Yellow | Continue to work or leave ?

Enlighten us. Is a "random" phone survey the old school way of finding out what the bargain unit employee was thinking back then? I wasn't around. (not being sarcastic).

I was speaking hypothetically. I do not recall, at anytime taking part in a survey from a teamster point of view, on how I would vote, by phone.

My point was, that if mgmt was/is reading this, it is a random cross-section of opinions.

In essence, I agree with you.

I suspect that Management is more worried when we shut up than when we are continually yapping. When you vocalize your complaints and don't internalize them you are less prone to action.

Less vocalization can lead to more determination and more action. Don't keep telling your opponent what you are going to do! Keep 'em guessing! Then give it your best shot!

Here is what i consider internalizing to be: "In education, we talk about internalizing concepts or behaviors. We take them into our hearts and minds, into the internal workings of our cognition, and make them our own"

Don't try to convince the unwilling with negative comments. Constantly degrading the ones who don't agree with you causes friction that will be difficult to overcome. Educate, don't berate! Make plans with those who feel the way you do, explore your opportunities and take the actions that will result in the goals one desires.

You may not agree with your fellow Teamster, but when the smoke clears, and if we are till working for YRC, One must then work with those he disagreed with, or work relationships will be extremely difficult. I feel it is ok to agree to disagree, and I may not like some of a Brothers ideas and thoughts, but I don't hate him because he feels differently than I do. And, if he needs a hand, I will help him, even if we are on differing sides in this argument.

Some of you are just nuts.Youre barely getting by now.Not because of your lavish lifestyle and cavior every night (we wish, I hate cavior).Inflation isnt slowing down anytime soon.With a five year deal with no pay increases plus 15% wage deduction.You are diminishing your buying of anything power.Inflation will eat your shorts and everything else you buy.Dont just think of present time.Think about your earnings now (whatever earnings we get) we will be so far down in the dirt.A con way job would look like paradise.i dont want to live like that.Then to go to wo r k and hear of some sort of high mgmt person getting millions in bonuses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

What childish "name calling" are you referring to on this thread? And I'm surprised you didn't "like" #6.

I can't like #6. The inference there is that voting yes is a betrayal. I did not necessarily mean this thread, but rather the overall comments this subject has encouraged. I voted yes on every MOU proposal. I do not regret my actions. And as I've said no pension, NO vote.
This forum is public and therefore by no means does it represent the opinions of all YRCW teamsters. There may be 30 who regularly post on this forum. Another 200 who from time to time post. And not all are current or for that matter ever worked here. I don't believe 230 people is a good sampling of the sentiments of YRCW teamsters.
A brief history lesson. The MOUs would never have passed if the percentages expressed here had translated over to the rank and file.

what i see is a company that did lose 300 million a year and now is losing maybe 50 m

the truth be told even though many want to get their 15% back,yrcw is making huge moves forward,the ceo is really smart and always says we are going to do what everyone says cant be done.this extention will be done and they will include raises if things get better the yrcw people rank #3 behind ups and abfs in their total package,that includes all other trucking companies,some of the employees or maybe just bashers,do not see that it has turned around,and stead of fighting they should embrace the turn around,i am not a teamster at all,hell i have a hard time backing up my boat,but if you work for a company that is the 3rd highest in benes,why dont all pile on to support.instead of saying they cant win the ceo knows you all can win just quit bitching and let it happen.that attitude is what changes everything.:wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol:

the truth be told even though many want to get their 15% back,yrcw is making huge moves forward,the ceo is really smart and always says we are going to do what everyone says cant be done.this extention will be done and they will include raises if things get better the yrcw people rank #3 behind ups and abfs in their total package,that includes all other trucking companies,some of the employees or maybe just bashers,do not see that it has turned around,and stead of fighting they should embrace the turn around,i am not a teamster at all,hell i have a hard time backing up my boat,but if you work for a company that is the 3rd highest in benes,why dont all pile on to support.instead of saying they cant win the ceo knows you all can win just quit bitching and let it happen.that attitude is what changes everything.:wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol::wtflol:

Lurker, managur or investment broker?

U B da judge.

Turn around failed.

If extension pass how many of the no voters have the balls to walk away and say wont screw me anymore ? Bet no one will till they have another job lined up. I am voting yes because haven't found anything better or close to paying what I make here driving a forklift at 46 .

There is a difference between balls and brains

How about I vote NO and stay anyway. That's what the voting process is for. I didn't vote for the clown in the white house but I still stayed in the country. I will stand up on my feet and if my side loses, live to fight another day. Others took a stand at one time and that is why YOU can make a living out of driving a forklift at 46.
That alone should be enough scare them into sweetening the pot a little. :hysterical:

Attitude will not change anything in this situation.
Lurker, managur or investment broker?

U B da judge.
Someone with nothing else to do...

Yep, and they are on here all the time...along with analysts and customers...."When You Want To Know Whats Going On".....KK

Oh no, if they're really on here that means everything we pointed out that is a huge money drain has fallen on deaf, dumb & blind people.man I'm glad I sold that stock. Say it with me children, I D I O T S.

I don't wish for anyone to leave. Vote and live with the outcome. But nobody needs to leave unless you can better your situation. Every man working at YRC, Holland and New Penn have earned their right to this process.

I plan to leave...been in this union since 1978. What we fought for so hard back then....junior is just giving away. I quit driving the road and went into the city because I got tired of driving junk, then I was assigned a new volvo, which set on the last 3 out of 6 months I had her with air valve issues. Pride yes but safety comes first....I simply had enough....the other day I had a new driver stop and say he could not get the 5th wheel to lock. I told him to ask for another tractor...tell them I couldn't get it hooked. He walked out to the spotter and asked who did I know, when he used my name he got another city unit. Simple your starting your 30 days, need to cover your back...dispatch knows I would walk up to the window and fill out that book in front of them placing the unit out of service.! WE live by our rules, at least have the b...s to stand up for what is right ! I am planning to leave because I'm tired of the BS. When you can't trust the union or the employer your in no mans land....it's hard to cover your back. To all those who stay...wish them the best....if I get the chance....I'm gone.!

I agree with " albag" , enough name calling, the company loves it. Vote with your conscious and what is best for you and your family, not your emotions.

I plan to leave...been in this union since 1978. What we fought for so hard back then....junior is just giving away. I quit driving the road and went into the city because I got tired of driving junk, then I was assigned a new volvo, which set on the last 3 out of 6 months I had her with air valve issues. Pride yes but safety comes first....I simply had enough....the other day I had a new driver stop and say he could not get the 5th wheel to lock. I told him to ask for another tractor...tell them I couldn't get it hooked. He walked out to the spotter and asked who did I know, when he used my name he got another city unit. Simple your starting your 30 days, need to cover your back...dispatch knows I would walk up to the window and fill out that book in front of them placing the unit out of service.! WE live by our rules, at least have the b...s to stand up for what is right ! I am planning to leave because I'm tired of the BS. When you can't trust the union or the employer your in no mans land....it's hard to cover your back. To all those who stay...wish them the best....if I get the chance....I'm gone.!
Oldguns my tenure is about the same as yours. Only I can't see any thing that is greener on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Everyone will vote their own best interest. The insinuation and name calling is childish. Vote yes, vote no, either way just be sure that it is YOUR opinion. There is no proposal as yet. When there is evaluate it well and vote. I'm sick and tired of others insulting those of differing opinions. I've stated several times, no pension improvements will cause me to vote no. You need to decide for yourself. I have.

Sorry, but I disagree with your "more money in to the pension" stance. How have the various funds managed the money we have given them to date? And you want to give them more? Imo, the pensions are a lost cause. We will be lucky to get even 50% of what we were promised in the past. I'm not sure what the answer is. But funneling more of our hard earned dollars into an already broken system of money management seems foolish to me. How about transferring the half a million I've already got in my pension fund (and cant' touch till the end of my 47 year career....17 years from now) in to a 401 k that I can oversee? Vito ,Tony, Rocco, and Vinny have squandered too many millions.......while they are on a beach somewhere sipping an umbrella drink, I am still pounding freight. How about giving ME a chance with MY money?

309 YRC Chicago

Sorry, but I disagree with your "more money in to the pension" stance. How have the various funds managed the money we have given them to date? And you want to give them more? Imo, the pensions are a lost cause. We will be lucky to get even 50% of what we were promised in the past. I'm not sure what the answer is. But funneling more of our hard earned dollars into an already broken system of money management seems foolish to me. How about transferring the half a million I've already got in my pension fund (and cant' touch till the end of my 47 year career....17 years from now) in to a 401 k that I can oversee? Vito ,Tony, Rocco, and Vinny have squandered too many millions.......while they are on a beach somewhere sipping an umbrella drink, I am still pounding freight. How about giving ME a chance with MY money?

Agree.:duh:

wait for info then vote yes or no take your chance they close the doors ...........I am always looking for a equal or better job but there are none out there I have found hiring...........
.so do I vote yes or no ??????
well give up 4 weeks of vacation start over,
take a another 15- 30 percent pay cut working some where else, make less then I am now
having to pay for health insurance 200,300.400 or more a month with less coverage, higher out of pocket, higher deductible,
lot of jobs don't pay overtime,
less holidays,
no sick days
sometimes you have to look at the whole package remember

I have 17 years paid in. Give me a choice between a lump sum contribution into my 401k and match my contributions. I understand that were all in a different boat when it comes to the pension. But this is what I feel will be best for me unless the pension is restored and fully funded, which is highly unlikely. Any other ideas are welcome. Lets quit being haters to each other and instead support each other.

Knock knock , who's there ? 300 mill ,,, 300 mill who? 300 million more of debt your in-- after all the give back.. turn around seems to be working out , for who ?