Yellow | Contract & Slow Freight

Damages are no different now than before.
They had 40 million then and have it now in claims.
And yrc does not pay their bills to begin with.
So how much they pay out in claims would have to be verified.
Now losing customers over claims is different.
All LTL has enormously high damage claims I'm sure.
It's not because union guys are purposely doing it. Some. Maybe.
But it's the shove it on the trailer no matter what don't give a ::shit:: attitude from top to bottom.
:17142:
Preshift the supervisor said we were getting too many damages the other day.
He takes pics of the rear and shuts the door. I asked him who was to blame for letting stuff go when he can see it and shuts the door anyway. He didn't answer so I told him he was to blame. All he had to do is ask someone to correct it.
But that takes time.
Nothing changes.
They just bitch about it and shut the door anyway.

So Ernie when are we going to start to NEGOTIATE AND 2019 is time to level the playing field of -15% .................time to pay the rate :6788:
bdb26dee1110a724ae8eed34877dd321.jpg

We’re actually having our first ‘suggestion’ meeting 9/8.

I suggest y’all light a fire under your BA’s tukas.

It is very telling that this after they had a meeting with Deutsche Bank where Deutsche Bank came away very optimistic about the company’s ability to generate profit in the future. Duh! What is a critical element in the ability of the company to generate profit? And, what do investors ask about in every conference call with the company? You can bet the company passed on information about the status of “negotiations” with the Teamsters. This meeting is nothing more than a pat on the head to make you feel as though what you want is relevant.

Upgrading YRC Worldwide

It is very telling that this after they had a meeting with Deutsche Bank where Deutsche Bank came away very optimistic about the company’s ability to generate profit in the future. Duh! What is a critical element in the ability of the company to generate profit? And, what do investors ask about in every conference call with the company? You can bet the company passed on information about the status of “negotiations” with the Teamsters. This meeting is nothing more than a pat on the head to make you feel as though what you want is relevant.

Upgrading YRC Worldwide

So skipping the meeting and sitting on the sideline waiting for an offer, is a better tactic?

I understand your cynicism, but apathy is a major factor contributing to our present circumstance.

What have we got to lose by making our wishes known? I have been exercising in futility for 9 years. What do I lose by attending a meeting for a couple hours? At least I affirm the understanding of where my local stands on our behalf. It becomes public record.

I understand your cynicism, but apathy is a major factor contributing to our present circumstance.
That's it right there.
I am embarrassed but will admit and man up to both cynicism which created the apathy in me.
Not making excuses.
But working the last 9 years there has this deeply rooted in me now.

So skipping the meeting and sitting on the sideline waiting for an offer, is a better tactic?

What have we got to lose by making our wishes known? I have been exercising in futility for 9 years. What do I lose by attending a meeting for a couple hours? At least I affirm the understanding of where my local stands on our behalf. It becomes public record.

That comment wasn’t about you, it was about the situation we find ourselves in.

But, yes, if I had to pick the point at which my compulsive cynicism began, it would be that day, several years ago, when I walked into the office to the sight of cartage guys sitting at desks like they owned the place.

On a more positive note, that wealth inequality thing you hear so much about needn’t be a mystery to you. I don’t think you could find a better example of how it happens than that meeting, and the one before it.