Yellow | Contract & Slow Freight

FreightKicker

TB Lurker
Credits
Contract is coming up...expect YRC Corporate to play the "We are not profitable" game.

Don't buy into the dogma!!!

Bet your ass YRC Corporate is going to do everything they can to make sure we WILL NOT show a profit. Corporate will use the old scare tactic "We are not going to be able to stay open" to scare the kool aid drinkers.
For once.... put the Kool aid down and stand up for something. NO if needed isn't always a bad thing.
Folks is time to UNIFY AS ONE! Show YRC Corporate and the Teamster's in DC...We do and will have a say in the matter!!!

Contract is coming up...expect YRC Corporate to play the "We are not profitable" game.

Bet your ass YRC Corporate is going to do everything they can to make sure we WILL NOT show a profit. Corporate will use the old scare tactic "We are not going to be able to stay open" to scare the kool aid drinkers.
For once.... put the Kool aid down and stand up for something. NO if needed isn't always a bad thing.
Folks is time to UNIFY AS ONE! Show YRC Corporate and the Teamster's in DC...We do and will have a say in the matter!!!
50% of the driving force are waiting on the contract they need to pay up. Or the driver shortage will be solved no drivers for yrcw means more drivers entering the driver field

Driver's have the upper hand in 2019 , think about extremely short of Driver's and lowest paid so can't hire newbie's , so it's time to at very least match the higher non-union pay scale or lock the gate , enough of these number games :6788:

With an Operating Ratio of 100.9 I'm pretty sure they don't have to play the "We're not making money" card because they aren't!

So many people are on the cusp of retiring.
Keep that in mind.
I know I'll hear (read) ::shit:: on that. But alot of 30 year over 62 people here.
They think they have a driver shortage now? Lol. Just wait.
I'm not a number cruncher by no means. But I'm sure. Me included. Will retire even before contract comes up if possible.
It's a wait and see.
I can go now but getting a few more ducks in line and waiting for the government to say no in November.

So many people are on the cusp of retiring.
Keep that in mind.
I know I'll hear (read) :::shit::: on that. But alot of 30 year over 62 people here.
They think they have a driver shortage now? Lol. Just wait.
I'm not a number cruncher by no means. But I'm sure. Me included. Will retire even before contract comes up if possible.
It's a wait and see.
I can go now but getting a few more ducks in line and waiting for the government to say no in November.

First item on my list is full retirement compensation. Above all else. For the future of those that follow. Where a pension fund is no longer an option, return to 100% into the 401-k. Those still bound in various funds, will need to make their choices known.

Maintenance of our level of healthcare.
Do not compromise it for those that follow.

These are fixed costs. The company can prepare and plan accordingly.

Return to the former vacation schedule.

Wages are the last item of negotiation.
With a $4.50+/- increase, tax free to retirement, a realistic wage has been met.

Above all else, with all of the sacrifices we have made, do not forget our history and the sacrifices those before us made.

First item on my list is full retirement compensation. Above all else. For the future of those that follow. Where a pension fund is no longer an option, return to 100% into the 401-k. Those still bound in various funds, will need to make their choices known.

Maintenance of our level of healthcare.
Do not compromise it for those that follow.

These are fixed costs. The company can prepare and plan accordingly.

Return to the former vacation schedule.

Wages are the last item of negotiation.
With a $4.50+/- increase, tax free to retirement, a realistic wage has been met.

Above all else, with all of the sacrifices we have made, do not forget our history and the sacrifices those before us made.
Well said. Thank you.
You wrote what I was thinking but can't put it in writing.
Especially above all else. The last sentence.
:1036316054:

We will be lucky to still have company paid health insurance with minor raises the 15% and full pension is never coming back. I have a feeling Schneider is going to buy us in Bankruptcy after we vote no since Welch just hired on to their Board of Directors now they will know everything about our company.

Like the schneider idea. Be nice to get a raise. seriously, if welch, can sell the BOD on the fact that we are, and will remain, the lowest paid LTL carrier, (yrcw) that just might happen.

We will be lucky to still have company paid health insurance with minor raises the 15% and full pension is never coming back. I have a feeling Schneider is going to buy us in Bankruptcy after we vote no since Welch just hired on to their Board of Directors now they will know everything about our company.
Everything about this company is already public knowledge....

The government doesnt have to say no (or yes). Theres presently nothing to vote on. They can just not vote on anything.
I know. But even beyond that I am still waiting.
Ducks aren't up yet.
Working on it.
Can't just leave. Well. Could. But it would be stupid not to have it planned and everything in line. I've seen some just retire without preparation. Doesn't work out well most times. So. I've learned from others mistakes.
It doesn't hinge on what the government does in a rescue plan if there is one at all.
Just sayin.
:17142: