Consider this....

LaLaLand

TB Lurker
Credits
Before you make any decisions about what to do when (or if) a contract is finally presented for a vote, ask your self the tough questions:
Has Oak Harbor Management EVER done anything for you or your co-workers that would make you feel they are trustworthy? Have they EVER given you or your co-workers the benefit of the doubt in ANY situation? Have they EVER treated you or your co-workers with any kind of respect? Have they EVER put you or your co-workers first rather than the almighty dollar?
In my case, the answer to all of these questions is a resounding “Not no, but H*** NO!!”
The recent meetings are a prime example. They slammed the Union repeatedly as being the reason for all the turmoil, taking NO responsibility for any problems, citing partial truths all the way.
Want another example? Consider the despicable treatment of Larry E when he was forced out of dispatch at Auburn, and the company’s lame attempt to blame Larry.
I commend the dockworkers for their solidarity. If any group is at the bottom of the S*** list, it’s them. The way the casuals are treated is how YOU will be treated, and that’s how management wants to treat EVERYBODY with their name on their shirt if they get their way!
I’m sure they’ll continue to attempt to brainwash us at future meetings. They will also try to stall contract negotiations, hoping to drag things out as long as possible into the slow time of year so they’ll have additional leverage.
Let your Union negotiators know that WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY FOOT DRAGGING ON MANAGEMENT’S PART! If they show ANY signs of stalling, STRIKE! I suggest a new slogan for our struggle;
NO TALKS, WE WALK!

PS: I understand the old man, Henry, is part of the Gideon’s. You know, the people who place Bible’s in Motel rooms. I hope he makes a lot of converts! He’s gonna have to in order to make up for all the people that have turned their backs on Christianity after working for his A-Hole sons!

NOTE TO HANK: I know you’re in your 80’s, but, PLEASE, run your POS sons out of the front office and come back! Your company is going down the drain!

Ill agree on a couple things you have brought up. The company doesnt do anything for their employees. They claim to be a family company, but the only family they care about is their own.

I have no idea why you brought up the whole christianity issue. I think you are just trying to be witty, but it comes off pretty negative. I mean, you might actually know people who have 'turned their backs', but i doubt it. And if they have done so, soley because of the managament at OHFL...well, they probably werent even facing Him to turn their backs in the first place