Holland | Concessions Again

I like facts with numbers not fiction with numbers.

Give it up bro.Raises are losses. Just think how much we are losing because we aren’t getting $2.00 per hour instead of $1.00 per hour.

Be negative, instead of being thankful for what you receive ,
complain about what you are not getting.
Then you will be on the same page with their thinking process

I have never read any contract that you are guaranteed a FULL RETIREMENT. The contract had language to put money in a separate entity called “ Multi Employer Pension Fund(s)” IT IS NOT ANY COMPANYS FAULT FOR THE CONDITION OF FUNDS. Get over that hurdle. Since you are so well informed do a little math and see what 30,000 less Teamsters paying in will do.
Only thing it will do is bring working verse retired a little closer.......... because there won’t be as many working.
We were sold the fact of x amount for retirement in exchange for smaller raises. Just like you're getting this carrot of 4 dollars In exchange for no increase in pension. So to start a knew argument in the case that this POS contract is ratified and you guys are all giddy over the 4 dollar raise and a week of vacation that is simply a giveback of something we had for years in exchange of no pension funding, I want the pension frozen and dispersed. I want what's mine. And I'm sure the rest of us retirees would want this also. Since everyone I talk to does not seemed to Interested in the fact that there is no pension funding you guys can figure your own retirement out. Because every post I've made concerning the pension in the last two days I've either been told I'm wrong or greedy or an ungrateful bastard. So you go ahead take the screwing with this new contract and don't worry about anyone's pension, mine or yours. I don't want to hear any crying in 5 years and Central States is insolvent and you have no pension.

The loss of 360 dollars is the difference between what you would have made IF you had received the FULL raise in the first quarter instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to get the other half of that years raise. Just because you get the second half of the raise you can not make up what you lost by not getting the full raise all at once. The company knows what they are doing and the union is a willing accomplice. I honestly believe these numbers are factual and NOT fiction. Please refer to the original post by Freightmaster1. He did the work on these numbers. I only reposted them.
This is what you said.

The loss of 360 dollars is the difference between what you would have made IF you had received the FULL raise in the first quarter instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to get the other half of that years raise. Just because you get the second half of the raise you can not make up what you lost by not getting the full raise all at once.

Now please read this to your self out load and think about it

Give it up bro.Raises are losses. Just think how much we are losing because we aren’t getting $2.00 per hour instead of $1.00 per hour.

Be negative, instead of being thankful for what you receive ,
complain about what you are not getting.
Then you will be on the same page with their thinking process
You know if you would fight as hard for a good contract as you have fought me over this POS contract you might get a contract everyone can be proud of. Instead of making snide remarks about raises are losses and read me entire post concerning the raises you would understand how you losing x amount of money. Because you are willing to accept a contract and feel so "THANKFUL" for it you will never get a good contract. Maybe if you gave up a dollar of the raise and put it towards the pension like we did 40 years ago you could rebuild what has been lost.

The loss of 360 dollars is the difference between what you would have made IF you had received the FULL raise in the first quarter instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to get the other half of that years raise. Just because you get the second half of the raise you can not make up what you lost by not getting the full raise all at once. The company knows what they are doing and the union is a willing accomplice. I honestly believe these numbers are factual and NOT fiction. Please refer to the original post by Freightmaster1. He did the work on these numbers. I only reposted them.

Please answer this question, is this a negotiated wage, if so you did not lose a thing. It is stated in black and white, get over it. And repeating that we aren’t at 4.00 till after contract is a lie we will be at 4.00 6 months before it expires. Get your facts straight.

We were sold the fact of x amount for retirement in exchange for smaller raises. Just like you're getting this carrot of 4 dollars In exchange for no increase in pension. So to start a knew argument in the case that this POS contract is ratified and you guys are all giddy over the 4 dollar raise and a week of vacation that is simply a giveback of something we had for years in exchange of no pension funding, I want the pension frozen and dispersed. I want what's mine. And I'm sure the rest of us retirees would want this also. Since everyone I talk to does not seemed to Interested in the fact that there is no pension funding you guys can figure your own retirement out. Because every post I've made concerning the pension in the last two days I've either been told I'm wrong or greedy or an ungrateful bastard. So you go ahead take the screwing with this new contract and don't worry about anyone's pension, mine or yours. I don't want to hear any crying in 5 years and Central States is insolvent and you have no pension.

Here is another famous quote of yours.

I want the pension frozen and dispersed. I want what's mine.

Okay you are a math wiz find total amount in the fund your in and divide it equally to each man regardless of years, you will see it ain’t squat. Factor in older guys (years of service) it ain’t squat.

Like I said earlier if you didn’t take advantage of 401k you were a fool.
Get your resume ready and start looking because if you get what you wish you will be back in the work force cause your pension dispersal program is a pipe dream, and might last a year or two.

Please answer this question, is this a negotiated wage, if so you did not lose a thing. It is stated in black and white, get over it. And repeating that we aren’t at 4.00 till after contract is a lie we will be at 4.00 6 months before it expires. Get your facts straight.
Read the post. Between quarter one and quarter 3 you only get half of the raise. Then In quarter 3 you get the other half you are not getting the full raise for that year. You are working 6 months with half of the raise. You can not make up that money. In 40 years in the Teamsters I have never seen a split raise like this one. We always got a raise on April 1st. So you work the full year with a full raise. We didn't work six months with a half raise. All of this is made perfectly in my post. So if you believe that you are getting a full 4 dollar raise in 4 and 1/2 years you go right ahead aan live with it. You guys want to keep telling how stupid and ungrateful I am being while I am trying to point out the shortcomings of this contract including no pension funding trying to help some people. So while that huge and massive 4 dollar raise has you blinded I don't want to here about the day you have no pension when Central States becomes insolvent. Maybe trade some of the raise for pension contributions. Or better yet forget the pension, get a 401k and dissolve and disperse the Central States fund since you and Falcolnfan seem to think any pension funding would be so detrimental to the company.

You know if you would fight as hard for a good contract as you have fought me over this POS contract you might get a contract everyone can be proud of. Instead of making snide remarks about raises are losses and read me entire post concerning the raises you would understand how you losing x amount of money. Because you are willing to accept a contract and feel so "THANKFUL" for it you will never get a good contract. Maybe if you gave up a dollar of the raise and put it towards the pension like we did 40 years ago you could rebuild what has been lost.

Dude it ain’t coming back, the pension is designed that you need more paying in than drawing. That is only way it works.
With 4 retired for each Man working it ain’t happening.

And if you think having government take over is good, well I hope you have paid attention to there track record.
Read the language in that one and you will see it is a slush fund for politicians and there buddies.
Maybe there is a plan B the unions are supporting it, in 94 they didn’t and that wiped some out, so be dam careful for what you wish for.

Here is another famous quote of yours.

I want the pension frozen and dispersed. I want what's mine.

Okay you are a math wiz find total amount in the fund your in and divide it equally to each man regardless of years, you will see it ain’t squat. Factor in older guys (years of service) it ain’t squat.

Like I said earlier if you didn’t take advantage of 401k you were a fool.
Get your resume ready and start looking because if you get what you wish you will be back in the work force cause your pension dispersal program is a pipe dream, and might last a year or two.
Because we were told that that we had a pension when we retired. Obviously all the people that want to call me stupid or ungrateful over the pension don't care about the pension. So why not dissolve and disperse regardless of how much it is.

Because we were told that that we had a pension when we retired. Obviously all the people that want to call me stupid or ungrateful over the pension don't care about the pension. So why not dissolve and disperse regardless of how much it is.

I never said you were stupid. This is all math.

Dude it ain’t coming back, the pension is designed that you need more paying in than drawing. That is only way it works.
With 4 retired for each Man working it ain’t happening.So the reason I'm so adamant about the pension is that you and others appear to have given up on the pension for everyone including current retirees. I was just told I was stupid for not having a 401k. Number 1 I did have the Prudential 401k through Holland and the fees were exorbitant. Number 2 we were told we would have a pension to retire on. I understand everything you are saying about the pension and the government takeover but to give up on it and with no concern with current retirees is painful.

I'm sorry you said if a person didn't take part in the 401k they were a fool. Personally I was in the Prudential 401k through Holland and the fees were exorbitant.

Correct me if I’m wrong. That wasn’t Holland’s 401k that was a Teamsters 401k.The only thing Holland did was to agree to have a percentage of your choice automatically withdrawn from your check into the Teamsters 401k managed by prudential.

https://teamster.org/benefits/teamster-privilege-insurance

I'm sorry you said if a person didn't take part in the 401k they were a fool. Personally I was in the Prudential 401k through Holland and the fees were exorbitant.
I honestly believe in the last 24 hours I have gotten some people's attention concerning this contract. Each and everyone one of you will vote however you feel is the right way. Or as in past history half of the people will not vote at all. My original intent was to work until this contract was signed and then retired but due to illness I didn't have a choice. I'm glad I didn't wait. So good luck to all and if you do nothing else be sure to vote. And make sure you get the new guys to vote.

Correct me if I’m wrong. That wasn’t Holland’s 401k that was a Teamsters 401k.The only thing Holland did was to agree to have a percentage of your choice automatically withdrawn from your check into the Teamsters 401k managed by prudential.

https://teamster.org/benefits/teamster-privilege-insurance
Absolutely. I couldn't remember how that started. Somehow we received 1000 dollars. Then somehow it transferred to Prudential, and that is when I started contributing. The fees were eating a lot of the money.

Absolutely. I couldn't remember how that started. Somehow we received 1000 dollars. Then somehow it transferred to Prudential, and that is when I started contributing. The fees were eating a lot of the money.

Thay gave shares of stock at one point with the concessions.
I cashed my shares in at around 17 or so per share.I can't remember..it was about 800 bucks.

You did good then. We cashed out the other day at like $8.60

Don't feel too bad, I have a friend who has 1 (one) share of YRC, after the reverse splits, he has almost 13K invested in the 1 share.