FedEx Freight | confused about policy

TB Lurker
Credits
in the last four months i was absent twice and last week i got sick and had to go to hospital i got a note from doctor but still was counted as a unexcused and got a corrective action. i thought a doctors note made it excused and not a accuriance (thanks in advance)

i maybe wrong but the only time a doctors note would be excusable is if you stay overnight at a hospital.i had went to the emergency room one night but i didnt stay over night and i called off the next day and they gave me a unexcusable they told me policy is policy

accuriance???????????

I looked it up and could not find a definition for accuriance.

I think you were looking for this word????

Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: oc·cur·rence
Function: noun
: something that takes place; especially : an accident, event, or continuing condition that causes personal or property damage that is unintended or unexpected from the standpoint of an insured party making a claim

:1036316054::1036316054:

I've fought this one to the regional HR person and got nowhere. If someone did get fired for having too many points, they would have a good case to sue for their job. I think the policy tends to force people to work when they are sick just because they want to avoid points. The HR guy said those people need to be "re-educated".

§392.3 Ill or fatigued operator.

No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle, while the driver’s ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle.

DOT interpretation.

Question 1: What protection is afforded a driver for refusing to violate the FMCSRs?

Guidance: Section 405 of the STAA (49 U.S.C. 31105) states, in part, that no person shall discharge, discipline, or in any manner discriminate against an employee with respect to the employee’s compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment for refusing to operate a vehicle when such operation constitutes a violation of any Federal rule, regulation, standard, or order applicable to CMV safety. In such a case, a driver may submit a signed complaint to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

I don't recall you running for the position of spelling police. Not everyone can be as good as you River17.

Guardrail :1036316054:

I'll be the first one to admit that I did not go to Harvard like our current occupant at the White House. But when I come across a word I do not recognize, I have to look it up to see what it means.
The beauty of the Internet is that we can research or look for word meanings even if some of us may not have a dictionary at home like I have.
One of the side benefits of participating on Truckingboards is that we get to work and practice on our vocabulary and our spelling skills.

:popcorn:

Yeah but you don't have to call someone out because they aren't as diligent as you when it comes to posting with correct spelling and grammar.

I'll admit that I'm the worlds worst speller. I use Foxfire and it has a built in spell checker. Ever once in a while I'll have to change a word because the one I started with is misspelled so bad that the spell checker does even have a suggestion.

Yeah but you don't have to call someone out because they aren't as diligent as you when it comes to posting with correct spelling and grammar.

I'll admit that I'm the worlds worst speller. I use Foxfire and it has a built in spell checker. Ever once in a while I'll have to change a word because the one I started with is misspelled so bad that the spell checker does even have a suggestion.

Guardrail :1036316054:

10-4.

:popcorn:

I was told by local HR that it is good to get doctors note because if you go up for review this will help with there decision

Most web browsers have a spell check in them. You may just have to turn it on. When you misspell a word, it usually underlines it in red. Right click on the word, and you get a list of possible words you were trying to use.

Don't you have to bring in a doctor's note at your 3rd day off for the same thing? Most of the guys I know won't hesitate to call in sick. If you're not feeling well, go to work, have an accident because you weren't at your best, you think FedEx is going to take that into account? It's your a** on the line.

HR told one of our guys to avoid occurances just call in sick for 6 days and apply for short term disabilty, then the occurance doesn't count.