Estes | contractors

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
sure seems alot of contractors pullin our stuff as of late. my mom had a stroke friday so i took yesterday off to help out and now can't get out. i think maybe big e has gone overboard with the big trucks. i know some maybe needed here and there but man ol man does big e have to overdue everything ??? i know every company has contractor issues. maybe this is the wave of the future ??? OOOoo well i'll enjoy the time off and wash my shorts i guess:smilie_132: hope miles are a plenty for ya all... beerboy out tryin to get the wifey naked:hysterical:

sure seems alot of contractors pullin our stuff as of late. my mom had a stroke friday so i took yesterday off to help out and now can't get out. i think maybe big e has gone overboard with the big trucks. i know some maybe needed here and there but man ol man does big e have to overdue everything ??? i know every company has contractor issues. maybe this is the wave of the future ??? OOOoo well i'll enjoy the time off and wash my shorts i guess:smilie_132: hope miles are a plenty for ya all... beerboy out tryin to get the wifey naked:hysterical:

Apparently the use of outside carriers here @ the big e is growing. Wether they're pulling our freight, or pulling our empties. Kind of makes you wonder why they're using so many when freight levels are low. What are they going to do if the freight ever picks back up. What carriers have you seen out your way? Anyway, hope your mom's doing ok and hope you had luck getting the wife naked. :smilie_132:

no luck on the wife.. moms all good got that pill in the 2 hour window can't even tell anything happened.. you name it landstar, schnider, benfit, vst, we got 'em all. sucks. everyone in the ltl world is fightin this though.

no luck on the wife.. moms all good got that pill in the 2 hour window can't even tell anything happened.. you name it landstar, schnider, benfit, vst, we got 'em all. sucks. everyone in the ltl world is fightin this though.

Glad to hear about your mom. :1036316054:
I haven't seen Schneider or VST.. I have seen those jokers from Benefit and the Landstar guys on more than one occasion. I heard a landstar team pulled a set with a GI lead, one without the dive leg. He didnt seem to realize or someone failed to tell him.. That when you pull em with a twin screw you need to remove the flaps and slide your fifth wheel all the way back. Apparently he couldn't do either.. so he ended up having his flaps all ripped up and they needed to be cut off. I kind of thought serves ya right, but then again he's just doing what we all are. Trying to earn a living. It seems Landstar and Benefit are pulling out of 028 CHI to us. We must be short manpower out that way.

well i don't know about short of help i can't figure it out. i don't blame anyone for makin a livin..... just not with my (our) frieght

Last month, I had a pick up. Our customer got a quote from Estes, and it was too high. So they went to a broker, and Schneider got the bid, and had Estes pick it up. It just makes me f****n crazy! I got with the sales guy, and he went over and adjusted thier rates.... If they are not gonna meet the needs of paying customers, then let's stop waving sort and seg, and inside delivery charges.:duh:

Ya the other night I sat around till 1Am to wait on empties, got to the terminal at 6am in the morning of the previous day. Yes 19 hours to wait on empties.
Then when I drive over to the terminal I see about 7 of the cheap *** contractors, US EXPRESS, the Orange turd mobile, and some other company.
Man if this crap keeps up I'm goin elsewhere.
Now I kind of feel a union guys pain when somebody is always doin it cheaper then you.

Ya the other night I sat around till 1Am to wait on empties, got to the terminal at 6am in the morning of the previous day. Yes 19 hours to wait on empties.
Then when I drive over to the terminal I see about 7 of the cheap *** contractors, US EXPRESS, the Orange turd mobile, and some other company.
Man if this crap keeps up I'm goin elsewhere.
Now I kind of feel a union guys pain when somebody is always doin it cheaper then you.

Seems these guys are running alot of the freight out of your area. hope it gets better for you guys. :1036316054:

:thumbsdown:hell the contractors are running all the frieght !!! :nutkick:if you ask richmond they tell ya there is plenty of stuff to go around. i like this "well its one way that the contractors are doing" where ???? maybe one way to kansas city , one way to denver, one way to kansas city then one way to chicago..... :hide:all with the same contractor loaded the whole time with our frieght. i hope someone pulls their head out !!!!! or this winter will be real cold. right now is the bustin butt time.. can't do that unless i want to buy a big rig and then get my miles. hope something changes:duh:

Apparently the use of outside carriers here @ the big e is growing. Wether they're pulling our freight, or pulling our empties. Kind of makes you wonder why they're using so many when freight levels are low. What are they going to do if the freight ever picks back up. What carriers have you seen out your way? Anyway, hope your mom's doing ok and hope you had luck getting the wife naked. :smilie_132:

All ltl's are doing this in one way or another. Reason being is twofold, line haul is a non-revenue producing entity. It is also the most costly. Driver wages, price of fuel, and wear and tear on equipment. Second, the truckloads pay so little they can give ltl's a rate cheaper than we could haul it ourselves.

This blows for all of us but it will save the company some cash. My opinion, this will only get worse over time. We are using more of this all the time. Werner, Barr-Nunn, CRE, and our vaunted truckload division haul more of our freight than we do.

Bottom line. Saves the company $$$.

All ltl's are doing this in one way or another. Reason being is twofold, line haul is a non-revenue producing entity. It is also the most costly. Driver wages, price of fuel, and wear and tear on equipment. Second, the truckloads pay so little they can give ltl's a rate cheaper than we could haul it ourselves.

This blows for all of us but it will save the company some cash. My opinion, this will only get worse over time. We are using more of this all the time. Werner, Barr-Nunn, CRE, and our vaunted truckload division haul more of our freight than we do.

Bottom line. Saves the company $$$.

Well, they should just start sending it all rail, then I'll still see their freight at my next job. My new driving job is going to be with a joystick instead of a steering wheel and my wheels will be all steel with no rubber. Can you say engineer? It's the way to go now and I won't be looking back. See y'all from the rails, have fun with this run down, led by senile management company!

:smilie_132: :1036316054: :1036316054: :smilie_132:

Wonder if theres a "train"ing boards out there somewhere

Well, they should just start sending it all rail, then I'll still see their freight at my next job. My new driving job is going to be with a joystick instead of a steering wheel and my wheels will be all steel with no rubber. Can you say engineer? It's the way to go now and I won't be looking back. See y'all from the rails, have fun with this run down, led by senile management company!

I don't work for Estes. I wish you good luck though.

Not at ABF

:thumbsdown:hell the contractors are running all the frieght !!! :nutkick:if you ask richmond they tell ya there is plenty of stuff to go around. i like this "well its one way that the contractors are doing" where ???? maybe one way to kansas city , one way to denver, one way to kansas city then one way to chicago..... :hide:all with the same contractor loaded the whole time with our frieght. i hope someone pulls their head out !!!!! or this winter will be real cold. right now is the bustin butt time.. can't do that unless i want to buy a big rig and then get my miles. hope something changes:duh:
Only ABF employees pull ABF trailors all around the country some rail thats all. No contractors! The union will noy allow it.

Not at ABF

Only ABF employees pull ABF trailors all around the country some rail thats all. No contractors! The union will not allow it.

Just so you all know, landstar gets priority over company team drivers becuase Estes has to pay them delay time. ha

We had a landstar guy drop bring a trailer into our yard one time for a "live unload" Well, let me tell you how live it was... the man made $$$ for sleeping in his truck waiting for his trailer. Rob doesn't mind paying an outside carrier that much to sleep in our lot, but can he pay our guys for sitting in a break room for a few hours? Will he pay you for spending hours on end in a hotel room waiting for a run? Makes a lot of sense. If my "family" treated me that way, we'd have some serious issues.