people start name calling.We should probably end that now.You want to debate civally fine.
As far as meeting you no I'm not .I'm in much better shape than you think I am and even if I wasn't I wouldn't meet people to fight like we did in 7th grade.
Happy Easter.
What does being in shape have to do with any thing. Nobody said anything about fighting. But I guess that is your mindset. By your previous posts and the name calling I could see why you would think that way.

What does being in shape have to do with any thing. Nobody said anything about fighting. But I guess that is your mindset. By your previous posts and the name calling I could see why you would think that way.

You started the name calling and insults.
HAPPY Easter.

You will be 4 dollars in October of 4th year. You might do the math before you re post something that is not correct.
  1. . If you think you are getting the face value of the yearly wage increase, thinkagain, you aren’t. It is true that at the end of the contract the hourly wage will be $4.00 higher than today and the mileage pay will be 10cents higher. However in reality those valueswill not be realized until the day after thecontract expires on March 31, 2024. Let meexplain for those who haven’t figured it out or have overlooked it.For the first two (2) years of the contract you will receive from day one (including retro pay back to April 1, 2019)100% of the bargained wage increase for the entire year.
    • 2019 Hourly- $1.00 hour / $.025 mile. These wages are face value and will be earned for the entire year.
    • 2020 Mileage- $.70 hour / $.0175 mile These wages are face value and will be earned for the entire year.
    For the last three (3) years of the contract the wage increase will be a split payment. The first 26 weeks will be reduced by 50% and theremaining 26 weeks will be payed at 100%.Example;
    • 2021 Hourly - $.35 hour × 26 weeks +$.70 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.525 hour for the entire year. That’s$.175 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $110 in the first half.
    • 2021 Mileage- $.00875 mile × 26 weeks + $.0175 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.013125 mile for the entire year. That’s $.004375 mile less thanrepresented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $589 - $683 in the first half.
    • 2022 Hourly- $.40 hour × 26 weeks +$.80 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.60 hour for the entire year. That’s $.20 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $125 in the first half.
    • 2022 Mileage- $.01 mile × 26 weeks +$.02 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.015 mile for the entire year. That’s$.005 mile less than represented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $650 - $780 in the first half.
    • 2023 Hourly- $.40 hour × 26 weeks + $.80 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.60 hour for the entire year. That’s $.20 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $125 in the first half.
    • 2023 Mileage- $.010 mile × 26 weeks + $.02 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.015 mile for the entire year. That’s $.005 mile less than represented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $650 - $780 in the first half.

2. That’s a total loss of $360 hourly and $1,889 - $2,243 mileage in the three years with the 50% reduced pay. When all is figured and averaged out you will have only earned $3.425 hour and $.085625 mile for the five year period and won’t start earning the advertised wage increases until April 1, 2024 at which point a new wage package should be negotiated

1. . If you think you are getting the face value of the yearly wage increase, thinkagain, you aren’t. It is true that at the end of the contract the hourly wage will be $4.00 higher than today and the mileage pay will be 10cents higher. However in reality those valueswill not be realized until the day after thecontract expires on March 31, 2024. Let meexplain for those who haven’t figured it out or have overlooked it.For the first two (2) years of the contract you will receive from day one (including retro pay back to April 1, 2019)100% of the bargained wage increase for the entire year.
    • 2019 Hourly- $1.00 hour / $.025 mile. These wages are face value and will be earned for the entire year.
    • 2020 Mileage- $.70 hour / $.0175 mile These wages are face value and will be earned for the entire year.
    For the last three (3) years of the contract the wage increase will be a split payment. The first 26 weeks will be reduced by 50% and theremaining 26 weeks will be payed at 100%.Example;
    • 2021 Hourly - $.35 hour × 26 weeks +$.70 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.525 hour for the entire year. That’s$.175 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $110 in the first half.
    • 2021 Mileage- $.00875 mile × 26 weeks + $.0175 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.013125 mile for the entire year. That’s $.004375 mile less thanrepresented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $589 - $683 in the first half.
    • 2022 Hourly- $.40 hour × 26 weeks +$.80 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.60 hour for the entire year. That’s $.20 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $125 in the first half.
    • 2022 Mileage- $.01 mile × 26 weeks +$.02 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.015 mile for the entire year. That’s$.005 mile less than represented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $650 - $780 in the first half.
    • 2023 Hourly- $.40 hour × 26 weeks + $.80 hour × 26 weeks for an average of $.60 hour for the entire year. That’s $.20 hour less than represented. If you are a road driver and 20% of your wage is hourly and averages 12 hours/week you would lose about $125 in the first half.
    • 2023 Mileage- $.010 mile × 26 weeks + $.02 mile × 26 weeks for an average of $.015 mile for the entire year. That’s $.005 mile less than represented. If your average mileage is 2500 – 3000/wk you would lose $650 - $780 in the first half.

2. That’s a total loss of $360 hourly and $1,889 - $2,243 mileage in the three years with the 50% reduced pay. When all is figured and averaged out you will have only earned $3.425 hour and $.085625 mile for the five year period and won’t start earning the advertised wage increases until April 1, 2024 at which point a new wage package should be negotiated
You did a lot of math, the last six months of contract you will be at 4.00.
You need to send out a correction.
Your sales pitch sounds good but not true.
And to say that a raise is a loss of 360 dollars makes no sense.
A split every six months with.35 or .40 each six months is better than .40 for a year minus 15%. Is it not.

Remember what I said about re posting incorrect facts.

I like facts with numbers not fiction with numbers.

You did a lot of math, the last six months of contract you will be at 4.00.
You need to send out a correction.
Your sales pitch sounds good but not true.
And to say that a raise is a loss of 360 dollars makes no sense.
A split every six months with.35 or .40 each six months is better than .40 for a year minus 15%. Is it not.
The loss of 360 dollars is the difference between what you would have made IF you had received the FULL raise in the first quarter instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to get the other half of that years raise. Just because you get the second half of the raise you can not make up what you lost by not getting the full raise all at once. The company knows what they are doing and the union is a willing accomplice. I honestly believe these numbers are factual and NOT fiction. Please refer to the original post by Freightmaster1. He did the work on these numbers. I only reposted them.