Contract

smart guy

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been with nemf a little under 5 years and this will be the third time I have been asked to vote to either get no raise or take a cut. This is getting ridiculous. It's time to turn them down.Telling me that we're competitive with other ltl pay because of the ot doesn't cut it. Sure you can work 55 hours and make what others due in 45. We can't even find drivers because nobody wants to start at a wage this low,pay double what I am for insurance,and then pay a $500 fee to join a union that lets all this happen. SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE

I've been with nemf a little under 5 years and this will be the third time I have been asked to vote to either get no raise or take a cut. This is getting ridiculous. It's time to turn them down.Telling me that we're competitive with other ltl pay because of the ot doesn't cut it. Sure you can work 55 hours and make what others due in 45. We can't even find drivers because nobody wants to start at a wage this low,pay double what I am for insurance,and then pay a $500 fee to join a union that lets all this happen. SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE
what are the details of the deal ? we all know ABF's offer to their workers and imo, its horrible.

Myron is a genius !!! Smartest man in the industry !! He gets a mickey mouse union to keep out the teamsters and then each nemf location has to negotiate separately....you'll like it and vote the way they want or the'll close down terminals---they did it before.

i worked for those guys out of 02 terminal, from june of 1999 till sept of 2005, and i quit...best move i ever made.

if Mike wants you guys to take pay cuts, does he still spend his money on his fire truck collection,,,,???

does he still live in his high rise manhatten condo..???

when are you guys going to learn to vote that guy down..??

what's he going to do, lay off everyone....????

hardly

what union do you belong to?
Machinist union. And I believe ABF is proposing a 7% pay cut which will still be higher wages than us with more paid into their pension and free healthcare. Highly doubt the guys at ABF will get scared and pass something like that.

Obviously I like this job ok or I would leave but, it gets old working as hard as we do and doing everything your asked and then be asked to help Mr. Shevell get richer.