Yellow | COO Who took moves,and where did they go?

stoker

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering who, from where to where,and a guesstimate of their senority.The only posts so far were by KK in Atl.

I can't believe no one knows nothing about this.It looks as if the people posting at TB are all layed off,or way out of the loop.Did hear that of the 19 moving to 211 only 5 had enough senority to hold bids,don't know if that means much or not.Still looking for so insight on this .[quote author=stoker link=topic=79248.msg821847#msg821847 date=1271335845]
Just wondering who, from where to where,and a guesstimate of their senority.The only posts so far were by KK in Atl.
[/quote]

Junior men that won bids to new locations will work even if there are more senior men laid off! The junior men will work until the Senior men get a letter of recall. Then the senior man would dovetail back into his seniority slot. Then when there are layoffs again the junior men would be laid off. In Columbus the junior men are guaranteed work until November 2010.

I was looking last night (Friday 04-16-10) at the seniority board. The new one wasn't posted yet. But there were about 174 on the current board. Prior to the COO you had to have seniority prior to August 1990 to be an Active position. There was a man from Buffalo with a seniority date of 2008 that won a transfer "Active Position" to Columbus.

[quote author=KYRFO link=topic=79248.msg822402#msg822402 date=1271522721]
Junior men that won bids to new locations will work even if there are more senior men laid off! The junior men will work until the Senior men get a letter of recall. Then the senior man would dovetail back into his seniority slot. Then when there are layoffs again the junior men would be laid off. In Columbus the junior men are guaranteed work until November 2010.
[/quote] I understand the junior man working part as part of the COO.Just curious as to men going and coming.How did they come up with Nov 2010 for any type of garanteed work?Is that when a new bid starts or is it a date pulled out of the air?Thanks for your imput.

That is weird.a guy tranfers in.has less seniority than a man who is laidoff at a terminal.junior man transfer works over the higher senior man who is laidoff.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

They are allowed to work untill the end of the bid. after that time they go to where ever their senority holds,be it layoff or a bid. :nono:

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79248.msg830714#msg830714 date=1274129924]
They are allowed to work untill the end of the bid. after that time they go to where ever their senority holds,be it layoff or a bid. :nono:
[/quote]Are you sure about the bid thing? In CS I always understood it to be until a senior laid off was recalled to work he could not exercise his seniority. :popcorn:

That was the way it was done at yellow. They can bring a senior man back but the other is working untill the end of the bid or next coo.

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79248.msg830730#msg830730 date=1274133367]
That was the way it was done at yellow. They can bring a senior man back but the other is working untill the end of the bid or next coo.
[/quote]So that I may understand. Man comes in under COO. Month later company gains new account adding a man and they recalled a man with more seniority. Then a week later you lose an account that costs a man. Who continues working and who gets laid off? I think we are just talking a different language here, (Rdwy and Yell) but the results end up being the same. :popcorn:

[quote author=wolf link=topic=79248.msg830731#msg830731 date=1274134050]
[/quote]So that I may understand. Man comes in under COO. Month later company gains new account adding a man and they recalled a man with more seniority. Then a week later you lose an account that costs a man. Who continues working and who gets laid off? I think we are just talking a different language here, (Rdwy and Yell) but the results end up being the same. :popcorn:
[/quote] The numbers of manpower are the same,the people working are different.I keep hearing to the next bid but have not seen it anywhere on paper.The COO said they would not be layed off on arrivial at their new terminals.Since KK was there I sent him a PM asking if he had info on the time frame for those who moved and so far have not heard from him.

Stocker I would be surprised if a time frame was spelled out. It could be such a simple process. It seems it is purposely left blank so that the question can end up at some panel. I have my own theory on why. :nono:

[/quote]That is correct Pilot108.

We had this talk lastnight at 211. When the guys that moved in there got a bid, if they brought a man back off of layoff to cover new freight he would go to the xtra board ,or could bid on a run if it was posted. They could'nt bump a man, who came in on a change off a bid, he would have to wait untill the bid ends before he can exercise his senority. :bash: :hyper: