Yellow | Contract & Slow Freight

Contract is coming up...expect YRC Corporate to play the "We are not profitable" game.

Don't buy into the dogma!!!

Bet your ass YRC Corporate is going to do everything they can to make sure we WILL NOT show a profit. Corporate will use the old scare tactic "We are not going to be able to stay open" to scare the kool aid drinkers.
For once.... put the Kool aid down and stand up for something. NO if needed isn't always a bad thing.
Folks is time to UNIFY AS ONE! Show YRC Corporate and the Teamster's in DC...We do and will have a say in the matter!!!
I imagine the company could close down at anytime of their choosing no matter the financial conditions.

I work at Holland in Nashville we haul as much or more than anyone.We all haul the same stuff and yet all other companies make more money.There is no way we aren't making money,greed and pissed off employees are adoutto butt heads.I need to work but at this point I'm sick of making the shareholders rich and then threaten us every 5 years,with the ol closing routine.Demand a fair contract for us for once or let them close.

Look at the recent mergers as an example Knight-Swift and Heniff-Miller Transporters could Schneider-YRCW be in the works?
It would be the number 1 company in freight with combined revenues above Fedex Freight division!
Try to find out what happened to Teamster Miller Transporter drivers with them being bought out by Heniff are they still honoring their contract? I've been asking a few of them at truck stops but not all of them are Teamsters haven't run into one yet.

I work at Holland in Nashville we haul as much or more than anyone.We all haul the same stuff and yet all other companies make more money.There is no way we aren't making money,greed and pissed off employees are adoutto butt heads.I need to work but at this point I'm sick of making the shareholders rich and then threaten us every 5 years,with the ol closing routine.Demand a fair contract for us for once or let them close.
Have you checked the price of the stock lately? The share holders aren't doing any better than the employees! The mismanagement of this company hurts everyone but top management and the BOD.

Look at the recent mergers as an example Knight-Swift and Heniff-Miller Transporters could Schneider-YRCW be in the works?
It would be the number 1 company in freight with combined revenues above Fedex Freight division!
Try to find out what happened to Teamster Miller Transporter drivers with them being bought out by Heniff are they still honoring their contract? I've been asking a few of them at truck stops but not all of them are Teamsters haven't run into one yet.

Imagine Schneider employees sitting around talking about the "good old days" before YRC drug them to the bottom :burnsauce:

:dance:

If they buy us they won't hire anymore Union drivers like Schneider Tranport.
What does yrc have that another company would want? They lease terminals, lease new equip, own the oldest junk trucks on the road. Drivers are the biggest asset and many would retire if yrc was purchased by a non. I don’t understand why you think yrc would be a good buy. It’s got a mountain of debt to boot

Yes, I agree; if the yrc can’t make a profit in THIS freight environment then it never will and needs to be put down

What does yrc have that another company would want? They lease terminals, lease new equip, own the oldest junk trucks on the road. Drivers are the biggest asset and many would retire if yrc was purchased by a non. I don’t understand why you think yrc would be a good buy. It’s got a mountain of debt to boot

Trucking companies don't acquire each other for the material assets, the do it for the accounts and employees.

Thats because they spend all the money!!
No. It's because people keep destroying freight. Do any of you know how much YRC spends in OS&D? You don't make money if you don't deliver freight, and a customer isn't going to accept a piece of freight on a trashed skid in a box that's been crushed and forked three times. I'd like to say I'm exaggerating...but I have seen it that bad.

If you want the company to give a ::shit:: about you wanting full rate, stop breaking ::shit:: just because you're mad. They will close the doors in your face, declare financial insolvency, and they will blame the unionized employees for being uncooperative. How do you think that'll make your resume look when you vote yourself out of one of the last unionized trucking jobs out there?

If you think they won't close, you're not paying attention to history. USF Red Star closed after all of 4 days on strike, blamed the strike for driving customers away, and they got away with it!

No. It's because people keep destroying freight. Do any of you know how much YRC spends in OS&D? You don't make money if you don't deliver freight, and a customer isn't going to accept a piece of freight on a trashed skid in a box that's been crushed and forked three times. I'd like to say I'm exaggerating...but I have seen it that bad.

If you want the company to give a :::shit::: about you wanting full rate, stop breaking :::shit::: just because you're mad. They will close the doors in your face, declare financial insolvency, and they will blame the unionized employees for being uncooperative. How do you think that'll make your resume look when you vote yourself out of one of the last unionized trucking jobs out there?

If you think they won't close, you're not paying attention to history. USF Red Star closed after all of 4 days on strike, blamed the strike for driving customers away, and they got away with it!
They are not going to shut the doors , Red Star they wanted to get rid of before the strike and they need to MATCH the higher non-union pay scale if they want to stay in business, because HOW can they stay in business without being able to hire driver's ???

If you want the company to give a :::shit::: about you wanting full rate, stop breaking :::shit::: just because you're mad. They will close the doors in your face, declare financial insolvency, and they will blame the unionized employees for being uncooperative. How do you think that'll make your resume look when you vote yourself out of one of the last unionized trucking jobs out there?

Wow you speak like management!! Us Teamsters have kept this company on life support for almost 10yrs, their **** poor management is what keeps us behind the rest!!! If they cant pay up in April they can lock the F'n gate now for all I care! Theres life after YRC that pays better than this dump!!!