ABF | COO

The longer it takes to get this thing out and posted the more suspicious I get that it is not going to be good for the Seniors. Smells of Juniority to me.
Thats the truth I’m # 4 out of 18 & I went from a 7am to a 7:30 & now a 8:30 start cut with 75% of out business is inbound, while junior UE guys are staying 12 hours a day pushing senior driver start times back….

Correct me, I could be wrong. I retired May 2019. But I seem to recall that there's a section in the Master Contract stating the Company could add or take away UE's as needed without a COO.
Partially true....you need enough regional freight to justify the addition of a UE driver....UE drivers aren't supposed to haul long haul freight...the company tried adding a UE run at my barn....Carlisle grieved it and the company quickly cancelled the run....

The company is putting on more meet and turns system wide, several more phases to come . These are all road runs. Getting away from the hotel and letting drivers be at home every day. This is a road change of operation, Ue are city runs that are to work the dock. The Union wants road drivers running Road runs
They were talking about doing that 10 years ago, and I loved the idea. I just wanted to be home. I was burned out on the road and hotels.

I agree with you, I want to be home daily, also it gives the customer better service. It saves the company lots of money on hotels. This is how many other companies has been running freight for years. This will continue to make operating cost go down. This is long haul over the road freight.

I have heard of drivers living in Wisconsin and driving out of South Chicago. One had been a yellow employee and just wanted to get two more years paid into the pension then retire. In some areas there are drivers that live 50 plus miles from the terminal and with gasoline on its way to $5.00 not everyone wants to make the trip twice between home and work.