FedEx Freight | Considering following freight to WCV. Anyone have any info on Winchester?

S

steelmiller

My relay yard is one of the ones being closed. We are being offered WCV. I am wondering how many closed facilities are being offered this location?

Has anyone lived in northern VA? Any locals recommend living in the WV panhandle instead of VA, specific communities, etc..?

I don't live there but, it's a really nice area. Property is pretty high cause people actually commute to DC from there. The terminal isn't that big but, it's got a decent size yard. I think alot of people do live over in W.VA that work in that area.

@sharpshooter Thanks buddy, I am trying to research as much as I can online. Property seems much cheaper in WV, but then the concern is education etc.. I'll get much more serious if I find my move is approved.

@westside I'll call you after midnight eastern.

@sharpshooter Thanks buddy, I am trying to research as much as I can online. Property seems much cheaper in WV, but then the concern is education etc.. I'll get much more serious if I find my move is approved.

@westside I'll call you after midnight eastern.

Good Luck Brother...Sorry to hear the bad news.

I personally know some drivers up there and also very familiar with Winchester. Those guys are extremely honest and courteous. You would love it there if you are the same kind of person. Gracious area to live in. Beautiful mtns all around and not far from major shopping.

off topic but I heard this today and it fits here.......what do boys from WV say after sex?...........get off me dad you're crushing my cigarettes

Oh man chitown, I didn't even want to refer to WV as the "hillbilly" let alone go there. ;)

Thanks for the sentiment ls57racer, I don't mind relocating for, just hoping it happens!

Firestarter - sounds like the right place to go! I consider myself to share the same values that you mentioned. Guess I'll find out if I make the cut in a little under a month...

used to run RCH and POS with some of those guys and they are fun to work with. stay away from manassas,va. crappy place to work. STN nice place too. very close to charlottesville which to me is one the most beautiful cities in Va. good luck to you.

I have worked with all the road drivers there in rch b4 and I must say they're some of the coolest fellas to work with I've ever been around(even seymore). If you're last on road board, you can expect to do alot of shuttling to hagerstown, md. Thats about 50 miles one way and 5 hours of dock a night........unfortunately.

My relay yard is one of the ones being closed. We are being offered WCV. I am wondering how many closed facilities are being offered this location?

Has anyone lived in northern VA? Any locals recommend living in the WV panhandle instead of VA, specific communities, etc..?

Right know from what I know SPA, AKN, and HRT can transfer into WCV. SPA drivers will more than likely be below most of those who transfer in just because that board in SPA is so young.

I've been hearing that there's some good-mile runs out of there.

They have a handful for nice runs at night but as for the daytime they are a tad over 250 miles round trip.

How much dock time can a 250 mile run expect to get at Freight? Also many drivers transfered Into SPA, and AKN & HRT were recently expanded. It should be a crap shoot imo...

Idk what the runs are at winchester but, that circle from there to richmond to Roanoke and back takes some getting use to. 460 sucks!!!

WCV has runs all over. They run Va,Pa,Md,Wv, and maybe Nc, not sure about Nc. their POS run is about 540 miles round trip. If you take the POS run then I hope you like 12 inches or more of snow on a regular basis.