Container sector is so hot that ships rent for $200,000/day

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Whoopie.

We just need a proper war to make 100.00 gallon fuel. Then we will see about those shipping companies not taking enough rental in to maintain the business revenue.

America could solve that overnight by building factories and stuff here at home. Not overseas.

Some of the overseas imports in pricing according to several shops that email me updates increase 10% per month.

You can have all the robot ships you want. The problem is the west coast ports are stacked. I think Marine Watch has about 50 container ships at anchor holding offshore waiting their turn. It will be a few weeks to get them all.

WE COULD build more container ship ports, but those are hideously expensive and takes a decade to really come on line. I have done some container work in my lifetime and enough to know to stay the hell away from it. It was rather abusive when you drive from say 2 am to 8 am to meet the ship with the loaded export box then stand at the payphone for 18 more hours for another 7 hour run to the yard across three cities worth of rush hour.

Logs had no meaning. I learned what Mr Caffeine could do for me a while. 80 4mg pills over dinner usually took care of it for a while. Until the body actually deadlined on tolerance and I fell asleep anyway. I was only 21 that year. They paid something like 45 dollars for the load in and 15 for the chassis back. Not enough for a 30 hour day in a D model Mack.

Good time to become an Owner Operator might become one myself my good friend in Joliet grossing $10 to $12,000 a week doing intermodal in the Joliet area!

$2,000 a day? If I see some proof, I might even believe that. Getting in and out of Elwood can be a pain in the 5th wheel.

He won't give me a screen shot but I believe him he just bought new castle in Homer Glen. Talk to some of the owner operators when you are the rail yard next time.

He won't give me a screen shot but I believe him he just bought new castle in Homer Glen. Talk to some of the owner operators when you are the rail yard next time.
Can’t talk to most of them. They don’t speak English.

Used to run into Chester Port near Boeing Just above Delaware, swap out a chassis, a box and paperwork in 49 minutes. It was a good fast port. My record was 32 minutes flat from paper work to paperwork out of that gate. They did see me comng and pointed to a rectangle to stay in. Digging out a gooseneck long was what was necessary in the far back corners so they went and got it themselves. Dropped it behind my tractor and slammed the box onto it. Tied a can of sprite to the bills and tossed it into my window signed and waved bye bye.

Everything was perfect. That load went into Richmond Military Depot. It was rather heavy though. That walking beam took care of it in Richmond.