R&L | conway news

Talked to Conway driver five minutes ago,rumors are flying ,but they havent had any pay or 401k cuts yet.

:smilie_132:conway has the same deal going as rl.they bought cfi last year, and a large amount of their freight is being given to conway truckload(their paramount. go to the conway forum.sounds like they are losing more and more frt to truckload. line hauls included.speaking of which, rl is now using outside carriers down south on linehaul type runs(memphis to houston, atlanta to shreveport, which would be 2 0r 3 linehaul moves elimanated.

Yea,we're looseing runs not just to CFI (conway truckload) also to subservive carriers England,Werner,Trucks,Celedon..Myself I don't like any of them hauling our freight but I can see CFI hauling it because conway owns them.Most of the CFI drivers I've talked to say there only getting 2000 miles a week.

yeah,we have the same thing.schneider,werner,sewell,landstar,.sat in atlanta one day had 11 outside carriers come in and get loads.we sat there 3 hours.no load.i can see the savings in one aspect of business, but how about loyalty to your employees.i guess in this day and age survival comes first. gteat times for trucking right now, huh

Yeah, it's really sad what the company is doing to us now. They put on a good song and dance saying the linehaul drivers jobs are safe but it does not look like it is. And for the p&d drivers out there that are not worried about their positions and think the changes don't effect them, look out! I know at my terminal and I'm sure at most others the majority of linehaul drivers have seniority over the p&d drivers and when it comes down to loosing your job or taking a step down, look out because its nothing personal but we are going to do what we have to do to have work.

I heard yesterday that Conway employees are taking a 5% wage reduction and that they are not getting their 401K match and are being asked to reduce their contributions to their 401Ks.

I heard yesterday that Conway employees are taking a 5% wage reduction and that they are not getting their 401K match and are being asked to reduce their contributions to their 401Ks.
That's true. 5% wage cut and most of the 401K match is gone. I think this wage cut thing will trickle down to all of the carriers..

At FXN we lost our 401k match Jan. 1st...no wage cut yet, for the drivers....Office and management took a 5 % reduction though.....I hope things get better for everyone soon, or this could get ugly.....

At FXN we lost our 401k match Jan. 1st...no wage cut yet, for the drivers....Office and management took a 5 % reduction though.....I hope things get better for everyone soon, or this could get ugly.....

I hope so too Racer. I just don't think these stimulus packs are going to work. Heard on Fox this morning that congress is considering another pack. I guess their going to try another "NEW DEAL" therory. It didn't work for FDR and I don't think it will work now.:smilie_132:

Yeah, it's really sad what the company is doing to us now. They put on a good song and dance saying the linehaul drivers jobs are safe but it does not look like it is. And for the p&d drivers out there that are not worried about their positions and think the changes don't effect them, look out! I know at my terminal and I'm sure at most others the majority of linehaul drivers have seniority over the p&d drivers and when it comes down to loosing your job or taking a step down, look out because its nothing personal but we are going to do what we have to do to have work.

I hope it works out for you guys if they cut back line haul and let you go back to city because I work at fedex and they would not let us bump a lower senority city driver due to our layoffs!!!